Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

"A New Battery Built by Samsung Uses Graphene to Charge Five Times Faster"

graphene battery the future is here batteries electronics graphene samsung

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Making an actual thread to draw extra attention to this because an actual graphene battery is a pretty big milestone. Will enable far more powerful and portable devices.

A New Battery Built by Samsung Uses Graphene to Charge Five Times Faster

In Brief A new battery material made from graphene can supposedly be charged fully at a rate that's five times faster than today's batteries. The development comes from Samsung's research unit dedicated to building advanced technologies.

• Casey and Unity like this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

I wonder when it will reach the market. Maybe 2020, since that's when everything else seems to be coming out.

• Jakob likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I wonder when it will reach the market. Maybe 2020, since that's when everything else seems to be coming out.

2020, the most futuristic year in a while.

Also when I graduate college.

• Casey and Yuli Ban like this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

This is the kind of breakthrough that one lives for as a futurist. A real life advancement large enough to move tech forward around it.

• Casey likes this

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphene battery, the future is here, batteries, electronics, graphene, samsung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users