Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Rob Reid: The $8 billion iPod

TED copyrights

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Awesome Copyright Math:
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday
What???An ipod that costs $8 billion?!!!!How absurd and crazy!!!Are you millionaire,Craven?Would you pay for it?I never...

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Have you seen the vid?
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • 3,470 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
^Apparently -_-

Honestly this copyright stuff is stupid.

When someone pirates software its because they can't afford it! Therefore, they wouldn't have bought it anyway they (companies) are not loosing anything they just aren't gaining as much as they feel they should.

I know morally that pirating software is wrong, but when I want new songs and new games, I always would prefer to buy them legally. Its easier, doesn't take up as much space on the hard drive, feels nice to have a physical copy and you get all the online benefits. That being said, pretty much everyone else feels this way, so if someone could afford to buy one of whatever they are pirating, they would. That is why this can "hurt" the economy, and not do any damage.

No one printed that pirated book, burned the expensive CDs and packaged them into plastic containers filled with dead trees that no one reads. Its not hurting anyone and the market still makes a crap-load of money off of entertainment. More of it is being bought now than has been bought before.

Edited by SG-1, 16 March 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

themethod

themethod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

^Apparently -_-

Honestly this copyright stuff is stupid.

When someone pirates software its because they can't afford it! Therefore, they wouldn't have bought it anyway they (companies) are not loosing anything they just aren't gaining as much as they feel they should.

as much as I am for piracy, I must say that this affirmation is absurd

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationAustralia
great presentation. How much do you think that iPod would fetch on the black market?

"Only take advice from people who have what you want"
"You wouldn't worry so much about what people think of you, if you realised how seldom they do" - Eleanor Roosevelt
"To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often" - Winston Churchill

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TED, copyrights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users