Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

2016 Rio Olympics

2016 Rio Olympics Corruption Brazil France Investigation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

Well, this thread has been closed in the News and Discussion forum.  Perhaps prematurely?

At any rate:

Brazil, France Allege Rio Olympics Vote-Buying Scheme

https://www.courthou...-buying-scheme/

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Brazilian and French authorities said Tuesday they uncovered an international corruption scheme aimed at buying votes in awarding the 2016 Olympics. This is the latest allegation to sully the legacy of the Rio Games, the first Olympics in South America.

The disclosures came as police in Rio de Janeiro raided the home of Brazilian Olympic Committee President Carlos Nuzman. They emerged with suitcases, documents and a computer.  Police said detention warrants had been issued for Nuzman and an associate, businessman Arthur Cesar de Menezes Soares Filho, who authorities believe to be in Miami.

Nuzman left his house accompanied by his lawyer and later appeared at a police station for questioning. Lawyer Sergio Mazzillo said his client would cooperate but “did not commit any irregularity.”

“Unfortunately, this has created a media spectacle,” Mazzillo said.

In total, 11 detention warrants were issued for people in both Brazil and France in what police dubbed “Operation Unfair Play.”

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

As We Rise

As We Rise

I actually left this time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,909 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Well, this thread has been closed in the News and Discussion forum.  Perhaps prematurely?

The Rio Olympics themselves ended over a year ago. I've been considering reopening and moving the completed ones to the History subforum.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,909 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Mosquito-Borne Diseases Found In U.S. Athletes And Staff At Rio Olympics

In the spring of 2016, there was a frenzy over the threat of Zika virus at Brazil's Olympic Games. As infections reached their peak, a group of scientists called for the games to be moved somewhere else. A number of athletes, worried about sexually transmitting the virus to pregnant partners, chose to stay home.
But a group of researchers with University of Utah and the United States Olympic Committee announced Saturday that they weren't able to find any evidence that U.S. Olympians, Paralympians or staff got Zika virus at all.

The group took blood samples from 457 athletes and staff before and after they traveled to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. They tested the blood for antibodies for Zika virus, along with other viruses carried by mosquitoes in the area: chikungunya, West Nile virus and dengue. Antibodies show that a person's immune system has fought off a virus.

Out of those 457 people tested, 32 people came back with antibodies to mosquito-borne viruses they hadn't had in their blood before: Three for chikungunya, two for dengue and 27 for West Nile virus.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Rio Olympics, Corruption, Brazil, France, Investigation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users