Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The JFK Assassination

John F. Kennedy Kennedy Assassination Conspiracy Theories 1960s Release of documents

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

People seem increasingly reluctant to start new threads, preferring instead to post items in the personal update section. To me this seems worthy of at least starting a new thread.  If it fails due to lack of interest, then so be it.   Personally, I am not much of a conspiracy theorist.  To me, it is perfectly plausible that Oswald acted alone.  Still, there have been so many conspiracy theories floated, that I am far from absolutely certain there was no broader conspiracy.  There seems to have been a lot of very strange items of evidence which actually do point to some sort of conspiracy. In my mind they are not conclusive.  However, neither have they been totally explained.  At any rate, below is a link to a news story that has inspired this thread.

JFK assassination: Thousands of files released

http://www.bbc.com/n...canada-41771923

(BBC) One memo revealed that the FBI had warned police of a death threat against the assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

....As the documents are pored over and analysed, other findings include a CIA memo that suggests Oswald spoke with a KGB officer at the Russian embassy in Mexico City. The memo says the KGB officer Oswald spoke with worked for a department "responsible for sabotage and assassination".

Another memo showed that Soviet officials feared an "irresponsible general"would launch a missile at the USSR in the wake of President Kennedy's death.

One memo tells how a British regional newspaper, the Cambridge News, received an anonymous call about "some big news" in the US, minutes before the assassination.

...The records have been released on the National Archives website.

• Erowind likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationLondon

1p4d.jpg

WQfzP41.jpg

• Yuli Ban and Erowind like this

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

9 Eye-Popping Discoveries from the Newly Released JFK Papers

https://www.alternet...ased-jfk-papers

Extract:

The documents included:

— CIA notes on a May 1964 conversation with Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, who said he didn't believe American security was so "inept" that Kennedy was killed without a conspiracy. Khrushchev believed the Dallas Police Department to be an "accessory" to the assassination. The CIA source "got the impression that Chairman Khrushchev had some dark thoughts about the American Right Wing being behind this conspiracy." When the source said that Oswald and Ruby both were "mad" and "acted on his own ... Kruschev said flatly that he did not believe this."

— A CIA transcript dated July 26, 1965, gave a complete translation of an interrogation of Lt. Col. Yuri Ivanovich Nosenko, a KGB operative who defected to the U.S. in 1964. He claimed to have important information proving that Russia had no involvement in the Kennedy assassination. "I am ready to answer all questions," Nosenko said early in the interrogation.

— A document, dated May 30, 1975, pertained to the 1975 Rockefeller Commission investigating CIA involvement of plans to assassinate foreign leaders. The document states that with respect to Fidel Castro, the "investigation is sufficiently complete to show that plans were undertaken by the CIA."

— A note on a 1963 document said that a CIA source reported Castro becoming "extremely concerned with persistence of investigation into President Kennedy's murder and with possible disclosures that could result."

No big surprises regarding Cuba, but points worth keeping in mind.

• Yuli Ban and Erowind like this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

I just glanced at this since I'm out, but maybe someone can clarify.

Am I getting this straight:

1) There were two shooters, not one.

2) Anti-Castro Cubans assassinated the president with possible aid from the local police department.

3) The Soviets were not at fault.

4) Conspirators mentioned alleged funding by ambiguous Jews.

All the other stuff aside, the nationalists are going to have a field day with the mention of potential Jewish funding, even though that could mean literally anyone of Jewish descent. *sigh*

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

^^ I was going to go over these comments point by point.  Then I remembered - there are so many theories out there supported by so much dubious "evidence" that I would hesitate to jump to any conclusions.  Still, I suppose it is worth going over this new batch of evidence to see where it might lead.  Again, I reserve final judgement (and probably always will).  

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

I'm not into conspiracy theories either, but I feel like data from the government at the time holds more credibility and it might be fair to finally make some conclusions.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I just glanced at this since I'm out, but maybe someone can clarify.

Am I getting this straight:

1) There were two shooters, not one.

2) Anti-Castro Cubans assassinated the president with possible aid from the local police department.

3) The Soviets were not at fault.

4) Conspirators mentioned alleged funding by ambiguous Jews.

All the other stuff aside, the nationalists are going to have a field day with the mention of potential Jewish funding, even though that could mean literally anyone of Jewish descent. *sigh*

In those days, "Jews" was indeed referring more to the banker lot. If you mean a Jewish person, you'll almost always say "Jewish person" or "Jewish guy". 

Saying you had help from 'the Jews' carries different connotations than saying you had help from 'the Jewish people'. 

Regardless of if that's a premature thing to say, this does open a new angle I've not considered before— that Kennedy could have been assassinated by someone furious that he hadn't done more to take Cuba back from Castro. That the Bay of Pigs didn't work out possible because of his own meddling and that the Cuban Missile Crisis didn't become the Cuban Missile War.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: John F. Kennedy, Kennedy Assassination, Conspiracy Theories, 1960s, Release of documents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users