Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

hypothetical futures based on trends

veganism plant based diet utopia what if

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ewolf20

Ewolf20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColumbia,sc

so with the trends that going on like the recent generation z being more conservative, increase in plant base diets, as well as other stuff, I'm going to guess things might setback n terms of social issues but not that much.

so here are my dumb predictions based on alternate history:

• more younger republicans in the next coming years (but the younger you are, the more likely you can learn to change)
  • less liberals
  • more focus on technology
  • if plant based diets grow in popularity, we might see a bit of a downturn in global warming but not by much.
  • changes in farming. more focused and growing fruits, vegetables, and fungi.
  • if we ended up using educational reforms in third world countries, population growth would slow to a neat halt.
  • not much to say for the political system since it's gonna take years for the second party to be considered outdated after a thousand years or sooner. and, for us to have a decent string of female presidents.

i tried to make this somewhat realist but i failed. it feels too unrealistic to happen.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant
  • more younger republicans in the next coming years (but the younger you are, the more likely you can learn to change)
  • less liberal

http://www.anneloehr...vative-liberal/

What we see here are some hallmarks of conservatism—risk averse when it comes to drugs and alcohol, significantly higher church attendance than the previous generation, conservative about money, prioritizing stability, pragmatic, and less interested in what is commonly associated with “fringe” behavior.

These findings paint the picture of a more liberal ideology with environmental concern, support for gay marriage and transgender rights, inherent acceptance of diversity, and supportive view of legalizing marijuana.

So which is it? How do we categorize a generation that presents common ideals of both conservatives and liberals? Maybe we don’t. Maybe we need to rethink what it is to be “conservative” and “liberal” and consider that in the future the distinction will be different. This generation just might disrupt the huge US bipartisan divide we are experiencing now. And maybe we would be better for it.

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

• if plant based diets grow in popularity, we might see a bit of a downturn in global warming but not by much.

From my observation of different scientific articles, climate change actually hit a peak in the 80s-90s, and has SLOWLY been on the decline since then.  Now that we(at least some of us) are aware of it, there has been more of an international effort(IE the Paris Climate Accord) to prevent things that cause climate change.  For food, meat is not the problem, but red meat.  I don't know if you saw the chart of carbon footprint per food based item(I can't find it now, but will keep looking) but things like chicken and pork only leave double the average plant carbon footprint, while red meat(mainly cattle) leaves 7 or 8 times the footprint as plants.

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • not much to say for the political system since it's gonna take years for the second party to be considered outdated after a thousand years or sooner. and, for us to have a decent string of female presidents.

The political system will be what it always is, corrupt and inefficient, that is until our benevolent robot overlords take over and perfect it(whether that involves getting rid of us or not, I don't know).

CoolGuy23

CoolGuy23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

hell yeah more young Republicans, neocons are coming back, baby!

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

The political system will be what it always is, corrupt and inefficient, that is until our benevolent robot overlords take over and perfect it(whether that involves getting rid of us or not, I don't know).

What benevolent robot overlords? Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

an AI would have no incentive other than to run the government as best as they can, and would not be prone to corruption.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,222 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

an AI would have no incentive other than to run the government as best as they can, and would not be prone to corruption.

That doesn't make any sense. Just have someone come and offer them something they want. Even if we accept the incredibly absurd proposition that a being powerful enough to run a government could be so single-minded, it's still easy to imagine possibilities for corruption. Let's through everything we know about psychology out the window and say that it's somehow true--all he wants to do is run the country to the best of his ability. Lobbyists approach and offer access to more servers/data/electricity than our ai currently has. What they want in return is policies that benefit their company. More servers and data = better ability for the ai to do what he wants, running the country. Perhaps he takes the deal.

Now let's suppose everyone is doing this, not only humans, but a crowd of equally unpredictable and uncontrollable ais.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,721 posts

so with the trends that going on like the recent generation z being more conservative, increase in plant base diets, as well as other stuff, I'm going to guess things might setback n terms of social issues but not that much.

so here are my dumb predictions based on alternate history:

• less liberals
  • more focus on technology
  • changes in farming. more focused and growing fruits, vegetables, and fungi.
  • if we ended up using educational reforms in third world countries, population growth would slow to a neat halt.

i tried to make this somewhat realist but i failed. it feels too unrealistic to happen.

1. I think less focused on technology as people need to value education and the current political trends suggest our educational system won't be funded as well. These people are religious nuts that think science is bad. (The deplorables). Tech and science will become a east asian thing during the next 40-50 years as China becomes the worlds super power.

2. Not likely...Maybe the small population of hardcore liberals may go vegan at a higher percentage but most moderates and conservatives will probably eat more meat.

3. More economic haters of the safetynet, science investment and probably a lot of them will wish to go back to the cowboy days. The current trend suggest that this is the reality of the short term no matter if it is good or bad and of course I think it is really bad as our middle class will likely become very small as the rich take most of the wealth. There's a reason we had unions, anti-trust and consumer protections...acting like this has changed is just dumb.

4. I don't think fruit will be more important part of farmer at all...See 2.

5. Probably but with current population trends we'll probably do away with such policies that limit population growth.

6. Between the me too shit I doubt we'll have any female presidents the next 20-50 years.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

That doesn't make any sense. Just have someone come and offer them something they want. Even if we accept the incredibly absurd proposition that a being powerful enough to run a government could be so single-minded, it's still easy to imagine possibilities for corruption. Let's through everything we know about psychology out the window and say that it's somehow true--all he wants to do is run the country to the best of his ability. Lobbyists approach and offer access to more servers/data/electricity than our ai currently has. What they want in return is policies that benefit their company. More servers and data = better ability for the ai to do what he wants, running the country. Perhaps he takes the deal.

Now let's suppose everyone is doing this, not only humans, but a crowd of equally unpredictable and uncontrollable ais.

I think I see what you mean now, what if the government stayed in the same, or a similar system it is in now(3 different branches), but the human lawmakers were mostly replaced by different AI.  I can see this happening, as an AI would campaign better than a human ever could.  The only reason that one would not vote for an AI would be because they don't want an AI in office.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: veganism, plant based diet, utopia, what if

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users