Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Freedom of speech

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Hoody32

Hoody32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Is it possible that Americans become so offended by spoken words that it becomes a nation similar to the people who are offended by the mocking of the prophet Mohammad?

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

^^^ I think you mean "Prophet Muhammad"?

In answer to your question, I suppose, but it is not one of those problems that keeps me awake worrying at night.

Of course, at my age, practically nothing keeps me awake at night.  Even the daytime can be a struggle.  ;)

• Unity likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I really, really doubt it.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

bbanks1995

bbanks1995

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Is it possible that Americans become so offended by spoken words that it becomes a nation similar to the people who are offended by the mocking of the prophet Mohammad?

They also get offended by football players who sit quietly.
  • caltrek likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users