Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Can climate change be reversed?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Because it was the temperature at which civilization arose and was at its most stable.

That's not at all a hard concept to understand; don't be dense for its own sake.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Because it was the temperature at which civilization arose and was at its most stable.

That's not at all a hard concept to understand; don't be dense for its own sake.

Yet, your article is showing them discussing at 1720-1800 that is certainly not when civilization "arose". I'm taking a look at Wikipedia to see your claim about when civilization "arose" and temperatures were even higher than then the pre-industrial period. So again I ask, why would we want to revert to this temperature?

Holocene_Temperature_Variations.png

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Yet, your article is showing them discussing at 1720-1800 that is certainly not when civilization "arose". I'm taking a look at Wikipedia to see your claim about when civilization "arose" and temperatures were even higher than then the pre-industrial period. So again I ask, why would we want to revert to this temperature?

Climate Change disproved

• TranscendingGod likes this

BarkEater93

BarkEater93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCanada

Yes there is; we call it the 'Pre-Industrial Mean'. 

Particularly the period before the Little Ice Age; it was at that point that the climate was perfect for human civilizations to thrive. Just because the climate is always changing doesn't mean we should allow it to become hostile to human civilization. There was a perfect temperature point for us for a long stretch of time, and it would benefit us all if we could return to it. Utilize post-industrial technologies; begin scratching towards Type I status and bend the planet to our will.

A very dangerous assumption to make.

Climate change is happening, has happened, and will continue to happen in the future. That's the story of the climate. The debate on whether climate change is happening or not is the wrong debate to be having.

Human civilization is a very young creation in the climatic story. It was nurtured with a specific model of the climate in mind. Civilization hasn't yet lived through a glacial period or a warm period like the Eocene Maximum. 

Yet the climate is changing, as it always has, and we're reacting to it like all this has never happened before. As if it's unprecedented. We're reacting to it with a civilization built on the assumption that the climate remains stable. 

And then when we accept the idea that the climate is changing, we make the assumption that we must prevent it from happening, fight against it. The biosphere adapts to climate change. The human species has the ability to adapt. However, can civilization adapt?

That's what this should be about. Can and will civilization adapt to the inevitable? Will civilization evolve, just as how animal species evolve with a changing climate?

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

"Can human caused climate change be reversed"

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

The article was meant to define the pre-industrial mean; hence the term "pre-industrial".

And this graph is only proving my point. Look at the point where it goes to 2004 and see the massive spike upwards, above 0.5­° C. 

We want to be at the 0°C mean. That's what I'm referring to.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users