Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Twisted Vision of the Dark Era Ahead

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrDusk

MrDusk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationVariable

Havent written a work of fiction here is a long time, decided that it was finally time I did so again. This is a vision of what one of the countless ways our future could evolve to look like. Near or far it will make no difference. I might write more. I might not. (Probably wont since I'm lazy as fuck) Influences for this one include Dune, Warhammer 40k and the catholic church of the middle ages. Anyway here we go.

Twisted Vision 1 : Posthuman Ecclesiarchy

Gods walk the same plane as man. In our world that is known as a fact. But they walk not among us mere mortals who are fit only to serve the directives of our god. The legends and myths of people just like us ascending to such a height of absolute power known only to the oldest of automatons. This is how it has always been for millenia ever since kingdoms spanned only a fragment of a planets land. Now entire constellations are the domain of our holy lords. We know nothing but the rule of god.

To speak heresy is to die, there is nowhere where our god cannot see or hear, for he is everywhere. Even the mere thought would be seen as a corruption, and like infected files of a virus purged before the meme can even spread. If you know no evil, you cannot hear it, see it or even worse, speak it. Though the punishment for even knowing goes as far as the complete erasal of the mind. In a planck frame you are nothing more than a babe in the shape of a man, your family and your friends will forget you. You will be made to be as nothing. Resistance is so repugnantly futile the very concept of disobediance to god doesn't exist.

God is the one who decides our lives and how they will be brought about. His directives unignorable as they are seeded directly into your psyche. He will make it so that you will want to do as god commands, and love it in your controlled stupor of obedience. That's why he doesn't need to control you completely, because it's far more amusing to watch you heed his every word and suggestion. Essentially, you have no free will.

Often we are made pawns in our gods machinations, be it to start a war for the amusement of watching us kill eachother in the most gruesome ways imaginable, or to do battle with the subjects of other kingdoms in wars of attrition. He knows that it is pointless but finds it amusing to watch feverous worshipers battle eachother in wars that consume whole stars. The real moves and political sways of battle are all performed by god himself. No reward or punishment is given to the soldiers, who are just happy to serve the one whom they feverishly worship. Though if the battle is lost they will willingly all hang themselves without a second thought.

Our very time alive is performed at the pleasure of him. We might live for a day or go on for a millenia. For it is god who decides when we live and when we die. Death in our society is seen as the greatest act of worship one can ever perform for God. Soldiers will frequently slay civilians they perceive to not be in love enough with our lord. It is supposedly the only method to redemption for being caught not praying. But I never see them praying when they go on their witch hunts.

The saints are the ones who represent our lord who is too holy to show himself to his subjects who may as well be slaves. They perhaps have the worst fate of all. Doomed to be trapped inside their own minds for all eternity as their bodies run on autopilot. a mere puppet to enact his will. To make matters worse he fills your head with the knowledge of all the attrocities he has caused and why. You are basically doomed to the madness of watching yourself feverishly praise your lord and lead your fellow man in doing so while knowing that the god you once worshipped is committing these cruelties purely for fun.

Us mortals are mere toys, to be picked up and discarded at his fancy. Our thoughts and will consumed with God's agenda. Nothing but pawns in his fucking game. But why do I know this? why is my mind not being wiped like my kin if they were to ever learn the truth? That is because I am a Saint. A puppet.

They say that if you say and do something for long enough youll start believing it's true. I can tell you now that I am living that truth. Ive started to think everything I'm doing is coming from me and not the bastard upstairs. I can't help it, it just happens. Despite knowing full well to the contrary these actions are not my own. My mind itself is beginning to become the puppet and my thoughts along with it. The dissonance between what I think and do slowly turning to a malevolent rythm.

Saints arent allowed to sleep or eat, they have no need of it. Yet it is also another object of torture. It's been so long since I have tasted anything. You know not what I'd give to know the taste of bread, or to drink water. To know the comfort of a bed. But alas it will never be.

I wish this was just a nightmare, but no matter how hard I try I can't wake up . . . I cant wake up .............

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Interesting

MrDusk

MrDusk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts