Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Arcologies and Floating cities

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

I was thinking about that posts of the 22nd century section explaining about future arcologies and floating cities, but what will be the differences between them?Will floating cities be Arcologies as well?To me it seens that the basic differences between both is that Arcologies will apparently be built over land like a giant building or an extremely tall skyscraper and floating cities will be built on sea or floating in the sky.Will there be floating arcologies in the sky through the use of magnetic propulsion or antigravity?Will space stations be arcologies too?

And what about their interior?Will it resemble a giant shopping mall or something similar from inside?And what about housing in these arcologies?Will they have apartments or another kind of residence will makeup their structure?

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I think the best way to think about this is that you can have both floating cities and floating Arcologies, as well as giant land based Megacities and land based Arcologies. 

The important thing is that all Arcologies can be cities but not all cities can be Arcologies. The term Arcology comes from the two words Architecture and Ecology, so for a city to be an Arcology it has to create a perfect balance between being a city and being part of the environment. 

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

I think the best way to think about this is that you can have both floating cities and floating Arcologies, as well as giant land based Megacities and land based Arcologies. 

The important thing is that all Arcologies can be cities but not all cities can be Arcologies. The term Arcology comes from the two words Architecture and Ecology, so for a city to be an Arcology it has to create a perfect balance between being a city and being part of the environment. 

I was looking at your website and I love your work. You should make a render of an arcology. 

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users