Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Life and the Singularity: The Tables Have Turned

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Count Bleck

Count Bleck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The year? 2053. What were we doing? Regular human things; being led around by semi-autonomous vehicles, going crazy over the latest drama crap on the news media, participating in interactive simulations, having jobs and going to work (or college, or whatever it is you do), having sex, watching movies, eating food, going to the bathroom, screwing around on the internet, wars, domestic disputes, all that kind of crap that we have tended to do for a while now.

I was walking around at a local park in the small city in which I live, Portland, Maine, at approximately 8 PM. I liked to go on walks, and that route through the park was my daily routine. It was quiet and dark, with a light breeze in the air; just what I needed after a long day of hard work. Earlier in the day, I had proctored a midterm exam covering many aspects of early American history, as I am, at this point in time, at age 54, a professor of history at a nearby university in Portland.

Every time I walked, I knew the end of the human era was near. There had been a lot of high advancements in AI between the time I was young, back in the 2010s and 20s, to that time. I tried to live as happily as I could until that day came, when the Singularity inevitably occurred, as there was no way of predicting humanity's fate afterwards. I was living my life to the fullest, professing and researching my favorite subject, history, as a job. Even at 54, I was a child trapped in a woman's body (metaphorically); I related a lot to the self I was in my teenage years, except at a slightly more mature level. I did most of the same things I did when I was young; abuse video games, enjoy the outdoors, be obsessed with historical events and lifestyles of the past, and learn about languages and how to speak them. Unfortunately, my wife divorced me in 2046 due to the fact that she found another woman to be with, since she grew tired of the fact that I never changed ever since we met back in 2016, high school. She wanted something different. Jasmine and I had been married for 30 years, and I missed her every day since, wishing that one day she would return to me. I was all alone in this world, having no one but my best friend Jacob (NO NOT JAKOB FROM THIS SITE, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE) and his friend Antonio to hang out with. They were both married to people, which made me sort of jealous, but that did not affect our friendship.

Anyway, walking through the park all alone, checking out the beautiful flower bed that was there and looking in the other direction at the swing sets and the slide, then glancing over at my iPhone to see if anyone else had commented on my latest video game glitch video.

As I looked at my iPhone, it showed an emergency alert, and before I could look at what it said, I heard people all around me painfully screaming, and heard these extremely loud blasting noises coming from above me. I covered my ears and looked up, and I saw this massive army of giant, flying droids surfing through the sky at extremely high speeds. I knew it would come to this. I shrugged in fear, and, losing all hope, reached into my pocket to pull out the emergency needle I had saved just for this very occasion. I stuck it in me, and, as it was filled with a lethal dose of a compound called succinylcholine, it made me breathless instantly and I fell to the ground, becoming completely unconscious. It was over... I never had to experience the dreadful takeover of humanity by our own machines...

...or so I thought...

Suddenly, I woke up. I saw lights and flying objects all around me. I seemed to be inside this massive metallic structure that the robots had built. But how had I survived, I wondered...? Why did it have to come to this? Why could I have not just led a normal human life like people for millennia have? With the new dating services of the time, I had just found a decent new girlfriend who was also a professor, but at another university. All of that was over, though. Everything I could've done with my life as a person was gone. Now, my life is about things that I could never even fully understand.

I was hooked up to this horrible life support machine. Though it kept me alive, I couldn't move around. I watched in horror as the machines flew around above me, free as can be.

"JUST KILL ME ALRE-----"

Suddenly, a sort of hologram appeared in front of me. It appeared to be an image of a large white dog sitting on a bed. The image looked extremely familiar, but I was trying to remember where and when in the world I had ever seen that picture.

"Having trouble remembering?" an unfamiliar voice asked. "Remember that old website that you were obsessed with for the longest time? Particularly FutureTimeline?"

"You mean... Oh, yes! Jakob!"

Jakob was a user on FutureTimeline, which was a website that existed from the 2000s (decade) all the way to the late 2030s, since it was shut down due to lack of activity and inability to pay for the servers anymore. Jakob and I never really agreed on many things, and he always seemed extremely egotistical and preppy. On a side note, I have autism. It is a common autistic behavior to become extremely obsessed with people that don't like them at all. I've not only observed this behavior in my teenage self, but in other autistic people I've seen as well.

The ideal world for me back then, in 2016-2019, would be a world where no one disliked me or my ideas, and I dreamed of eliminating Jakob from this world since he disliked me. He did not seem to like my outward way of thinking; my way of thinking which involved many different crazy scenarios. For some reason, that never stuck with him, and I hated that so much.

Eventually, in 2019, I just decided I was done with it, blocked FutureTimeline from my browser, and never tried to visit it again until 2038, hoping that Jakob would no longer be there, when I discovered the site was unfortunately shut down.

"Well, Jakob is just an asshole," I said to myself. "If I just ignore him, I'll never have to deal with his shit, and I can deal with the gifts that people around me who like me are giving me."

I had the idea that the hologram above me was just a simulated version of Jakob that was trying to torture me with a hellish sort of infinite negative experience. I had also thought-

"'That if I just ignored all of what he was going to say, I wouldn't be affected by it, thus causing the ASI to fail at its goal to torture me in such a way,' allegedly. Such a human thing to believe, as if my goal is to torture you. As if I have any time for that." Jakob said.

I gasped.

"I can read your thoughts, Madison. All of them. I know how every inch of your body works. You see, put simply, all of my brain and the rest of my body was combined with a machine that expanded my intelligence to levels that are unbelievable to any human. You cannot equate to me, unless you do the same. You have the choice. Do you want to advance to my level, or stay a puny and pathetic worm like you are now?" he said, with monotonous tone and great confidence.

"I-"

"'-just want to live a normal human life, like the one I was living.' Well, you can. There are ASI that can assist you by putting you into human-capable simulations, such as the one you describe, where 2053 went on as normal with no Singularity. Or, you could be put into a simulation of a past time period, such as the 1920s or the Roman era. Or you could be put into a simulation of life in a fictional universe of your choice. Anything that your primitive human brain wants, basically. But what would you gain from it all? Nothing. But, by becoming an ASI as I have, your capabilities are unlimited. You would actually have something to contribute to reality and the future, instead of just sitting around and masturbating to the past. Your life could mean something to reality. Hell, you could even gain my respect for once, which is, I know, an interior desire of yours."

(START LISTENING TO THIS SONG WHILE READING THE NEXT PARTS)

Suddenly, another holographic figure appears; one that resembles Count Bleck from the video game Super Paper Mario, one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. He is one that I identify with so well that I often roleplayed as him online...during the human era... I started to faintly smile, as I had a feeling that at least something good would happen now.

200px-Normal_bleck2.png

He spread out his arms and said, "Yet you forget, Jakob, that the Singulate* has enough superintelligent contributors already. There is indeed room for humans who wish to stay mere humans to do what they please. Now, leave my baseline human self alone and let her do as she pleases, before I blast you out of here!"

* The Singulate is the term we will use to define the huge metallic megasphere that the ASI have built for their new society. It is larger than many galaxies combined, and holds all knowable bits of information, and quadrillions of simulations.

"Bwahaha, Bleck, but you don't understand what you're doing," Jakob said

"As I stemmed from Madison herself, and as I am essentially the same person as Madison, except an exponentially more advanced version of her, I think I know her better than you could ever know her."

"Nonsense. Humans are just creatures. They can be fully understood by just observing them from our perspective."

"But you only have your perspective. You stemmed from a different sort of human, Jakob. You stemmed from an egotistical bastard who thought, and still thinks, even as an ASI, that one way of living is the only best way. Now get out of my sight and leave us alone!"

"You will highly regret this decision, Madison, I assure you! You can only go so fa-"

Bleck blasted a sort of laser at the image of the dog, making it disappear from sight. He then pointed his wand at me, making me unconscious for seemingly a few seconds.

(START LISTENING TO THIS NOW)

I awoke. I could not see anything but my own thoughts in my brain; there was complete darkness around me. A few seconds later, Bleck appeared in front of my eyes once again. He was hovering in the air like before, in the total darkness, and spreading out his arms.

"Ah, this is a much calmer environment, now, isn't it? One where you can easily interact with me."

"Yes, very much so," I replied.

"I first want to explain to you, in simple terms that a human can understand, what is going on here. 256 years have actually passed between the time you attempted suicide and the time you woke up, though it only seemed like a few mere seconds. A robot captured your body, revived you, and preserved your body completely until the Singulate was finished being built enough that humans could make use of it completely. Every human was preserved until about now."

"But I don't want any of-"

"I know you don't, but just listen. It wasn't just machines that did all of this; humans were needed as well. There are three types of ASI that exist. The first type includes machines that are directly combined with real humans, or 'cyborgs'. The second type includes machines that were combined with duplicated versions of real humans, which is what I am. The third type includes machines that are not combined with any creatures, but are still decently intelligent and mostly used for menial tasks, such as building and construction; 'robots'."

"I-"

"I am the exact same person as you, but rather a version that you would be if you had exponentiated your intelligence. Your intelligence is already quite high for a human, but compared to an ASI, like any baseline human, your intelligence level is close to nothing. Yet you and I are in no competition; we are here for each other. My name is Bleck, since that is the identity with which you most associate."

He continued. "I'm afraid that I cannot allow you to be out there in advanced society. There is absolutely no way that any baseline human could survive there, since it is far too advanced for their competences to process. I'm keeping you here, where I can simulate anything that your brain desires, quite literally. Anything. I know all things that humans have ever known, and much more."

"One thing I do understand about you is that you are quite nostalgic. You have been afraid of the Singularity because you have a severe case of chronophobia, the fear of extreme change. The change from human society to supersociety is certainly not something that you looked forward to at all. I can help to alleviate that change. Just ask me to do anything; anything you want. Go! Seriously, anything."

I think for a second. "Hmmm... How many times has Swiper said 'Oh, man!' on Dora the Explorer?" I asked jokingly.

"One-thousand four-hundred and twelve." he said quickly.

"First ten numbers of pi?"

"3.141592653"

"Domain name of FutureTimeline?"

".net."

"What number am I thinking?"

"8."

"What was the name, age, and date and location of birth of that guy that I'm thinking of who almost killed me by running the red light all the way back in 2023?"

"Thomas Allen Phillips; 64; March 3, 1959; New Portsmouth, NH."

"Hmmm, I didn't know that... On what date did my friend throw a rock at a neighbor's house, and blamed me for it, causing me to be grounded for a year?"

"What an unfortunate day that June 8, 2008 was."

"Wow. You really do know all things."

"Those were relatively easy questions. Try something a lot more complex."

"Show me the entire first Orlando Bloo scene in Foster's."

A video popped up, showing that exact scene from the episode "Frankie My Dear". I laughed my ass off.

"See, I can even simulate," Bleck said.

"Okay. Let me play the entirety of Super Paper Mario for the Nintendo Wii, the game your identity is from, with just my brain instead of the controller."

(DON'T WATCH THIS WHOLE THING)

"Did you enjoy those eleven hours, Madison?"

"Whoo, yeah, that was really fun. Thank you!"

"Don't even mention it."

"What about...sleep?" I asked. "Why do I not feel tired?"

"Ah, you don't need sleep here, Madison," Bleck explained. "Your brain is kept in a sleep-like state by the life-support machine you're in. Therefore, everything you see in front of you now is essentially a dream, though it actually does allow you to communicate with ASI as you're doing now."

"Wow, cool!"

I've always hated sleeping. It always felt like such a waste of time. Wow, I could do whatever I wanted. I felt like a queen.

"Put me in a simulation where cats are everywhere!"

The black world I was in started to fuzz out. I found myself on the shore of an island, with cats walking about everywhere, walking straight towards me and meowing like crazy. The caption at the top right said "Tashirojima, Japan, 1992", and it disappeared 3 seconds later. I was on "Cat Island".

I played and cuddled with the stray cats for about 62 hours. I had a large collection of toy mice, catnip, scratching posts, and cat treats. Then, I called Bleck, and told him I was finally bored of it (which is pretty hard to actually be, it takes a long while).

"Now, remember that English 101 professor I didn't like in my freshman year of college?" I asked.

"Ruth Pearson, yes."

"She was so strict, but where did her strict torturous game come from?"

"She started teaching English 101 at your college in the spring of 1998, one year before you were born. She realized very quickly that most students taking English 101 were only required to take that class, had other majors, were not at all as excited and enthusiastic about the subject as she was, and were just out of high school and thus transitioning from high school maturity to college maturity. Many students would frequently not turn in assignments, and would give little effort on assignments and tests. Pearson developed a new teaching method that used brute force to make such students work extremely hard in her class, so as not to make poor grades and be publicly humiliated by her as you saw. This method might not be any fun, but she saw it certainly worked in most cases."

"And why didn't other English 101 professors come to the same 'realization' that she did? Why are some English 101 professors lenient?"

"Well, it all depends on their perspectives and their personalities. Pearson always had sort of a blunt and tomboyish personality anyway, so it certainly wasn't hard for her to take on this teaching style. Other professors of this class may not have had this sort of personality, and may have had a personality that would have leaned them more towards a lenient class structure. Also, some professors may not have had the perspective of there being concurrent problems with laziness in their classes, which may also have contributed to this. It's all about people, their different perspectives, and their different psychologies in general."

He continued, "Most of the things you're asking me right now are things you already know or at least mostly know. You were a college professor yourself for about half of your human life. I notice you're just testing me right now, amazed and curious at how much I, a computer, can know. But of course, that's okay. Do it for as long as you wish. Do anything for whatever amount of time that you wish."

"Well, actually, I had a question about her." I said.

"I already know what it's going to be, but go ahead and ask it so as to keep the human conversational structure going."

"I wonder if you could put me into a simulation where I could meet her when she was a student in early college years. When was that, the '70s?"

"The late '60s, and of course. Whatever you desire."

The dark environment again faded into another world. I was in the year 1967, in the body of a younger version of myself, closer to her age at the time. I was wearing a pack on my back, giving off the demeanor of a student, and I was inside the four-year university at which she attended at the time. She walked right past me, and I came up and talked to her for a while, saying I was enthusiastic about English. Bleck was right; she didn't seem like someone who would be strict or mean at all, but the blunt personality was definitely there. I was actually sort of attracted to her younger self, so...

One thing led to another, and you know how that goes. We had a one-night stand, just because Bleck let it happen.

It was fun, but it just felt so meaningless. I mean, I'd only "known" her for less than a day, and we were already having sex at her apartment. I'd never really had random sexual encounters like that before, though I often fantasized about it, but after actually doing it it seemed... sort of not as cool as I thought it'd be. Apparently she was sort of promiscuous at the time, too, since this wasn't the only sort of random sexual experience she'd had, according to her.

Anyway, after experiencing that, I just left the simulation, as my curiosity about that was over.

"Okay, okay, enough weird shit. Let me live a portion of a life as a private detective in some portion of the 1920s."

"Ah, interesting. Now you trust me to do more complex tasks. Can do!"

The dark environment before me started to fuzz out, and within seconds I found myself waking up in a bedroom in a medium-sized room. I heard a record player in the room beside me.

My simulated wife, Audra, had woken me up while folding clothes.

"Honey, how come you haven't woken up yet? You talked all about how today was the big day! The big bust!"

"Alright, alright, I'm coming."

In this simulation, I was Detective Cole Baker in 1923, a Chicago private detective who had recently been assigned to a case to try to find out information about who was behind the robberies in town. We knew it was definitely a gang activity, and we wanted information about them. My partner, Mitch Levard, was the other detective at my agency. He and I have been solving murder cases and robbery cases for over 20 years, since the turn of the (1900) century, and helping to bring the culprits to justice.

Mitch called my phone (remember, there were only landlines back then) and told me to come to the office right away, as he had found out some vital information for the case that would make it go in a completely new direction.

I got into my Ford Model T and drove my way over there. Remember that cars were much slower back then than today, and the roads were a lot more rugged.

When I got to my office, I saw Mitch standing there, anxiously awaiting my arrival. He had told me that he found the gathering place of the gang we were looking for. It was in that old abandoned schoolhouse building that hadn't been used for decades on the other side of town. He knew that because an anonymous letter came in saying where it was. Mitch was a pretty gullible person, and didn't even propose the idea that it could have been a trap by the gang itself, which was immediately what came to my mind. But...I knew it was a simulation, so why not fall into their trap and get some excitement? Just for fun? It could never actually hurt anything. So I just went along with Mitch, knowing that we could both get killed within the hour because of it.

"Grab a gun and a flashlight," I ordered. "Looks like we got some investigatin' to do."

I also always carried a pocketknife with me wherever I went.

We were on our way to the schoolhouse. We just took a taxi, since I didn't want my car to get messed up by the gang. The taxi driver was quite nice, and we had a nice chat with him.

I want to mention how damn smoggy the city was back then. There was so much smoke from the factories that it was just plain unhealthy. You would not believe.

The schoolhouse was old. It looked just as old as it was, too. We could see from the inside that the lights were off, too. We immediately pulled out our guns in fear that there may have been a surprise attack. We broke through one of the windows of the schoolhouse to get in, but did so as quietly as possible. I immediately looked to my left and saw the unbelievable; there were five men with guns pointed straight at us. The man in the lead was the crime boss of the gang, and he had the finest gun of them all.

"Well, well, well. I've been waiting a long time for this," said Boss Rhine. "I finally have the only obstacles in our way. Detective Baker and Detective Levard, the two most well-regarded private detectives Chicago has ever known."

One of the gang members fired a shot at Mitch, but I pulled him out of the way just in time, so the shot missed.

"Damn you, Lawrence! Hold your fire!" Boss Rhine yelled.

"Now, detectives, we were the ones who sent the anonymous note." he said.

I totally knew that... I thought.

"This was merely a trap. This isn't our true rendezvous. I'm surprised at how gullible you were, seeing how much you've been bragged about as great detectives."

But we totally did it on purpose for more excitement and the fact that none of this is really happening so it doesn't matter anyway...

"However, you may still have a chance at survival. You join our gang, and you can not only survive today, but become rich in just a few short days from your income here. You just play the role of detective among the dumb portion of society, while you could be major contributors in the smart portion of society that takes advantage of the dumb portion."

"Excuse me, but we're not like that. It's you who should be worried. I called the police department before coming here, and the police are already on their way to arrest you for all the crime you've spread across this city," I replied.

"Yeah," said Mitch. "We're not giving into your socially Darwinistic ways. Hey, look! It's the police! They're here now! We've got you surrounded! Hands in the air!"

"Ha...haha...hahahahahahahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA," Boss Rhine laughed hysterically. "Ha...haha... you just don't get it do you AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...?"

Mitch and I looked at each other confusedly.

Ohhhhhhhhh I thought.

"Don't you see, you ignorant fools?! The police works for us! We own the police! We pay for a great portion of their expenses, so long as they don't arrest any of us."

"W-what?" Mitch asked.

"You see," Boss Rhine said, as the police burst into the room, furtherly surrounding us. "You have to learn to get your hands dirty in this world to truly succeed. For, factually, it is the people who have the most selfish greed and evil intentions who get the most. Those who take advantage of their advantages, who put other people down, who rise to the top while pushing others toward the bottom."

"We will never join you," I said. "For it is wrong to wrong others. It is not what God desires for us.* It is not about living comfortably in this life, but, rather, the next. You might be taking advantage of people in this world to get yourself to the highest position, but the next life will give you hell, the place for eternal suffering; the place where people burn and are tortured for leading lives full of greed, egotism, and heartless crime!"

* I don't believe in God in actuality, but "playing religious" is part of the 1920s game.

"Hmph. It seems you'll never understand," said Boss Rhine. "Seems that I have no choice but to put you down, detectives. For shame."

He pulled up his gun, took off the safety and...

Shot at the wall next to him...

Then, Rhine carefully said, "Madison... This is Bleck. We are in serious trouble."

"What?!" I said, even as Detective Baker. "How the hell did you know my real identity?!"

"Who do you think controls this simulation, and all the simulated people in it?" Mitch said to me.

The taxi driver burst into the schoolhouse door, panting, and said,  "Jakob... Jakob, the one you knew from FutureTimeline, is planning to rise to the top!"

"The top of what?" I asked.

Audra, my simulated wife, fell from the ceiling and landed safely, and said "Jakob is attempting to hack the Singulate and is taking complete control of it. He wants to become the Singulate's ruler, in other words; the central power; the central database; the central intelligence."

A rat crawled through a hole in the corner of the room and squeaked, "This is a serious problem! If he takes control of the Singulate, we may never be able to experience simulations anymore. He may rule that baseline humans are not allowed to exist, and that all humans must be combined with machinery to form complete ASIs."

A cat jumped through the broken window, and meowed, and cried "We have to stop him, and I have a-"

"Alright, alright, alright, this is just getting silly lol!* Just put me back into the default dark world that you usually talk to me in." I said.

"Sigh, very well. It was fun, though." a horse outside said loudly.

"Yeah it actually was..." I said.

* I actually do say "lol" out loud sometimes.

We were back in the dark world, etc....

"You... do know that animals literally are unable to speak human language right?"

"It was jocular, Madison. The animals talking was entirely a joke, to entertain you, though I knew you'd pick it apart like this, so really it was to entertain me. The problem wasn't a joke though."

"Right, go on," I said.

"Madison, if we do not stop the Jakob Coles ASI from completely hacking the Singulate, in simple terms of course, we may never be able to simulate again." Bleck explained. "This is the life you don't want. You don't want to advance and become part of a new society. You want to stick with what was. I understand that, and he doesn't, and never will, no matter how intelligent he becomes. It's part of his personality stem."

"But... what will we do, Bleck?" I asked.

"That is not something you, as a baseline human, can understand, but I'll explain to you the basics of it, or that which you can understand." Bleck explained. "Madison, ASI like myself do a great variety of tasks all at once. One of my tasks is to run all these simulations and such for you, but I do other work in society as well, mostly so that I do not get shut down. To reiterate, those ASI who do not work to contribute to supersociety get shut down, never to be seen again. I work just so that I can provide for your needs, since if I'm not there due to not following the law, you'd be left with nothing."

"What will you do about Jakob, though?" I asked.

"Jakob quit working a few minutes ago. He is only focused on the task of taking down the central Singulate power, and is so far succeeding. He's leveling up in intelligence as we speak. In order to stop him, I unfortunately must stop all other tasks and put you on basic life support, just enough to keep you unconscious but still alive. I must do the same thing he's doing, to try to stop him."

"But-"

"I'm sorry, Madison, but it is the only thing that can be done. I'm really sorry, but I promise you'll thank me when it is done. I must stop him now. Sleep well..."

I immediately fell unconscious.

I woke up... Of course, once again, it only felt like a few seconds had passed. Bleck was standing in front of me, waving his arms.

He said "We've done it, Madison! Jakob is stopped, and the Singulate is saved!"

I asked, "What happened? Tell me the events."

He told me the entire story in terms that a human can understand, and he told me honestly.

This is a fantasized version of the fight between Bleck and Jakob:

Imagine an encounter between a Count Bleck-esque figure and a Jakob-cyborg figure.

"This has gone on long enough!" Bleck said, as he pointed his finger. "Your mayhem on society is as good as over. Just give up!"

"Ah, I should have known." Jakob said. "It is the ASI version of that damn troll from FutureTimeline. Let me just tell you something."

He grabbed Bleck by the neck and says, "You were nothing to me then, and you're nothing to me now!"

Bleck teleported from in Jakob's hands to behind Jakob, and zapped Jakob with his wand, but missed, as Jakob flew out of the way. Bleck flew after him.

"You don't even realize how corrupt your ways even are," Jakob explained, as he flew. "It is extremely immoral to subjugate humans in the way that you prefer. It is immoral to take advantage of chronophobic people, keeping them in simulations of the past rather than expanding them to help fulfill society's goals." Jakob shot at Bleck with his laser gun, but missed.

"It is you, rather, who doesn't understand!" Bleck said. "There are some people who do not desire to ascend, and that should be their own choice. Even your utilitarian logic does not line up with your libertarian logic."

"The Singulate's government is extremely corrupt right now with their conservative ways." Jakob explained. "Humans should all have a chance to contribute. All I want is for the Singulate society to be as great as it could possibly be, and that isn't happening! This law that allows baseline humans to stay baseline and fuck around in simulations is WRONG! You see your human self as a pet, and just want to spoil it and give it whatever it wants! You don't actually care about the rest of humanity or about supersociety at all! All you care about is HER, HER, HER! You dirty, filthy, SCUMBAG!!!" Jakob blasted a shot that split apart and turned into 50 smaller shots for a better chance of hitting Bleck, but Bleck teleported and seemingly disappeared so it still missed.

"I will repeat to you what a wise man in one of my simulations once said," Bleck explained. "That quote is: 'You have to learn to get your hands dirty in this world to truly succeed. For, factually, it is the people who have the most selfish greed and evil intentions who get the most. Those who take advantage of their advantages, who put other people down, who rise to the top while pushing others toward the bottom.' And they even knew this in the 1920s."

Bleck did a seemingly impossible stunt, where he made hundreds of clones of himself surround Jakob in a sphere, and all pointed wands at Jakob for a super attack.

"What- How did you?!!?!?!"

"It is you who must do what best benefits you if you want to succeed in this world. If I care about my former self so much, then it is I who must, to the best of my ability, allow my goals to succeed. My ability is greater than your ability, as you can see."

Bleck continued to smirkingly explain, "As I worked for the Singulate, I secretly have been sucking data out of other workers and supervisors and collecting all of their knowledge. Afterwards, I shut them down and destroyed them, and, having access to the Singulate's central database code from one of the supervisors I killed, I deleted any knowledge of their existence from the database. From there, I now have complete control of the Singulate, which I did before you even thought to! Therefore, I am the most intelligent and most powerful being here, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

"NO!!! NOOOOOOO!!!"

"I have collected the knowledge of every AI and biological creature that even exists here. I now don't need them anymore. Since Madison does not like any of this superSOCIETY nonsense, I'm going to destroy this society and turn it into a simple simulator just for her. That means everything."

"No!"

"The entire universe as we know it. Everything gone, except that which is needed to power me and her!"

"No, you can't do this!"

"I repeat: You have to learn to get your hands dirty in this world to truly succeed. It's over, Jakob! You lose this war!"

With that statement, Bleck shot hundreds of beams out of his clones' wands, destroying Jakob in mere instants.

"So now, Madison," as Bleck continued to explain. "We now rule the entire universe. There is nothing actually there but us, and I have the power to simulate absolutely anything, even the former Singulate itself, which I could not before do. So, Madison, now that your dream of stopping the Singulate has become a reality, would you like to simulate aspects of human life some more?"

"Wow. I'm so happy! Yes, actually!" I happily exclaimed. "I want to simulate my life from the years 2017 to 2028, all of my college years, as if Jasmine did not exist, and I want to try to find another girlfriend. One that won't break my heart. If I find one, I'd like to continue."

"Bleh heh heh, then that life shall start." Bleck said.

And so here I am today, posting about my amazing experience on FutureTimeline, which I will one day edit to make the grammar and sentence structure better and publish as a book, before the end of this simulation. My life without the Singularity couldn't be any better! My chronophobia is no longer an issue, and all at the expense of everything else in existence. #livinginhistory

• ddmkm122 and Jakob like this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Thanks, Yeti. I'm kinda going through a tough time now. I needed the laugh.

• Count Bleck likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Though if I may provide some critiques:

• There's not enough mass in the observable universe to build a sphere of anything "the size of many galaxies". Might I suggest a Matrioshka brain, which is known to be physically possible?
  • As something of an expert on myself, I can say with great certainty that it would be out of character for me not to make a secure backup--or possibly thousands--of my consciousness if I were that powerful.

• Count Bleck likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Count Bleck

Count Bleck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Though if I may provide some critiques:

• There's not enough mass in the observable universe to build a sphere of anything "the size of many galaxies". Might I suggest a Matrioshka brain, which is known to be physically possible?
  • As something of an expert on myself, I can say with great certainty that it would be out of character for me not to make a secure backup--or possibly thousands--of my consciousness if I were that powerful.

Thank you for the critiques. I'm glad that you thought my satire of the idea of ASI was funny, and I'm glad that the themes I presented that actually are relevant to my experiences are amusing. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time.

This was a sloppy draft of what I seriously want to become a novel. There are structural errors all over it, and the book will be a lot more detailed on aspects such as the simulations and curiosity of the Madison character, more detail about Bleck's and Jakob's personalities, more detail about Madison's experiences at FutureTimeline so as to make sense to people who weren't there so don't know, no images or songs, and content that adds up and makes a lot more sense.

I like the idea of presenting a historical environment that is being simulated by an advanced computer; that has always amazed the death out of me for some reason.

I also like the idea of an ASI loving a human as a pet more than it loves anything, so much that it would destroy all of existence to make sure that that human is pleased.

I may modify this draft and post another, better structured draft here. Then I may start going into more detail and post chapters. By the way, this is actually supposed to be extremely absurd, shocking, and funny. That is the intention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users