Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Modern humans left Africa much earlier

africa humans prehistory prehistoric ancient

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationLondon

Modern humans left Africa much earlier

Researchers have identified the remains of the earliest known modern humans to have left Africa.

New dating of fossils from Israel indicates that our species (Homo sapiens) lived outside Africa around 185,000 years ago, some 80,000 years earlier than the previous evidence.

Details appear in the journal Science.

The co-lead researcher, Prof Israel Hershkovitz, told BBC News that the discovery would fundamentally alter ideas of recent human evolution.

"We have to rewrite the whole story of human evolution, not just for our own species but all the other species that lived outside of Africa at the time," the researcher, from Tel Aviv University, explained.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-42817323

_99751923_b6843f20-7a65-4081-9763-f58440

• Time_Traveller, Zaphod and eacao like this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California August 1st 1906 C.E.

I always like things like this which changes the past of mankind.

• eacao likes this
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: africa, humans, prehistory, prehistoric, ancient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users