Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will the Sentinelese ever stop being hostile?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
For those of you who don’t know, the Sentinelese are the last isolated stone-age tribe on the planet who live on North Sentinel island in the Indian Ocean. Being cut off from the rest of the world for 60,000 years, these people are fanatically devoted to their isolation, usually viciously attacking any outsider withou second though, regardless of intention.

Despite this, a select few peaceful contacts have been made as they are known to greatly value coconuts, who have been offered as gifts by lucky anthropologists to visit the shores of the island. Instances like this are the only times the tribe has never expresses ill-intent towards outsiders. What suggestions do you guys have for one day helping this people become less paranoid? Perhaps you could use drones to offer coconuts from the air is my suggestion.
  • Jakob likes this

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

For those of you who don’t know, the Sentinelese are the last isolated stone-age tribe on the planet who live on North Sentinel island in the Indian Ocean. Being cut off from the rest of the world for 60,000 years, these people are fanatically devoted to their isolation, usually viciously attacking any outsider withou second though, regardless of intention.

Despite this, a select few peaceful contacts have been made as they are known to greatly value coconuts, who have been offered as gifts by lucky anthropologists to visit the shores of the island. Instances like this are the only times the tribe has never expresses ill-intent towards outsiders. What suggestions do you guys have for one day helping this people become less paranoid? Perhaps you could use drones to offer coconuts from the air is my suggestion.

Drones, no matter what they're carrying, would probably scare them more than anything.  I think that they are fine how they are.  They now know that there is an outside world, and if they want to join us, let them, if they don't leave them be.

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.
I wish they sent some glass sphere with a camera inside it and recorder, all sterilized, so it can capture their confused faces. For research purposes of course.
  • Erowind likes this
Everything is predefined.

CoolGuy23

CoolGuy23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I wish they sent some glass sphere with a camera inside it and recorder, all sterilized, so it can capture their confused faces. For research purposes of course.

it would turn into the Liahona for them lol

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

I think that they are fine how they are. They now know that there is an outside world, and if they want to join us, let them, if they don't leave them be.

It's understandable to show concern that contact with civilization could be disastrous for a people like them (based on the often ugly history between countless indigenous tribes coming across European colonizers), but there's at least got to be some way for them to figure out that just because someone is an outsider =/= they come with hostile intent. 

• rennerpetey likes this

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

I think that they are fine how they are. They now know that there is an outside world, and if they want to join us, let them, if they don't leave them be.

It's understandable to show concern that contact with civilization could be disastrous for a people like them (based on the often ugly history between countless indigenous tribes coming across European colonizers), but there's at least got to be some way for them to figure out that just because someone is an outsider =/= they come with hostile intent. 

A large portion of our society doesn't understand that, what makes you think we can make a bunch of isolated natives believe it. 

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users