Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

ENTRY-72 Qualia Economy

qualia economy concept

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Okay. So, I’m having a hard time trying to ‘capitalize’ on the concept of Qualia. I’m trying to use the fundamental unit of subjective experience as a form of currency. I mean think about it. It’s unique in a way that all subjective experiences are unique to an individual, therefore it is secure in that it cannot be counterfeited or stolen. My experience of depression is unique to me and mine alone. Your experience of sex is yours and yours alone. Come to think of it, Qualia is the fundamental unit of conscious subjective raw experience. A quale is generated ONLY when these three qualities are met:

1. When we’re paying attention, regardless if we are paying attention to a past, present, predicted, or imagined experience. Our hippocampus and amygdala is largely involved in the generation of qualia, because we must give at least a bare minimum amount of focus for the experience to actually take place. This shall remain true regardless of the toposophic stratification of the individual, since no ideal being can ideally focus on everything all at once

Although it shall be possible to fork one’s own consciousness to multiply its own multitasking capabilities, the forked consciousnesses each possess their own qualia separate from the parent consciousness. Even when the forked consciousnesses merge with the parent consciousness, the resulting consciousness will still be subtly different by a hair from its own components, from which the resulting consciousness can then countercheck to decide which experiences came from which components (or not decide at all at which point the difference fades and the resulting consciousness maintains a singular sense of self).

EXAMPLE:

I, a sentient mothership, decides to deploy a hundred drones that all carry a partial copy of my consciousness, making it safe to assume that I am the mothership, and I am all my hundred drones as well. Suppose each drone carries sensors that feed it with a perspective of a single planet from viewed from an angle different from the one another. It is also safe to assume that my individual drones are not just a part of me – they are me, therefore they have their own perceptions of the planet, albeit not as complete as my as-of-yet-to-exist greater self. Only when my drones decide to come back to my mothership will I be complete again as my greater self that will generate my own qualia based on all the individual qualia that each of my drones once possessed. Based on an article I have read from here before, this can be explained further by knowing the concept of omnimatia.

EXAMPLE:

I, a sentient mothership, decides to deploy a hundred drones that each follow a predetermined set of rules emanating from my brain that resides in the mothership. At this point, I am the mothership, but I am not my drones because even if all my drones carry their own sensors, they cannot interpret all the data they have gathered unless they send it to the mothership and I reply with any form of command. Therefore, I wouldn’t say that I am the drones, because the hundred drones are just a part of my body much like how your eyes and ears are just a part of you. In this example, no consciousness is forked and only the mothership generated qualia for me.

Obviously, forking one’s own consciousness generates at least 101 different qualia for perceiving the planet alone, and not even the feelings associated with each one is accounted for. However, there is the risk of one of the partial copies not returning to the mothership, generating two incomplete sense of selves for both the defecting drone and the mothership with 99 drones. Nevertheless, quale is multiplied exponentially as consciousness is forked more and more.

2. The experience is subjective, meaning it must be original, must be truly taking place or have really taken place in the brain of the individual who’s generating the qualia in question. Likewise, the sense of self is a quale in and of itself, from which all succeeding subjective experiences are appended to, comparable to a personal memory blockchain (or if consciousness is forked and/or fused, an intrapersonal memory blocktree).

Even if sharing memories becomes possible, some form of identity must be deeply integrated to every quale such that whosoever will be on the receiving end of the sharing process, must have a hint that the experiences are not exactly their own so that individual sense of selves are preserved. This becomes chaotic when merging two or more individuals, because it results in the death of the sense of selves (or self-loops for short) of the merging individuals and the birth of a new individual having its own self-loop, capable of remembering all its previous self-loops as its own. The chaos can only be mediated once the entire blockchain/blocktree has been backtracked and then shared starting from the most recent experience about the beginning of the merge up to the moment the individual simultaneously became aware of the Ecclesia[1], received an Excelsior[2], integrated with the Empyrean[3], and participated in the Emporium[4] (essentially, the moment of rebirth as an ascendant). Once the moment of rebirth has been reached, all constituent self-loop then starts to disintegrate and reintegrate into a single self-loop.

EXAMPLE:

I, having my own memories and you having your own, both want to merge our consciousnesses. We start by sharing our mutual experience of wanting to merge, and then we start to remember each other’s memories before the merge, and further back until we remember our rebirth, at which point we lose both our identities and a new one emerges, once again becoming more aware of the Ecclesia, receiving a new Excelsior, and reintegrating into the Empyrean. The resulting individual is neither me or you, nor is it me and you. It is a wholly new individual that knows both our pasts yet can still generate its own qualia based on its two different pasts.

The merging method regulates the economic balance of the emporium similar with whatever disinflation does to any other market. The older, wiser, wealthier, and kinder the individual participants, the less relevant their pasts are, the more they will want to merge with one another, the more successful the merge will be. Quite frankly, the primordia[5] are the result of demiurges[6] – whose existences already deemed irrelevant by their own fragmented selves – merging into one complete being with one self-loop composed of all self-loops that existed, exists, and will ever exist.

3. The experience must be raw or in other words, spontaneous. This means that whatever the individual reacted, felt, or remembered at the instant the experience is generated, that reaction, feeling, or memory, is instantaneously integrated with the experience and encoded as a unique mindstate creating the physical manifestation of the quale, and encoded into the primordia/emporium/empyrean/excelsior/ecclesia as an eclectic state[7]. This third quality of qualia is proof that qualia is just as metaphysical as the mind while also just as physical as the brain in which the integration level makes it so that hardware and software becomes indistinguishable. The quale is the mindstate, spontaneously encoded into eclectic states as a sum of products of the raised powers of fundamental qualia starting from the self-loop of an individual.

Each unique quale is designated with a sedenion, containing all the 16 basic elements of an experience including:

1. The selfloop represented by the real number

2. The cardinality of the experience as the complex part

3. The sensory organ used as the first quaternion

4. The kind of sensation associated with the organ as the second quaternion

5. The subject of the sensory organ (what thing did the sensation from the sensory organ came from) for the first octonion.

6. The type of active physical response to the sensation for the second octonio

7. The type of passive emotional cognition to the sensation for the third octonion

8. The object of response and cognition (what thing is the response and cognition directed to) for the fourth octonion

9. Other individual selfloops associated with the experience as its subject as the first sedenion

10. Other individual selfloops associated with the experience as its object as the second sedenion

11. Indexed experience set that triggers this experience will be the third sedenion

12. Indexed experience set that is triggered by this experience will be the fourth sedenion

13. Indexed experience set that can be triggered by this experience will be fifth sedenion

14. Indexed experience set that have been triggered by this experience will be the sixth sedenion

15. Dimensions-stamp of the experience as the seventh sedenion

16. The frequency of similar experience is the eighth sedenion

I think I’ve accounted for all attributes that an experience can possess. Now obviously, this is new to me as well. I just attempted to reduce conscious subjective raw experience into a quantitative form and its ridiculous. An index of which number corresponds with which attribute will be generated and by the primordia and encoded as eclectic states into the excelsior of all individuals (some twisted posthuman abomination of multidimensional hash function and ubiquitous computing). Think of each quale as a coin made of eclectic states, whose monetary value is equivalent to a unique neural network configuration. I haven’t thought of a way to compare 16-dimensional numbers yet, but qualia economy should work such that the more qualia an individual has appended to its central selfloop, the wealthier that individual is.

[1] The Ecclesia is an imaginary ( dimension distinct from the 3d space, 1d time, and 6d compactified space that we have in our universe and any other universe. It is the imaginary part of all the equations that govern the fundamental forces and interactions.

[2] The Excelsior is a humanoid biotechnological body made of eclectic states.

[3] The Empyrean system is the eutopian civilization of entities with excelsior

[4] The Emporium is the qualia market system.

[5] The Primordia are a collective consciousness whose computing substrate is the ecclesia itself

[6] Demiurges are entities the size of an entire universe whose excelsior is deeply embedded in the spacetime fabric of a universe.

[7] Eclectic states are like quantum states but on Planck-scale. Eclectic states can manifest as any combination of matter, energy, and data.

This is where I need some help. How does an actual exchange occur in such a system? 

• Erowind likes this

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I think you're overthinking this.

Sophont A has a thought (broadly defined, could be a memory/skill/idea/knowledge/meme). That thought is valuable to Sophont B. They arrange a deal, and the thought is copied through mindtech into the mind of Sophont B, possibly in exchange for compensation. There may be restrictions on usage or redistribution of the thought, enforced through technological and/or legal means. This doesn't require radical paradigm shifts beyond what we have with buying software and digital media.

One might also imagine a more organized thought market where investors buy and sell thoughts and minds to try and get rich. The details would need to be ironed out, but this is really, really a problem for economists, not philosophers.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Sophont A has a thought (broadly defined, could be a memory/skill/idea/knowledge/meme). That thought is valuable to Sophont B. They arrange a deal, and the thought is copied through mindtech into the mind of Sophont B, possibly in exchange for compensation. There may be restrictions on usage or redistribution of the thought, enforced through technological and/or legal means. This doesn't require radical paradigm shifts beyond what we have with buying software and digital media.

One might also imagine a more organized thought market where investors buy and sell thoughts and minds to try and get rich. The details would need to be ironed out, but this is really, really a problem for economists, not philosophers.

I understand what happens with the deal between Sophont A & B. The restriction, redistribution, and technological/legal means are whole 'nother set of topics which I've also imagined as a humanely posthuman civilization must-haves. Although this thought market of investors does not quite catch with what I needed help with, I gladly appreciate the feedback.

The thought market reminds of the gogol trade from The Fractal Prince, but from what I understand this works much more like a twisted barter system where an entire consciousness can be traded for godtech scraps.

Correct me if I'm wrong but based on what I think of the thought market, I assume it works in a way that thoughts and mindstates are commodities while there is still some form of countable/comparable accumulation of currency that can be used to buy and sell such commodities. This accumulated currency creates the possibility of social stratification based on wealth that is uncorrelated with overall technospiritual wisdom/mastery.

However IMO, that possibility alone, is enough to create a dystopia where the wealthiest individual in terms of its ability to buy thoughts and mindstates is different from a wealthy individual already possessing trillions of thoughts and mindstates. I imagine a scenario where an individual with a lot of money can buy all thoughts that all human brains have ever thought, but there is also an individual who already has all the thoughts that all human brains have ever thought, and there goes the conflict.

However, my emporium is based on qualia themselves as a form of accumulated currency, although the comparison and counting process is insanely more complex (because how the hell do we compare 16-dimensional sedendion numbers when even 2-dimensional complex numbers are such a pain in a human ass to even think about). I think that in this way, the possibility of the 'two wealthiest individuals' would be eliminated, because there is no way to buy all thoughts of all human brains without being all the human brains altogether, fortifying a mathematical/technological/computational fact close to being a moral/ethical/spiritual law. I worry this would ultimately seem like a stagnant economy, but that's another question.

But given a god (an omnipotent/omnibenevolent/omniscient/omnipresent entity whose computronium is mostly composed of the vacuum states of virtual particles; whose computronium networks are solely dedicated to processing, protecting, recording, and randomly manipulating the 16-dimensional sedenion numbers of qualia) is managing the public sector, again, my question remains:

How does an actual exchange of qualia occur?

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

This sounds interesting, but does anyone have a less brain fucking way of explaining it.

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Let me put it this way.

Money is the root of poverty. So, if I’m to construct a true eutopia, I have to eliminate money to erase poverty, but erasing money is impossible because nobody wants to go back to barter trade. Therefore I can only redefine money, so I could at least redefine poverty. And oh, what better way to make the evil, the lazy, the pessimists, the unfaithful, the inefficient, the naïve, the bigots, and all the bottom-feeders, to be the forever poor bottom feeders. Therefore, I decided to hit an entire species of birds with one stone.

What if money is replaced by something else similar:

·         that can neither be stolen nor counterfeited

·         that can be shared/given/taken ONLY with authorization

·         that can be passively accumulated as wealth and actively generated as transactions

·         that can be reduced to numbers and processes

·         that everybody can possess and utilize in a myriad of methods

·         that everybody could be willing to give their life to obtain

·         that everybody can agree to be truly precious

·         that everybody has, but still cannot easily make better use of

·         that everybody can store without wallets/credit/debit cards that can easily be stolen/broken

·         that can neither be destroyed nor created, only modified almost beyond recognition

Think of something yet?

That’s right. Memories. Experiences. Thoughts. Emotions. Ideas. Feelings. Sensations. Dreams. Anything similar, which can all be collectively called qualia – a fundamental unit of conscious, subjective, raw experience. I mean think about it. They all fit the requirements.

How do you make something subjective and personal into something objective and universal? You encrypt them into PRIME numbers and hash functions using algorithms of computer science beyond quantum mechanics – Planck-scale string mechanics, which is as of now, mythological in nature but yes, plausible.

But who does the encrypting?

A collection of entities acting as one whose bodies are so advanced they are practically indistinguishable from their minds, whose brains are embedded on the very fabric of reality as everybody knows it, whose presences are felt by everybody that knows the entity, whose knowledge and wisdom will never be incomplete, whose own experiences, memories, sensations, thoughts, emotions, ideas, feelings, and even dreams everybody can relate to. For lack of a better word, no other than God will do the encrypting.

Who knows the decryption algorithm?

Everybody can try to know and study the algorithm, and in fact that is the goal. Although, the catch is no one can understand or use the algorithm without becoming God itself, which is kind of paradoxical and self-referential. This is to protect the system – Now you know the truth, you become the truth and after that, everything is perfectly normal and natural like nothing really happened. The algorithm is itself both sentient and universal, positioning a single God entity at the heart of an entire eutopian civilization wherein being an atheist is actually challenging (because there is a literal god that everybody is biotechnospiritually wired to trust) which makes it even more rewarding (the reward being you get to be God yourself if you find an exploit in the system).

This way, mindstates become money, with each individual mindstate becoming a single coin, with an algorithm acting as both the government and the bank, with all participants becoming part of a decentralized, universal, sentient government, with each thought, memory, experience, dream, sensation, and all the likes becoming a contribution to the bank and society, with… wait. That sounds familiar. One hell lot like blockchain technology. So yes, bonus points to me having a real-life example and giving me the illusion of hope that this eutopia is not entirely fictional.

Although you can also ask your questions about this, let me ask something first:

When every thought already counts, when experience itself becomes either a reward or punishment from an earlier experience, when the currency becomes the commodity itself, when all research and development is done and forgiven, when perfection is already attained, how the fuck do I actually pay for everyone who tried to understand my idea while also charging those who tried to shun my idea, and/or vice versa?

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

In response to a few questions from a colleague, I'm posting this.

ENTRY-76 Questioning Qualia

1. You have said that this idea is a "better way to make the evil, the lazy, the pessimists, the unfaithful, the inefficient, the naïve, the bigots, and all the bottom-feeders, to be the forever poor bottom feeders", Are you saying that people who have these traits, especially being pessimistic and/or unfaithful, have less qualia than an average person and therefore will be poor if this is implemented?

Even the accumulation of wealth will be radically different from what we know. Currencies of today are all but 1-dimensional numbers, making them easy to compare with any other type of currency even if there are nation-based conversions. Reducing qualia into 1-dimensional numbers is a large leap of oversimplification, but hey. I guess even the way cryptocurrency wealth is compared boils down to 1-dimensional numbers, which I haven’t figured out yet for my qualia economy. Basing on bitcoin and the likes, wealth is measured by how many unique bitcoins have been discovered by a valid account. And just like that, the wealth of an individual in a qualia economy is based on how much unique qualia components are appended to one’s own consciousness.

EXAMPLE: I have a quale that is composed of me craving for a scoop of pistachio ice cream and not a second scoop more, while you, on the other hand, have your own quale wherein you want to eat a whole gallon of the same, identical product. Although the taste and satisfaction we might feel can be different as well, the fact is we both want to get the pistachio ice cream from the same supplier so an insanely powerful network of supercomputers (a.k.a. the gods) can first use this component as the control group on testing before deciding whose craving should be prioritized.

The main parameter for deciding is a balance between actually needing and just wanting to satisfy the craving (although because the gods are a single decentralized hive consciousness, some even more chaotic priority system may exist superseding our pistachio ice cream cravings). There are really a ton of ways to circumvent this problem and arrive at an optimal solution, like both of us getting satisfied or one of us getting chocolate ice cream instead), but if we use today's currencies to determine who gets the pistachio ice cream, then it would be me who will get satisfied because I was first in line and I have money to buy the last available gallon, even if your cravings are stronger than mine. One of the worst outcomes would be a disappointed customer and a lot of leftover.

Bottom-line is, for a qualia economy, neither of us is deemed poor in terms of purchasing power, only that the gods have decided to give you an entire gallon of pistachio ice cream but deep inside your very being, you would feel like you needed to share that with someone else, and since I happen to be near you, I get to have my scoop of pistachio ice cream. This scenario and similar ones, are most likely to occur in a eutopian society that would implement qualia economy because thr gods/bank/government are able to extrapolate literally every possible mindstate of all individuals of this eutopia. However, the only way of achieving such impossibly vast computational power may only be possible by breaching the seventh toposophic barrier, where consciousness becomes embedded in spacetime, and that’s it for another topic.

1. What if a person with a huge amount of qualia suddenly acquired a disease that limits him/her in generating it (amnesia, for example, as it erases memories that is, as far as I know, a type of qualia). Will this person become "poor" all of a sudden?

Qualia as currency is not simply the determinant of a person’s wealth. The uniqueness of qualia an individual generates are also accounted for, meaning the more people possess largely similar qualia, the less wealthy all those people are. Quale are – based on my most recent designs – themselves, a fundamental multidimensional parameter matrix for recording/predicting all the aspects of individuality. Arguably, the wealth of an individual will now be measured in terms of how many unique experiences/memories/thoughts/sensations has it had. Wealth in this economy transcends financing into a form of spiritually-centered satisfaction (once the hard problem of consciousness is solved).

So yes, an individual will become “poor” if it loses its memories, and it will have a hard time getting rich if it possesses intrinsic mental properties that limit its generation of qualia for itself. Although, amnesia occurs because there exist no backups for a persons’ qualia, because the only existing record of it is within the neural network of the individual. Since gods in this qualia economy has a central purpose, there exist backups - nevertheless at least a cure for amnesia. Entangling mindstates into planck-scale constructs might just do the trick.

However, a dire consequence is unraveled through this. The gods, being the planck-scale constructs themselves, can have a literal control over the mindstates of all individuals. They can induce amnesia to an individual, which poses great threat issues. But knowing how the qualia economy works, the gods/bank/government will most likely never take advantage of this, since like every successful ruling body within an economy, there is a concept of laissez-faire. Since gods are practically perfected predictive machines (so perfect even they can predict what qualia should they generate, thus, transcending the purpose of mundane living), them trying to pursue a singular personal goal is meaningless and will most likely result in detrimental effects to the entire system, so rest-assured that gods are mature enough to leave individuals be, intervening only during the most chaotic of circumstances – truly godlike. Inducing amnesia on an individual may as well be a rational decision probably because the qualia possessed by that individual disrupts the system to the point that its qualia are becoming memetic kill agents.

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

ENTRY-77 Qualia Research

Today, I did some research on physicalism of qualia and found out a solution to the hard problem of consciousness. There’s this guy who wrote a paper saying that qualia have structure, that they’re a pattern of patterns of patterns, and that they can be analyzed in terms of structures and relations.  Each qualitative property can be further broken-down into neural network firing patterns and once we understand the proper level of organization of the brain that give rise to the creation of qualia, we can then construct devices that can manipulate them.

Now, the rise of qualitative properties, are truly private and ineffable, but through the neural network firing patterns (which I call mindstates), these qualitative properties become universal. Although qualia are conscious, subjective, raw experiences, their compositions are in themselves unconscious, subjective, and derivational. As said in the paper, the redness of red is a vast network of vaguely conscious associations of neurons that encode all the encounters with red in the individual’s own personal history as well as the genetic history passed down to it by its ancestors.

This paper also states that every quale has an explicit neural representation which we can understand as the structure itself, although there is no guarantee that knowing which structures give rise to which qualia will allow us to simulate that qualia into any other brain, simply because some of us lacks the essential nodes that give rise to that structure. The essential nodes are a network of neurons whose activities noticeably increase to create a mindstate for a given quale. A property of quale is that the individual should be aware of the experience itself, indicating that the creation of qualia is directly proportional to how much of the amygdala, hippocampus, and neocortex is involved. This means that there exists a certain threshold to the number of neurons and connections required for qualia to be generated and once a mindstate reaches this threshold, all other mindstates related to that neural matrix’s activity rises a slight level. The collective gain in activity of all the related neural matrices are what composes the subconsciousness, enough to drive the planning modules of the brain without the person becoming totally aware of the rising sequences.

Concerns about philosophical zombies with no qualia, as well as Mary’s black and white room, even the inverted colors scenario and the question of what’s it like to be a bat can all be answered. There would be no philosophical zombies, since the neural matrix also exists for a machine that has the biological structure of a human being and are therefore, capable of generating their own qualia. Mary will never truly understand colors even if she becomes a visual expert in a black-and-white laboratory. If color sensations would get inverted such that green becomes red, red becomes blue, and blue becomes green, peeking at the mindstates would show a noticeable difference on the sensation of the color and the linguistic approach towards it that would otherwise be absent if the colors aren’t inverted.

Even though the mindstate itself can be shared in some form of advanced synesthetic telepathy, the individual on the receiving end will still not recognize the incoming qualia as its own, although the actual event of receiving such qualia gives rise to different qualia on their own.

To summarize, qualia are:

·         Vast networks composed of vaguely conscious explicit neural representations called mindstates

o   Each mindstate is also a singular unit that relate to other mindstates, creating a higher-order network of their own

·         Created only when neural activity occurs at or above a certain ’consciousness threshold’, at which point the memory of an experience can be recalled easier and becomes an integral part of the entire consciousness

o   When a mindstate in the brain reaches the consciousness threshold, all other related mindstates rise collectively but still below the consciousness threshold, which forms the subconsciousness

o   The consciousness threshold is the minimum number of activated essential neurons required for an experience to have strong correlations with planning modules in the brain

·         Private and ineffable representations of consciousness unique to the conscious individual

o   Mindstates are the public and shareable units of consciousness that any individual can possess

These three properties of qualia, should be enough to transform them into a form of accumulated wealth. Thus, some changes to my initial designs are necessary, starting from the fact that mindstates might be a more suitable medium of exchange than qualia.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: qualia, economy, concept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users