Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Baby bird fossil is 'rarest of the rare'

Priimitive baby bird Fossil Dinosaur 127 million years ago Enantiornithine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

5 March 2018

_100255785_reconstruction.jpg

Scientists have unveiled one of the smallest bird fossils ever discovered.

The chick lived 127 million years ago and belonged to a group of primitive birds that shared the planet with the dinosaurs.

Fossils of birds from this time period are rare, with baby fossils seen as "the rarest of the rare".

Scientists say the discovery gives a peek into the lives of the ancient, long-extinct birds that lived between 250 and 66 million years ago.

The bird belonged to the enantiornithine family, most of which had teeth and clawed fingers on each wing, but otherwise looked much like modern birds.

"It's amazing to realise that many of the features we see among living birds had already been developed more than 100 million years ago," said Luis Chiappe, from the LA Museum of Natural History.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-43249509

• BasilBerylium likes this

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

5 March 2018

The bird belonged to the enantiornithine family, most of which had teeth and clawed fingers on each wing, but otherwise looked much like modern birds.

Didn't a lot of dinosaurs look like dirbs with claws and teeth though.

All birds are dinosaurs and I love em, this is an awesome discovery. Sweet fossilized babies

• Time_Traveller likes this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

5 March 2018

Didn't a lot of dinosaurs look like dirbs with claws and teeth though.

All birds are dinosaurs and I love em, this is an awesome discovery. Sweet fossilized babies

I guess, technically, we walk among dinosaurs. :)

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Priimitive baby bird, Fossil, Dinosaur, 127 million years ago, Enantiornithine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users