Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

SIGGRAPH podcast interview with Neurable’s Ramses Alcaide

BCI AI Machine Learning EEG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
http://blog.siggraph...-neurable.html/

He said the first gen version of their tech didn’t use neural nets, but that now that they’ve been able to collect brain data from 400 people per day at SIGGRAPH, they can use Deep Learning.

He also mentioned a non-invasive EEG device that fits in the ear, that has exactly the right characteristics they need to feed into their machine learning models. He imagines this will make Augmented Reality glasses a lot more useful — you’ll control them just using an EEG earpiece, and it’ll work with high accuracy. You’ll be able to type with your mind, move a virtual mouse, and open and close apps, among other things.

He said that all this sounds like 5 to 10 years away, but that, actually, it’s coming together a lot sooner than that. He compared the situation to the time 2 years before the arrival of the iPhone.
  • eacao and Casey like this

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
It makes no sense to move this here. There is a Soundcloud link in the site, but no video or images (other than the header image, which is irrelevant to the contents, and more there for decoration). I initially posted this is “news”, and thought about the computers and internet might be the best place; but it doesn’t quite fit. There needs to be a “wearable” section.

As to whether it’s “news”, I would say it is more that than “future science and technology”.
  • Yuli Ban likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I'll move it back there.

Speaking of "Wearables", the Transhumanism & Cybernetics News and Discussions thread is pretty much one of two "wearables" threads, especially for BCIs and EEG headsets. The other's the Virtual/Augmented Reality thread.

Though there is a defunct dedicated Wearable Technology thread. It's up to you if you wish to revive it.

• starspawn0 likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

starspawn0

starspawn0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

The Transhumanism thread does kind of match.  I overlooked it, as I was thinking "brain implants" and "prosthetic limb enhancement" when I saw it.  I will remember it for the next time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BCI, AI, Machine Learning, EEG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users