Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

About us

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Hey all,

I'm in the process of writing an "About us" section for the main website.

Just a little page, with a few paragraphs, basically defining who we are, and what this website is about.

So, what sort of things should I mention? How do we want to be defined? – "a worldwide community of futurology enthusiasts", perhaps?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome. The new site is now very, very close to being launched, btw. ;) :)

Thanks,

Will

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

a worldwide community of futurology enthusiasts

Yes, exactly. Nothing more. This should NOT include any clarifying definitions like "transhumanist... progressive... open-minded..." or something like that.

• Mike the average, Jakob and Erowind like this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I feel like it should be longer, but yeah keep it as general as possible

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Yeah, I want to avoid being political. It has to be neutral and welcoming to all.

• Jakob likes this

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

maybe an explanation of futurology.  explain that we do not purport to know the future, but only guess at it.

• wjfox, Jakob and Erowind like this

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
Maybe mention that the forum is represented by every inhabited continent on earth, pretty impressive considering how niche we are.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Maybe mention that the forum is represented by every inhabited continent on earth, pretty impressive considering how niche we are.

Most users are from Western Europe, North America and Oceania.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationArgentina

^ Although what we have is diversity of opinions. Maybe Wjfox could include that.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

Most users are from Western Europe, North America and Oceania.
Outlook is from Africa (Libya )

AWR is Korean.

CyberMisterBeauty and you are South American.
- Alexander McQueen

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationArgentina

It's true, but there are also places that aren't represented as Central America, Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and the Middle East

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

It's true, but there are also places that aren't represented as Central America, Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and the Middle East

Regions aren't continents.
- Alexander McQueen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users