Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Faith Estates

science fantasy fiction infinite universes posthuman transhuman slice-of-life what is normal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

ENTRY-64 Faith Estates

About five hours in transit from my dormitory to my father’s house, a simple story played out in my head. I thought at those moments, that if I have enough battery life on my phone, the book of the generation will practically write itself. And here’s how it begins – with the homeless goddess standing on the edge of oblivion, about to take everything else with her.

Setting and Theme

Faith Estates, a condominium with infinite floors inside a Tipler cylinder, where everything that everyone has said, or anything that anyone is saying, and nothing that nobody will ever say, are all true, somehow. A Tipler Cylinder is a cylindrical construct with infinite length, rotating about an axis parallel to its entire length. Faith Estates is a condo that occupies the whole Tipler cylinder, having infinite floors, occupying all that is, was, and will ever be. Likewise, the condo itself can be the body of a sentient entity that could only be called god. Some rooms or floors can be time machines or portals to all the other floors. Some rooms are wormholes to some other universes while some floors could also have an infinite number of rooms. There are rooms with n-dimensions of space and/or time. Rooms can also be larger on the inside than when viewed from the outside. To scale, an entire floor could have all its neighboring rooms as different versions of each other, different by only one atom at a time. This entire condominium plays with the possibility of the infinite, where all cats are both dead, alive, becoming, and unbecoming.

I first thought of the theme being a slice-of-life some time in a trans-human future that is on its way to becoming a post-human near future, which then rapidly transitions to a weirdmgeddon-style present after the first death of the main character, then a little bit of both when the main character becomes a god himself. First there will be free quantum internet for everyone, morphogenetic freedom, a 3rd artificial planetary ring, 7 space elevators, light sails to the moon and mars, Elon island, Google God, neural laces, utility foglets and maybe some more. Then, there will be a room, which houses a large subdivision with its own weather, then more rooms with entire universes, cosmic farmlands, desserts, classic alien rain forests, infinitely zoomable Mandelbrot-like rooms, just name it if you want to include it. Maybe a door is just a hi-tech computer with a scanner that scans the compositions and configurations of a material body so that it can translate them into data compatible to the seamless simulation being run by that computer-door.

Main Storyline

PART 1: Fake Estates

Okay, so there’s a main character (MC), who was the head of a freshly-broken family. He wanted to explore space after he divorced his human wife to abandon his mundane life. His first trip was towards andromeda galaxy, from which the first part of the story was about (I need help wid this like, waddafak did this guy do on a neighboring galaxy, other than throw an intergalactic party with his newfound alien and equally-alien-but-originally-human friends) but the trip to home is a disaster. Ship crashed to a black hole and the mutilated debris of both crew and ship was sent flying towards a nearby black hole which is actually a direct entrance to a tipler cylinder where faith estates is established (I know it’s contradictory at that point, considering maybe his universe is actually just a room in faith estates, but still, this black hole is important. It was put there by a goddess “who’s got the hots” for him. Who knows, maybe inside that blackhole is actually just a computer with a perfect simulation of the real world, just a little different but anyways. Some survivors if the ship went to the other floors of the infinite floored condo inside a rotating cylindrical blackhole. However, the main character was "misplaced" in a floor reserved for the weirdest parallel universe-vrersion of the most powerful deities of his and his past eras. YHWH is his neighbor, and so is Anu, Allah, Zeus, Odin, Krishna, Pepe, Nyancat, Osiris, Satoshi Nakamoto, Ray Kurzweil, Stephen Hawking, Google God, and the likes (this is the second part of the story where I have a lot of ideas).

PART 2: Faith Estates

So, YHWH who owns a room that looks smaller outside but larger inside and the room contains a farm with gold and white walls and ceilings and doors and he takes care of talking sheep while he smokes mustard seeds and gets high

But the sheep can actually speak 20th century human languages and are omnivorous, so some of them can actually be wolves HAHA. Plus, YHWH has some smaller farms where there are cows and chickens and other stuff and there’s a beach to an endless ocean. Also, YHWH, talks to his sheep while he's high on mustard seeds, but then the MC is going to meet with YHWH somehow because he will try to get inside the wrong room but after he comes inside, he becomes a talking omnivorous wolf-sheep. Main character and YHWH becomes friends and stuff and so he also becomes friends with other gods but along the way, the homeless goddess (HG) often but shortly appears in the field of view of the MC. Now, this HG, who actually has her own room but her husband locked her out so she just builds super-sophisticated tents on random rooms and disappears the next day. Eventually MC gets to confront the homeless goddess and they will confess to each other

And more often than not, MC hangs out with many other gods and survivors and sometimes, famous people will be within the same room as dream counterparts of their own selves from other rooms from other floors.

About the part where the main guy becomes the wealthiest god and buys the whole estates, and marries the homeless goddess and plants a blackhole on a familiar room, I can’t think of how this one happens or makes a little sense from a human perspective. Oh and the author is also the MC's neighbor but they dont talk much. So HG and MC met more often in seemingly random circumstances. But one day, author got pissed off by MC and HG probably because they only do sexy, or the author kind of got into some sad real-life stuff so author decided to make HG commit suicide while him and the MC cry. Luckily, author gives MC a chance to save the HG. But HG still kills herself and the author just ran away and MC is like, Wtfisdisshit while crying

PART 3: Fate Estates

Then the third part of the story begins when the MC seek out gods’ advices and gaining their powers and knowing many other characters to get back with his lovelife

Eventually, MC came back to his old universe and went to earth and found the homeless goddess again, but in her innocent days.

But she lost her again because the version that he found was still human, and yes, innocent, and might as well do not really know the MC. So MC went room to room, floor to floor, universe to universe, time to time, just to search ways how to find again the love of his life.

Eventually, He hasn’t realized it yet but yes he’s already the second wealthiest being in the whole estates, second only to a mysterious being that borrows his name.

And when the stock prices and lottery numbers and all the planets in the solar system aligned or some other miraculous setting occurred, the MC bought faith estates from its owner. MC effectively owned a condo with infinite floors with the flat earth society on the rooftop.

And then, he got top access. Now he can find where HG is, but he realized HG is nowhere (“HOW?” Ikr. That makes many of us) so he got sad and lost meaning in life but then he saw an earlier version of himself getting divorced with his human wife and going to andromeda galaxy then he found hope and somehow regained innocence, and he just watched that version of him but he noticed that there’s no blackhole to the trip home so he put one and fixed a familiar cycle or something.

I still don’t know how the role of the homeless goddess fits to the main character’s story in a mind-blowing kind of way. By mind-blowing I mean, really, like, somehow there’s actually no homeless goddess, so the god-version of main the character created the homeless goddess, or the homeless goddess is the wife he divorced long ago, or. I don’t know. Maybe this is just some kind of story that the teachers of our great-great-great grandchildren will tell and say, “Hey kids, I want you to make your own ending of this story.” What do you think?

• Jakob likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I think it has potential. The setting has a very Quantum Thief like vibe, you would probably like that trilogy. It's definitely my favorite series.

But isn't a Tipler cylinder a time travel device? And I believe that while it may be infinitely long, it's also infinitely thin, since it uses a finite, albeit huge mass. So no one could live inside it. And personally, I am a fan of Kerr black holes for time travel, as infinitely long things kind of rub my sensibilities the wrong way.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

On the other hand, what might work is a baby universe setup. Because of negative energy, you could make a full universe with as little as an ounce of matter from our own universe (see Michio Kaku's parallel worlds). Then you could jump in there and make more universes. Universes within universes within universes, every one of them with different laws.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I think it has potential. The setting has a very Quantum Thief like vibe, you would probably like that trilogy. It's definitely my favorite series.

But isn't a Tipler cylinder a time travel device? And I believe that while it may be infinitely long, it's also infinitely thin, since it uses a finite, albeit huge mass. So no one could live inside it. And personally, I am a fan of Kerr black holes for time travel, as infinitely long things kind of rub my sensibilities the wrong way.

On the other hand, what might work is a baby universe setup. Because of negative energy, you could make a full universe with as little as an ounce of matter from our own universe (see Michio Kaku's parallel worlds). Then you could jump in there and make more universes. Universes within universes within universes, every one of them with different laws.

Woohoo. Jean le Flambeur ftw!!! HAHA xD Kind of gotten some inspiration on that already, but I think I have to read it again for even greater inspirations.

Well, if the Tipler cylinder is as infinitely thin and dense as the diameter of the singularity of a blackhole, then it could theoretically drag spacetime in a similar way that retrocausality and closed time-like curves will be possible so yeah, time travel and many more.

But moving on, I think that someone could theoretically put itself inside a Tipler cylinder. A hyperintelligence of any origin be it human, hivemind, AI, alien, or totally abstract, or mixes of them all, could squeeze itself in the infinitely thin diameter of a Tipler cylinder. That same hyperintelligence could then quantum-entangle all of its computronium, and link to itself as many Planck-scale wormholes from all possible timelines and places that its retrocausal nature can reach and voila. We got an amazing hyperintelligent condo manager that can think instantaneously while existing in all possibilities, and its condominium is literally its own imagination because it is thinking at full capacity to maintain all the wormhole links and its own entanglements as well as many other deeper versions of its own simulations within simulations. Also, those simulations, will be so accurate no one from the inside could ever know the difference without knowledge from the outside. Just like the computer-door that translates real objects into compatible virtual counterparts so that someone who opens the door gets transported to the room that only exists not on the other side of the door, but literally inside it, the entire faith estates is the condominium where every possible timeline is connected. I know this condo manager sounds like its cheating all physical constraints of existence that we know of, but those wormhole links also serve as its mouths, so somehow it feeds on small portions of zero-point energy from all possible universes just to maintain its condominium. At this point, it's too difficult for me to distinguish which is the condo and which is the manager, so let's just say the condo manager is the condominium. In a way, the condo manager is God - omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibenevelont - with respect to the condominium that encompasses every possibility. 

Plus, I think baby universes are still a little too expensive to be the place where Faith Estates is established because why use negative energy, when we could just fall into a blackhole and enter an elaborate simulation being run inside the singularity. Just think how deep this analogy goes when we've got universe simulations inside black holes inside universe simulations inside black holes... and we think we know infinity. The closest analogy to what this freaking condominium will look like would be a Mandelbrot set universe full of doors and rooms and floors and sentient beings.

Thanks for the feedback bruh. I think I've got all the science in my story figured out, except that the story is what I haven't figured out yet.

• Jakob likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: science fantasy fiction, infinite universes, posthuman, transhuman, slice-of-life, what is normal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users