Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What if we merge human and machine?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationLondon

• Yuli Ban, FrogCAT, Infinite and 2 others like this

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
When we create Artificial SuperIntelligence, We will have to merge our consciousness with it, in order to be just as intelligent as the machine if not more intelligent than the machine itself.
  • sasuke2490 and Nerd like this

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Just imagine how faster our civilization will advance when we're billion times more intelligent than what we currently are.
  • sasuke2490 and Nerd like this

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Tbh... If and when we do create ASI, if we don't merge with it we will attack it out of fear, if we do merge with it and become more powerful than it is, it will attack us out of fear, I fear the war will be inevitable.

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Tbh... If and when we do create ASI, if we don't merge with it we will attack it out of fear, if we do merge with it and become more powerful than it is, it will attack us out of fear, I fear the war will be inevitable.

I disagree. When we merge our minds with the machine, we're basically becoming part machine part human a.k.a cyborg. Also when our counciousness is one with the ASI machine, we'll be able to exchange our thoughts and personal feelings with it, so we'll both essentially know each other on a personal level which would prevent a war between man and machine. If the human and machine both know each other are benevolent they'll cooperate with each other.

Wolfbane

Wolfbane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationHarja
Machines do not fear...

To merge with the Machine is to lose one's fear.

Is that what you want?

What is it to fear? If death is an end, then so be it. For there is no pain in that, except the pain that is left to the living. And if death is not an end, then what more than a wonderful journey...

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Machines do not fear...
Is that what you want?

Actually, from my understanding of BCI's (Brain-Computer Interfaces) It's simply a way for the brain/mind/councious to communicate with an external device or machine in order to augment, repair cognitive function or sensory function. This is what a human-machine merger is. Basically if I were to implant a BCI within my brain and connect it to a ASI machine, my brain will instantly receive data and info from it making me much, much, much, much, much, much, MUCH, more intelligent than I am now. I won't necessarily become emotionless because I'm still part human I will still be able to express emotions such as happiness, sadness, fear, anger, jealousy, etc. At most my brain communicating with the machine will probably help me conceal my emotions better, if even that. On the machines side it'll learn more about me such as my personality, likes, dislikes, and even human emotions from me

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Machines do not fear...

Is that what you want?

You're making a false distinction between machine and humans.

Humans are extremely complicated molecular machines, anyway.

Humans merging with machines of our own design is a novel undertaking, but fundamentally, it doesn't change the fact we're already machines by nature. We're simply evolving, as we always have.

• Alpha Centari likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Wolfbane

Wolfbane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationHarja

By that same logic, are machines not Animals?

Or, perhaps they are Insects.

A new Nature is emerging, a Nature that is not Nature. Speak as you will of human molecular machines, the fact remains you are fusing yourselves to something you are not, Man.

Will a day come when you are able to, with wisdom, augment yourselves? Yes, but you are foolish indeed who think that day has already come...

planet-pollution-overdevelopment-overpop

Alex-Grey-Tree-of-Life.jpg

atomic_bomb_explosion.jpg

What is it to fear? If death is an end, then so be it. For there is no pain in that, except the pain that is left to the living. And if death is not an end, then what more than a wonderful journey...

As We Rise

As We Rise

I actually left this time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

Wolfbane

Wolfbane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationHarja

Why you have deleted your post asking about the giant diseased Dick in the painting, As We Rise?

It is an excellent question... Ask it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users