Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

hi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_Jackc_*

Guest_Jackc_*
  • Guests

i found this site in 2013 when suicidal using hope of a better future as a reason to not kill myself i had an account for a little while in the past but deactivated it

personality assholish i often insult people in real life and narsasitic but i also have a low self esteme and i look out for people alot possibly sex addict

a bit about me i was born and raised in an abusive household my father had a few court appearances in his life to say the least. when i was a teen a man had sex with me consentually some how my parents found out and started also threatening to kill me on a daily basis untill i managed to leave home its possible or even likely i developed mental issues due to these kinds of events. i found some confidence by going out to bars alot but my self esteme is still low i think i constantly try to get peoples attention due to my low self esteme my body is covered is damaged skin from scraching my self (not cutting) and stress its self damaging it. i was suicidal and found hope that the future would be a better place so i have a reason to live. i was also born with a learnign disability which could effect self esteme maybe.

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hi

You know to varying degrees I think a lot of us here have felt ostracised by the people around us or otherwise had a tough time really connecting with them. Some members here have had pretty rough starts to life and for a lot of us, finding the FTF allowed us to express the creative and nerdy side of ourselves with other people who get it. And it's a close-knit community where everyone pretty much knows everyone else; their general info, their personalities, their circumstances etc.

I know that for many of us, regardless of what's going on outside we can put it away and get down to business here. We can let our minds get creative and visualise what life's gonna be like on both the individual level and the broader societal level a few years out, a decade out, millennia out. So whatever's going on outside for you on a day-to-day basis you can always come around here to change to a different gear and those kinds of contributions are the life blood of this forum and community. It's good to have another conscript who already seems like a pretty active poster and it's refreshing to see the forum growing. 

Getting drawn into the FTF because of how bright the future could be is also a road well travelled. Everyone has different reasons for it but it's pretty dope getting excited about what's in store and what life can look like. In our private chats we spoke about Jimmy and I think he's part and parcel with a lot of the spirit of this forum. It's about getting our minds wrapped around improving the current situation and ogling something more. For a lot of us the future looked somewhat bleak and this site + forum shows an alternative picture where the future is actually pretty okay. On a personal level it's the same. On the FTF side of things, we'll be wealthier, cities will be cleaner and greener, travel will be cheaper, learning will be easier, communicating with like-minded people will be more convenient etc. On the Jimmy side of things, isolation doesn't have to be a permanent state of affairs. There's plenty of connection all around us and everyone is looking for pretty much the same things out of life, which you can give to them and they can give to you. 

So I'm sorry to hear about all the things that have happened to you and it's not a fair way to start out, but I'm happy to see you've found this community and are into people and ideas that I personally drool over. You seem like an amicable and polite enough guy despite the way you've described yourself, so I already like you well enough and I'm keen to see new blood contributing ideas and content here. 

P.s., if you have a learning disability then you should fit in really well with Sciencerocks. Dude never learns.

• ddmkm122, Jakob and BasilBerylium like this
Only take advice from people who have what you want.
You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationArgentina

if you have a learning disability then you should fit in really well with Sciencerocks. Dude never learns.

lol

• ddmkm122 likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

For those who might be wondering, Jackc asked for his account to be deleted. He might return at a later date.

• ddmkm122 likes this

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAustralia

For those who might be wondering, Jackc asked for his account to be deleted. He might return at a later date.

oh

• ddmkm122 likes this
Only take advice from people who have what you want.
You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users