Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

READY PLAYER ONE Comic-Con Trailer #1 (2018)

ready player one steven spielberg 2045

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_SputnicK_

_SputnicK_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUSA

• Time_Traveller likes this

Artificial intelligence will reach human levels by around 2029.

Follow that out further to, say, 2045, we will have multiplied the intelligence, the human biological machine intelligence of our civilization a billion-fold.
-Ray Kurzweil

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

This film looks really great and is on my list of films to see next year.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationWrocław

Well finally. I loved the book and from what I've heard some of the puzzles will be different in the movie so those who read the book will have fun watching it.

• _SputnicK_ likes this

LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNashChat

I have a feeling it might stray far from the book. Not because I read the book, but more because that's what Hollywood usually does.

I'm not sure if they're going for Cyberpunk. If so, it seems a little ... action heavy? But then most Hollywood movies are.

Cerebrum Cerebellum -- Speculative Non-Fiction -- Writing

Luna Network -- Nodal Sneaker Network -- Programming

Published Works: https://www.wattpad.com/432077022-tevun-krus-44-sword-planet-the-intergalactic-heads

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I know its just a film but highly unrealistic we'll still be using goggles and haptic gloves for VR in 2045, they should have brought the date to 2025....

• Yuli Ban and LWFlouisa like this

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Unfortunately Spielberg has said he doesn't want to make a film where the majority of easter eggs are self gratifying (most are from Spielberg movies). I think there is a rumour that the only mech in the entire movie will be the Iron Giant... and it won't be voiced by Diesel....

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationUK
The film looks incredible. I second what another poster said, by the year 2045 people won't be using vr goggles like depicted in the film, it's going to be contact lenses or something else completely.
  • Yuli Ban likes this
We create our own future's and therefore our own destinies.

bbanks1995

bbanks1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIllinois

The film looks incredible. I second what another poster said, by the year 2045 people won't be using vr goggles like depicted in the film, it's going to be contact lenses or something else completely.

It will most likely be Matrix-Style VR via nanobots or a powerful headset. According to the timelime, that's possible by the late 2030s. I wish the film used that instead.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

@Everyone saying that VR tech needs to be visually better: it's actually explained in the book that human society is completely in decline and that the era where miniaturization like that was possible is behind us. So there's technically a reason.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

This is literally my favorite book of all time; I'm so excited they're making it into a movie.

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ready player one, steven spielberg, 2045

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users