Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Sino-Indian Border Crisis

China India border Asia crisis flashpoint Doklam Central Asia construction war

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationArgentina

I only think there will be no nuclear detonations.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

China Riles India with 'Racist' Video over Tense Border Standoff

Tensions between China and India over a border area disputed with Bhutan along the Himalayan Mountains have reached a new peak after the Chinese state media released a video mocking India's stance with "racist undertones." 
China state-controlled news agency Xinhua published a video on its English-language YouTube channel under the title "7 Sins of India," an apparent attempt to ridicule India’s stance on the ongoing border standoff while advertising China’s position to a foreign audience.
The video is the latest installment of a recently launched web show called The Spark, which aims to discuss news items with an irreverent tone. Running for just over three minutes, the video published Monday criticizes India's actions in seven points: "trespassing, violating a bilateral convention, trampling international law, confusing right and wrong, putting the blame on the victim, hijacking a small neighbor and sticking to a mistake knowingly."

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

China and India are dangerously close to military conflict in the Himalaya

As nuclear posturing between North Korea and the United States rivets the world, a quieter conflict between India and China is playing out on a remote Himalayan ridge — with stakes just as high.
For the past two months, Indian and Chinese troops have faced off on a plateau in the Himalayas in tense proximity, in a dispute prompted by moves by the Chinese military to build a road into territory claimed by India’s close ally, Bhutan.
India has suggested that both sides withdraw, and its foreign minister said in Parliament that the dispute can be resolved only by dialogue.
Yet China has vociferously defended the right it claims to build a road in the Doklam area, territory it also claims.

BarkEater93

BarkEater93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCanada

Talk of a full-scale military conflict between India and China over the Himalayas is only possible for those who have never tried to supply an army. Geography constrains what both sides are able to do.

Contrary to popular belief, neither China nor India can perform miracles. They‘re just like any other country; they can’t move mountain ranges. 

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Talk of a full-scale military conflict between India and China over the Himalayas is only possible for those who have never tried to supply an army. Geography constrains what both sides are able to do.

Contrary to popular belief, neither China nor India can perform miracles. They‘re just like any other country; they can’t move mountain ranges. 

Well they couldn't the idea that something as minor as a Mountain Range could prevent an army from advancing is rather odd to me as an American though. Probably wouldn't get many tanks through without air lifting them in but lighter vehicles could easily traverse the few mountain roads between the 2 countries, just get enough through the mountain road between Gangtok and Bibitang near the Bhutan border and you have the advantage.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Doklam standoff: A Chinese Fortune 500 company fired all Indian employees in Iran?

Huawei, a Fortune 500 company that makes a range of electronic goods, reportedly fired several Indian employees from its offices in Tehran in Iran, before reinstating them when the Indian Embassy there intervened. 
The development from earlier this week takes place amid the ongoing standoff between India and China over the Doklam region, and the dispute is believed to have played a role in the sacking of several employees.
There has been no official word from Huawei on even the firing and backtracking, let alone the reason behind the initial move.

BarkEater93

BarkEater93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCanada

India and China Agree to End Border Standoff

NEW DELHI/BEIJING (Reuters) - India and China have agreed to an “expeditious disengagement” of troops in a disputed border area where their soldiers have been locked in a stand-off for more than two months, India’s foreign ministry said on Monday.

The decision comes ahead of a summit of the BRICS nations - a grouping that also includes Brazil, Russia and South Africa - in China next month, which Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend.

https://www.reuters....a-idUSKCN1B80II

• Yuli Ban likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: China, India, border, Asia, crisis, flashpoint, Doklam, Central Asia, construction, war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users