Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Israel Watch Thread

Israel Middle East US

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Shit's hitting the fan so hard and so fast that the fan's breaking down under the weight.

Netanyahu's top aide turning state's witness leaves little doubt: The PM will be indicted

The state's witness agreement reached between the prosecution and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's former aide, Ari Harow, on Friday has one virtually irreversible implication: An indictment against Netanyahu is coming.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Israel the Latest Middle Eastern Nation to Ban Qatar’s Al-Jazeera

Israel said Sunday it plans to ban Qatar's flagship Al-Jazeera network from operating in the country over allegations it incites violence, joining Arab nations that have shut down the broadcaster amid a separate political dispute. The news organization, in turn, said it will take legal action.
Communications Minister Ayoob Kara said he plans to revoke the press credentials of Al-Jazeera journalists, effectively preventing them from working in Israel.
Kara said he has asked cable and satellite networks to block Al Jazeera transmissions and is seeking legislation to ban them altogether.

• Maximus likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

As Netanyahu Investigators Close In, Some Ask: How Long Can He Hold On?

Political cartoons depict flames licking at the foundations of the fortresslike household of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Commentators say the noose is tightening around his neck.
For months, Mr. Netanyahu has been under investigation in two separate, leak-ridden graft cases involving illicit gifts from wealthy friends and back-room dealings with a local newspaper magnate in a bid for favorable coverage. The latest blow came just before the weekend, when the Israeli police signed a state’s witness deal with Ari Harow, Mr. Netanyahu’s former chief of staff and once one of his closest confidants.
A day earlier, in a legal document pertaining to the negotiations with Mr. Harow, the police said in writing, for the first time, that Mr. Netanyahu was suspected of bribery, as well as fraud and breach of trust.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts

This will be bad, clashes break out in West Bank over Trump Jerusalem speech
Source: Washington Post

RAMALLAH, West Bank Skirmishes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli soldiers broke out Thursday in Ramallah and other places in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, one day after President Trump announced that his administration would recognize Jerusalem as Israels capital.

The Palestinian Authority called for a general strike in Palestinian cities and, in Gaza, the Islamist Hamas movement urged its followers to ignite a third intifada, or uprising, against Israel.

At a checkpoint near Ramallah, Israeli forces fired dozens of rounds of tear gas and stun grenades at hundreds of Palestinian protesters gathering to air their anger over Trumps statement. They burned tires and pelted the soldiers with rocks.

This will be bad, said an ambulance driver.

Read more: https://www.washingt...m=.4443582e2a49

Fake POTUS rolls out Jareds peace process. What a fucking mess he's making out of the entire world.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Fake POTUS rolls out Jareds peace process. What a fucking mess he's making out of the entire world.

Regardless of his intentions, he destroys the US-led "liberal" world order. In the long term, this is a good and progressive thing and therefore i welcome his efforts.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Regardless of his intentions, he destroys the US-led "liberal" world order. In the long term, this is a good and progressive thing and therefore i welcome his efforts.

Pretty much handing American leadership to russia. Of course you welcome it. lol

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Clashes erupt across West Bank over U.S. Jerusalem pivot
Source: Associated Press

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/08/2017 07:48 AM EST

JERUSALEM — Palestinians clashed with Israeli troops across the West Bank and Gaza, and Muslim worshippers from Jordan to Indonesia poured into the streets after Friday prayers to protest President Donald Trump's recognition of contested Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

At least one Palestinian was killed in skirmishes between protesters and Israeli troops along the Gaza border fence, the Palestinian Health Ministry said. Dozens more were reported wounded in clashes in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Protesters burned Israeli and U.S. flags or stomped on Trump posters in displays of anger.

In the West Bank, demonstrators torched heaps of tires, sending columns of thick black smoke rising over the cities of Ramallah and Bethlehem. Palestinian stone-throwers traded volleys in the streets with soldiers firing tear gas and rubber bullets.

The Israeli military reported protests at 30 locations across the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and said Israeli forces arrested six people.

Read more: https://www.politico...em-pivot-287138

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Trump's Jerusalem move: Arab allies attack decision
Source: BBC

31 minutes ago

Arab officials say US President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital risks plunging the Middle East into "violence and chaos". The move ended US neutrality on one of the region's most sensitive issues. Arab League foreign ministers now say it means the US cannot be relied upon as a broker of Middle East peace.

The statement by 22 countries, including close US allies, comes after a third day of violence and protests in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Israel has always regarded Jerusalem as its capital, while the Palestinians claim East Jerusalem - occupied by Israel in the 1967 war - as the capital of a future Palestinian state.
(snip)

The Arab League resolution was agreed at 03:00 (01:00 GMT) after hours of talks in Cairo. It was backed by a number of US allies, including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Jordan, who had already voiced their concern.

The resolution said:
◾The US had "withdrawn itself as a sponsor and broker" of any possible Israeli-Palestinian peace process through its decision
◾Mr Trump's move "deepens tension, ignites anger and threatens to plunge region into more violence and chaos"
◾A request would be made for the UN Security Council to condemn the move
(snip)

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/n...e-east-42297437

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Pretty much handing American leadership to russia China. Of course you welcome it. lol

Let's face it. China's literally biding their time right now, but they've been expanding like crazy into the Arab and African spheres. I don't think most people even know how red Africa is right now. The whole ordeal with Zimbabwe? Guess whose shadow loomed behind it all? I mean, if you're building a hegemonic empire, international regime change is a must-have skill.

The one who gains the most from a Disunited States of America isn't Russia, but instead China. 

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • LocationCanada

Pretty much handing American leadership to russia China. Of course you welcome it. lol

Let's face it. China's literally biding their time right now, but they've been expanding like crazy into the Arab and African spheres. I don't think most people even know how red Africa is right now. The whole ordeal with Zimbabwe? Guess whose shadow loomed behind it all? I mean, if you're building a hegemonic empire, international regime change is a must-have skill.

The one who gains the most from a Disunited States of America isn't Russia, but instead China. 

And ironically, at Russia's expense as well. It's one thing to have an arch-nemesis superpower half a world away (not counting Alaska). It's quite another to have one in your backyard, one which has been showing it doesn't give two shits about getting all up in your Central Asian business. Oh yeah, it's also right on the border of a vast, almost inhabited part of your country which might start to look real tasty as global warming thaws it up.

Of course, China and Russia could end up being the best of friends, but power politics rarely allow for such fairy tales.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Of course, China and Russia could end up being the best of friends...

Yes, China may become the best friend or the worst enemy... other hand, USA is and will be the worst enemy, always, under any circumstances. So, China is preferable.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

EU tells Netanyahu no support for Trump's Jerusalem move
Source: Reuters
DECEMBER 11, 2017 / 4:10 AM

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday urged the European Union to follow U.S. President Donald Trump’s lead and recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, but EU ministers shook their heads at Trump’s move.

Netanyahu, arriving for a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Brussels, said Trump’s move made peace in the Middle East possible “because recognising reality is the substance of peace, the foundation of peace.”

But even Israel’s closest European allies such as the Czech Republic warned Trump’s decision was bad for peace efforts, while France insisted Jerusalem’s status could only be agreed in a final deal between Israelis and Palestinians.

Asked by reporters about Trump’s decision to switch the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, Czech Foreign Minister Lubomir Zaoralek said: “I‘m afraid it can’t help us.”

Read more: https://www.reuters....SKBN1E50KO?il=0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Israel, Middle East, US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users