Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Obesity in ancient times

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

How common was obesity in ancient times, centuries and thousands of years ago?If you think logically, obesity should be quite rare since most people had a very active physical life because they used to do a lot of physical work and people didn't used to eat so much as people eat nowadays.Food in ancient times was also much healthier, as it wasn't processed and it hadn't so much fat, sugar and sodium as most food nowadays have(And more important food was natural).So even if the average person used to eat a lot in ancient times, most of them wouldn't end up overweight or obese due to their active physical lifestyle, as they weren't so sedentary as nowadays.

There are some exemple of obese people in ancient times.People say that the emperor Nero was very fat and Napoleon was very fat too(even if that's true).Are there another exemples as well?

Another thing, was gynecomastia also rare in ancient times as well as big breasted women as many people say that most women were flat chested in those times?

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

How common was obesity in ancient times

As far as i know, among Arab men obesity considered as sign of social success. I suspect this was more common in the ancient times.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
Well, among my arab men, they don't consider obesity good. Unless making fun of fat people is good. Chubby, maybe, but obesity, no.

In the past, the highers on the social heirarchy would fat, and it was considered a trait of prestige but at the same time, a trait of gluttony.

The Prophet (saw) said: He who does not thank the people is not thankful to Allah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users