Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Natural Language Processing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JoeClark

JoeClark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

anyone know natural language processing? If you know please explain yes 

my purpose for example take a whole article, then from the article is made into a new article that is not the same.
for example, detecting grammar structure, for example, present, sentence changed to future tense, and every sentence has to do with the next sentence , So the whole article can generate new articles only with the sample of the article.I also looking for Natural Language Processing Video for my article.

I do not speak markov chain, but talk about how to generate articles using this NLP thanks.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

• Jakob likes this

Whereas

Whereas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

NLP is a field of study, a subfield of AI - so it's not any specific technique or algorithm you can learn. It's about working with natural language, which requires a degree of *understanding* in order not to miscomprehend or mangle things horribly.

I'm not sure what you mean with your example - just taking an article and rephrasing it? That's not exactly useful for anything other than dodging copyrights... a higher and more useful aim would be to take several articles about something and make a new article from the combined insights.

• Yuli Ban likes this

If you're wrong, how would you know it?

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,214 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I'm rather interested in the technical aspects of AI. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Welcome to the forum, Joe.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

NLP is a field of study, a subfield of AI - so it's not any specific technique or algorithm you can learn. It's about working with natural language, which requires a degree of *understanding* in order not to miscomprehend or mangle things horribly.
I'm not sure what you mean with your example - just taking an article and rephrasing it? That's not exactly useful for anything other than dodging copyrights... a higher and more useful aim would be to take several articles about something and make a new article from the combined insights.

Well the idea is to break language down scientifically/logically with code which would allow further code to process it.

He gives the example of changing the tense of an article as an example which probably does have practical uses if you think about it, at least more practical than AI beating Lee Sedol in a game most of us have never played. Some languages dont even have concept of 3 tenses. Generating this code will also help AI in future understand the difference in human tenses. In this case the code parses the sentences into words/sentences, verbs, nouns etc. I think linguists like the great man - Noam Chomsky probably helped analyse how sentences should be constructed systematically, just not the coding side of it.

Joe mentions not using a Markov chain, maybe because to do this truly this type of AI does not need to guess or predict any kind of human behaviour, as the article is already written. Even though stats and probability have proven successful they aren't working on logical structure and more on the likelyhood of what we say today rather than how logical it is.

The process is made difficult because languages were created with less logic than computer languages and 'higher level english education' is really a subjective art form rather than a logical way to communicate.

If this is for some essay I am sure there is code in languages like python, lisp etc freely available on the net to do the basics and tree structures on how sentences should be constructed, as this is not a new field, like much of AI.
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users