Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Quark Fusion

quark fusion fusion holy shit energy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

“Quark Fusion” Produces Eight Times More Energy Than Nuclear Fusion

In Brief Researchers, building on findings from work involving the Large Hadron Collider, have found a theoretical new form of energy. This new, renewable option is more powerful than nuclear by fusing quarks into baryons.

What is this insanity?! We haven't even got fusion and we're already planning the next energy revolution! I never even thought of this, but in retrospect it makes a lot of sense. A lot of questions spring to mind:

• When can we build this?
  • Can we weaponize it and/or use it for spacecraft propulsion?
  • How well will it compete with other forms of energy that might be showing up, like mined antimatter and Hawking engines?

Regardless, this is yuge.

quark-fusion-banner-520x400.jpg

From Inhabitat

• Maximus and BasilBerylium like this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

From what I've read, we kinda can't use this. It wouldn't work as an energy source; this is purely a theoretical exercise. Even the paper itself that first mentioned this said as much. It'd be much more practical to go from fusion to something like antimatter or kugelblitzes.

Source: CERN press release.

Now for a soft or middling sci-fi story, it'd be an interesting Unobtainium.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quark fusion, fusion, holy shit, energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users