Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Mexico Watch Thread

2017 Earthquake Mexico

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
http://rt.com/news/2...illed-students/

http://www.huffingto...tml?cps=gravity

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-29963387

"Enough, I'm tired."
http://abcnews.go.co...issing-26773570

The Mexican people have become fed up with corruption and have stormed the National Palace in Mexico City.

We may be witnessing the birth of a revolution and subsequent bloody civil war.
I've been watching Mexico for some time now while the rest of the world was losing its mind. These killings feel to me like a spark.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Bloody Civil War you say? What would we call the events since the failed 2006 War on Drugs which has killed more than 100,000 people and remains the world's second worst ongoing conflict?

Anyways the corruption in Mexico is astounding and the country is beyond any hope as far as I am concerned. 

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
Hmm, keep an eye on that then?
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Ohoho. You think that farce was bloodflooded? A civil war in Mexico would destabilize the whole continent. If the supply of drugs is cut off or changes hands... oh boy. Surely the Zapatistas would feel a wave of fresh water rushing into their movement.
I'd say 100,000 dead would be the lowest, most optimistic prediction. The US wouldn't let a hostile nation spring forth at their southern border.

So let's say some nation decides to play the role of troll and establish a military alliance with whomever takes this godforsaken nation? Someone who takes pride in meddling with the US...

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Bloody Civil War you say? What would we call the events since the failed 2006 War on Drugs which has killed more than 100,000 people and remains the world's second worst ongoing conflict?

Also the world's largest source of gruesome liveleak execution videos. Islamic terrorists could and can not match the gruesomeness of cartel executions and torture. Some truly fucked up people those cartel guys are.

• Maximus likes this

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
'Mexican police have captured a fugitive former mayor and his wife who the government says were the probable masterminds behind the abduction of 43 student teachers feared massacred in September, officials said on Tuesday.' Reuters

?!!?

Garbage media here, never heard anything about Mexico the whole time
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
The whole case was pretty big on Reddit. They even found another, wholly separate mass grave entirely by accident.

As a comment said, "Nothing exists outside America unless we're bombing it."

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Ohoho. You think that farce was bloodflooded? A civil war in Mexico would destabilize the whole continent. If the supply of drugs is cut off or changes hands... oh boy. Surely the Zapatistas would feel a wave of fresh water rushing into their movement.
I'd say 100,000 dead would be the lowest, most optimistic prediction. The US wouldn't let a hostile nation spring forth at their southern border.

So let's say some nation decides to play the role of troll and establish a military alliance with whomever takes this godforsaken nation? Someone who takes pride in meddling with the US...

You must misunderstand me. Mexico already is in a civil war, and more than 100,000 people have died since it started in 2006...

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

is this really just a mexico thing though? It's my understanding that much of the bruhaha over the influx of children over the southern border of the USA was children from various nations fleeing the destablized countries struggling with corrupt governments, drug cartels and roving gangs of revolutionaries.

Makes me wonder if these areas are likely for some border rearangments soon. It really looks like a whole lot of something big changing soon.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Ohoho. You think that farce was bloodflooded? A civil war in Mexico would destabilize the whole continent. If the supply of drugs is cut off or changes hands... oh boy. Surely the Zapatistas would feel a wave of fresh water rushing into their movement.I'd say 100,000 dead would be the lowest, most optimistic prediction. The US wouldn't let a hostile nation spring forth at their southern border.So let's say some nation decides to play the role of troll and establish a military alliance with whomever takes this godforsaken nation? Someone who takes pride in meddling with the US...

You must misunderstand me. Mexico already is in a civil war, and more than 100,000 people have died since it started in 2006...

That's what I mean. The coming civil war will put the previous one to shame. Or it'll be an ultraviolent escalation.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Ohoho. You think that farce was bloodflooded? A civil war in Mexico would destabilize the whole continent. If the supply of drugs is cut off or changes hands... oh boy. Surely the Zapatistas would feel a wave of fresh water rushing into their movement.I'd say 100,000 dead would be the lowest, most optimistic prediction. The US wouldn't let a hostile nation spring forth at their southern border.So let's say some nation decides to play the role of troll and establish a military alliance with whomever takes this godforsaken nation? Someone who takes pride in meddling with the US...

That's what I mean. The coming civil war will put the previous one to shame. Or it'll be an ultraviolent escalation.

Don't think so.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Protesters over missing students in Mexico burn state assembly: Demonstrators set fire to the local legislature building on Wednesday in the capital of the southwestern state of Guerrero in protests over the apparent massacre of 43 students by corrupt police and thugs from drug gangs.

1297629778154_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

CHILPANCINGO, Mexico - Demonstrators set fire to the local legislature building on Wednesday in the capital of the southwestern state of Guerrero in protests over the apparent massacre of 43 students by corrupt police and thugs from drug gangs.

Violent demonstrations rocked several other states, where protesters blocked an airport and damaged the local office of President Enrique Pena Nieto's ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Crisis in Mexico: The Protests for the Missing Forty-Three
Goldman-Mexico-Part-3-690.jpg

In a televised press conference on Friday, Mexico’s Attorney General, Jesús Murillo Karam, announced that the forty-three missing students from the Ayotzinapa Normal School had been executed and incinerated in the municipal dump of Cocula. He added one important qualification: the fragmented remains were too badly burned to permit any quick forensic confirmation of what the Attorney General was presenting, in macabre detail, as fact. Many people in Mexico City told me that they were in tears before the conference was over. The writer and musician Juan Carlos Reyna said that the news conference made him feel “like all of Mexico was being asphyxiated.” He was not alone. That evening in Mexico City, hundreds of people walked over to Avenida Reforma to sit on the steps of the monument known as El Ángel to clear their heads, take deep breaths of the fresher evening air, and share their thoughts. A slogan for Mexico’s civic movement was born that night. Murillo Karam had ended his press conference by saying, “Ya me cansé,”—“I’m finally tired” or, more colloquially, “I’ve had enough.” By the end of that night, #YaMeCansé was spreading on social networks, summoning people to a march in Mexico City the next night: #YaMeCanséDelMiedo. I’ve had enough fear.

Murillo Karam announced, during his press conference, that this new information was the result of testimony gathered just that week from three recently captured young members of the cartel Guerreros Unidos, which traffics heroin to the United States. The three captured delinquents were known as “El Pato,” “El Jona,” and “El Chereje.” According to Murillo Karam, the Iguala municipal police who detained the Ayotzinapa students had turned them over to Guerreros Unidos in the early-morning hours of September 27th, shortly after the police and other gunmen had already killed three students, as well as three other bystanders, in a series of armed attacks in Iguala during the previous night. The initial attacks, and everything that happened after, were allegedly carried out on the orders of the then mayor of Iguala, José Luis Abarca, who became a fugitive for about a month, until he was finally captured last week, along with his wife, in an abandoned-looking house in a working-class Mexico City barrio.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

"Crises in Mexico: Protests of the missing 43 became protests of the missing 1000s; Government blames cartels, cartels blame government."

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

"Crises in Mexico: Protests of the missing 43 became protests of the missing 1000s; Government blames cartels, cartels blame government."

You know the sad part is I don't know who to believe.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
I blame 'em both.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

"Ya me cansé," "Enough, I’m tired." The remark has been taken up by protesters who see the attack in Iguala as part of the systematic failure by the state. Filmmaker Natalia Beristáin was among hundreds who posted videos with the hashtag #YaMeCanse.

NATALIA BERISTÁIN: [translated] Señor Murillo Karam, I am Natalia Beristáin, and I, too, am tired. I’m tired of disappeared Mexicans, of the femicides, of the dead, of the decapitated, of the bodies hanging from bridges, of the broken families, of the mothers without children, of the children without parents. I’m tired of the political class that has kidnapped my country and of the class that corrupts, that lies, that kills. I, too, am tired.

http://www.democracy...nts_the_victims

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Hold onto your asses, because the situation is beginning to head south. It's no longer just hundreds, but several tens of thousands of protestors, and the US Embassy has just put out a travel warning.

http://www.ijreview....an-resort-city/

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Samuel Huntington once remarked that Mexico had become quiet after the success of the ruling PRI party largely because the people were simply worn out by all the violence. The result was a somewhat more orderly society. It would seem that now the people are worn out by all of that order, and our now ready to make demands of their leaders. A big question is how will their leaders respond to those demands. Characters of the revolution.  

Ya me canse.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

With the continuing turmoil on our southern border, we need to take border security seriously. As long as Mexico remains unstable, it will pose a threat to the U.S. as well.

In any event, the events in Mexico need to be watched carefully because they may have an impact on American national security.

The author sounds like a wanker. My first thought was that the US shares responsibility for Mexican instability and that we should prepare to provide direct humanitarian aid and follow up with a long term recovery assistance. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2017 Earthquake, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users