Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

My civilization

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
My civilization spans from the dawn of man to the era where man becomes so technologically advanced that he is like a god. I haven't worked out the mechanics of how you progress, but each 5 points you achieve, you unlock a new technology, invention or feat of human engineering. The first to reach 100 points wins.

You start out as I said at the dawn of man (Neanderthals), and you automatically unlock the first 5 points.

The first achievement is the discovery of fire, but more simply just fire

+5: Fire

I need 20 more achievements. You can progress as fast as you want, but +100 is the ultimate achievement of man, a technology/invention/discovery in the far distant future. The lower points are +10, +15, +20 and so on until you reach +100. The first lower points will be significant things we have achieved or created throughout history. As we approach the halfway mark, the achievements become more futuristic and sci-fi-esque.

Be as creative as you can. I already have some

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

You start out as I said at the dawn of man (Neanderthals), and you automatically unlock the first 5 points.

Neanderthals were not a precursor to modern humanity, and in fact coexisted with Homo sapiens for many thousands of years.

I need 20 more achievements. You can progress as fast as you want, but +100 is the ultimate achievement of man, a technology/invention/discovery in the far distant future. The lower points are +10, +15, +20 and so on until you reach +100. The first lower points will be significant things we have achieved or created throughout history. As we approach the halfway mark, the achievements become more futuristic and sci-fi-esque.

How much do we get in royalties for making your game for you?

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Smartass +100. You win!!!
  • Jakob and Erowind like this

ManOfTheFuture

ManOfTheFuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Look I know you're just trying to get ideas for some kind of upcoming game so you can make a quick buck, but Im not a douche and dont have nothing to do so here I go:

5 points: Fire

10 points: Agriculture

15 points: Wheel

20: Cities/Stratification

25: Metallurgy

30: Steam Engine

35: Eletricity

40: Automobile

45: Computers

50: Internet

55: Self Driving Cars

60: Nanotechnology

65: Solar System Colonization

70: Singularity

75: Galactic Colonization

80: Space megastructures

85: Universal Escape

90: Magic-like powers (causing giant thunderstorms with nothing but willpower)

95: Energetic Ascension

100: Godhood

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Are you developing video game or web game

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPip