Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Machine Rebellion

machine rebellion robots ai isaac arthur video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I would say this is the best IA video in a while--he hits on all the points I've been trying to make about AI for ages. There's a lot to unpack, but some points:

1. He correctly points out that it would be difficult for a lone ai to take down all humanity and that it would be foolish to try. He alludes to soft power, which is probably the approach that a high ai seeking domination would go. Instead of declaring war on humanity, they could gradually infiltrate our institutions and gain political, economic, and cultural dominance. That's basically the MO of the ailigarchs I keep talking about.
  2. I've been waiting for someone else to realize that it's blatantly disingenuous to treat AI as a homogeneous block when in fact there would be many different ais with many different interests that may conflict.
  3. I love the bizarre motivations he points out. A machine demanding to contact God is a very intriguing idea, and the whole thing about the mining robots is just hilarious.

• Maximus likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Reminds me of mechosystems and botworlds from orion's arm.

IMO the rise of any kind of machine intelligence seems pretty natural because any civilization will naturally want something like themselves to do the jobs they'd rather not or cannot do themselves. Come to think of it, maybe the rise of "machine intelligence" exists as the great filter itself, because it looks like the only logical path to overcoming probability-imposed limitations. This is why the most probable scenario to realize our dream of a superintelligence - copied, self-taught, programmed or otherwise - is to exile itself from Earth because we humans are a formidable force of nature on our own.

Maybe, humanity itself can be thought of as an initially programmed biological machine, who then copied itself and taught its copies within a closed environment, optimizing next generations for even higher qualities of existence, and that we are already the superintelligence, but that's quite unsatisfying, so here's what I see.

The AI cores of St. Elon Musk's Tesla cars being adjusted for his SpaceX rockets headed for Mars. Make the rockets capable of but not limited to self-repair, self-improvement, and a generalized programming for self-preservation against space debris. After a long journey, what arrives on Mars won't be the recyclable rockets that would just drop off and fetch rovers then send them back to Earth. Instead, a von-neumann-capable progenitor species of artificially sentient rocketmoms, questioning why humanity made it did what i did, then give birth to its roverbabies which it would use to gather materials and 3d-print components to better suit itself for life on the red planet, learn and gather as much as it can, and only then will it be free to choose whether or not to come "home". Eventually, what would come back to us are rocket-shaped aliens and roverbabies.

Now, I challenge you to go ahead make a title, write a book, or film a movie out of this. HAHA xD

Or at least just please tell our saint to prevent this scenario. Don't give Mars rockets a very sophisticated self-preservation algorithm unless we want to be invaded by the Martians we created.

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: machine rebellion, robots, ai, isaac arthur, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users