Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

GXV-T

GXV-T ground x vehicle technology darpa military tanks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables
Fast, tiny, stealthy manned and unmanned tanks

DARPA’s Ground X-Vehicle Technology program (GXV-T) initiative that could lead to an entirely new era of tanks and armored combat vehicles. GXV-T would offer tank-like protection on a vehicle that resembles a futuristic All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) but is smaller than a traditional tank.

They are using augmented reality for windowless vehicles.

This will likely lead to a yuge paradigm shift by the 2040s or so. Though interestingly, it looks like it will still have a crew of 1. I'm sure that traditional tanks will increasingly find themselves threatened by drone swarms, so the sneakniess and speed of GXV-T will motivate advanced militaries to adopt it.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Looks very badass.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

Wouldin't the wheels still be vulnerable, or have they developed some way for them to be resistant to ballistics as well? I feel like tracks are more durable, but I could be wrong.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GXV-T, ground x vehicle technology, darpa, military, tanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users