Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Cultures of the future

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fractalfederation

fractalfederation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I am working on my science fiction universe, I'm pretty much done so I am working on coming up with characters and cultures. There are a lot of ways technologies and science of the future could be implemented and result in a lot of different cultures. If you have any ideas you would like to contribute to my universe, it would be greatly appreciated! This is what I have so far:

Meldites: The Meldites are a genetically modified human, with a different brain architecture and an organic transceiver. The organic transceiver connects with an Artificial Intelligence on a subconscious level. Basically this allows them to guess the correct answer 100% of the time. They have no need for schools or training. --by fractalfederation

Philomaths: The Philomaths are a genetically modified human, that is genderless and has a larger brain volume. Their sex drive has been replaced with a new instinct, that emotionally rewards them for learning something new. --by fractalfederation

Cascadians: The Cascadians have a Standard Morality (which is all victimless acts are legal and all victimizing acts are illegal) with one exception, it's against the law to intentionally kill animals. They have vegan, vegetarian and nudist populations. However, artificially grown meat is still legal. For the most part, they are Standard Humans versus an Original Human. A Standard Human has been genetically modified to be immortal and to remove genetic diseases. They can also have a variety of aesthetics, such as pointy ears or blue skin. --by fractalfederation

Californians: The Californians have a Standard Morality with one exception, which requires all citizens to have implants. The implants support Fully Immersive Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. There is also a centralized Artificial Intelligence which has access to their implants. The AI is able to maintain a near zero crime rate and even subtly manipulates events to make as many citizens' dreams as possible come true. Tourists are not required to have an implant but they are required to give the centralized AI GPS access. --by fractalfederation

Sangres: The Sangres are known for blood sports. Most of their citizens are Socketed Humans, which means that their brain architecture has been modified with an organic socket, to allow for quick backups and restorations of a person's mind. Gladiators backup their mind before a blood sport and if they are killed, a copy of their mind is activated in Fully Immersive Virtual Reality until a new Socketed Human body is grown and their mind downloaded. --by fractalfederation

Ethereals: The Ethereals are individuals who have allowed their mind to grow to a size that is beyond what any biological or android body can handle. They exist in a Fully Immersive Virtual Reality, that is an exact replica of the real world. Citizens in the real world with Augmented Reality can see and interact with Ethereals. Ethereals can also exist in multiple locations simultaneously.  --by fractalfederation

Amish: The Amish are an agrarian society that forbids the use of electricity and most technology. Their cultural defense mechanism is to excommunicate or shun members who deviate from their traditional lifestyle. Some Amish communities practice Rumspringa, which allows Amish youth to explore the rest of the world before being baptized. If they choose not to be baptized, they are usually not allowed to return and never see their family again. --by fractalfederation

Reptilians: The Reptilians were genetically engineered by rogue scientists. At this point, most Reptilians are converts, meaning they were not born reptilian but instead transferred their mind from a human body into a new reptilian body. There is a rite of passage for new converts, which requires them to go two weeks without eating and attempt to suppress their potent predatory instinct. --by fractalfederation

Avians: The Avians were genetically engineered by rogue scientists and are human in appearance with large feathered wings. They are not sexually compatible with humans. They are well known for their aerial acrobatic shows. At this point, most Avians are converts. --by fractalfederation

• Yuli Ban and Frizz like this

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
I think im cascadian :)
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Me, an Ethereal-Cascadian hybrid with the ability to materialize in the original reality when needed.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

fractalfederation

fractalfederation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Me, an Ethereal-Cascadian hybrid with the ability to materialize in the original reality when needed.

I was going to update Ethereals to say that they can remote control human bodies or androids with transceivers but I can't edit the original post anymore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users