Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

2018 US House of Representatives Election

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

Fighting Corporations since 2020

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

I looked and didn't see a thread on this, correct me if i'm wrong.

Rep. Darrell Issa to retire, handing Democrats another big pick-up opportunity in California

Washington (CNN) - California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa will retire at the end of his term, he announced Wednesday.

Issa, one of the wealthiest members of Congress and among the best-known due to his reputation as a conservative attack dog, is bowing out of what would have been one of the nation's most hotly contested congressional races.

"Throughout my service, I worked hard and never lost sight of the people our government is supposed to serve. Yet with the support of my family, I have decided that I will not seek re-election in California's 49th District," Issa said in a statement Wednesday.

People forget that the house can be just as important as the Senate, and Democrats have a real chance at taking back the house.

John Lennon dares you to make sense of this

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

People forget that the house can be just as important as the Senate, and Democrats have a real chance at taking back the house.

I really doubt that, the Republicans have a lead of nearly fifty (!) seats. At worst, the Democrats might narrow the gap and put themselves in a position to take the House in 2020.

Perhaps we should just have a 2018 elections thread though?

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

Fighting Corporations since 2020

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

I really doubt that, the Republicans have a lead of nearly fifty (!) seats. At worst, the Democrats might narrow the gap and put themselves in a position to take the House in 2020.

yes, they may have a lead not, but every single seat out of 435 seats are up for re-election every election cycle.  If the Trump backlash is strong enough, I would say that the Democrats definitely have a chance.

John Lennon dares you to make sense of this

Spoiler

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

There is this thread which has a lot of focus on the 2018 race for the House of Representatives:

http://www.futuretim...epresentatives/

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 8,241 posts

Darell Issa retiring is great news! We democrats have a great chance at taking that seat.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,460 posts
  • LocationLondon

US House Speaker Paul Ryan to quit in blow to Republicans

US House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan will not run for re-election this year, in a big blow to Republicans ahead of autumn's mid-term elections.

A spokesman for Congress' most powerful lawmaker confirmed he would not stand for another term in his Wisconsin district this November.

Republicans are already facing a tough challenge from Democrats to retain control of Congress' lower chamber.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-43729218

_100808608_ryans.jpg

• caltrek likes this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 8,241 posts

COOK POLITICAL: 7 more House Races shift towards Democrats
Speaker Paul Ryan's retirement plans could complicate the House GOP's fundraising math. In 2017, Ryan's joint fundraising committee brought in $44 million and transferred $32 million to the NRCC. His exit could leave GOP donors skittish. But even before last week, Democratic donors had been demonstrating far more enthusiasm on a race-by-race basis, a fact reflected in the newest House fundraising reports.

The newest FEC filings spell danger for Republicans. In the most recent fundraising period, Democrats outraised Republicans in at least 60 GOP-held seats, more than twice the 23 seats Democrats need for a majority. Meanwhile, the reverse is true in just five Democratic-held seats. That's going to force the NRCC and Congressional Leadership Fund to bail out a lot of cash-strapped GOP candidates come the fall.

Ratings Changes:
AZ-08: VACANT (Franks) | Solid R to Likely R
AR-02: Hill | Likely R to Lean R
IL-14: Hultgren | Likely R to Lean R
MI-01: Bergman | Solid R to Likely R
OH-14: Joyce | Solid R to Likely R
SC-05: Norman | Solid R to Likely R
VA-05: Garrett | Likely R to Lean R

http://cookpolitical...ges-7-districts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users