Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

My Animated Flash Series, set in 1,002,010 A.D.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

EDIT: This is all very dated info. Some of it is relevant but a lot of it isn't.

About 2 years ago I started working on a sci-fi Flash series called EVolution. I just posted this because I want to know what you guys think and I want feedback on its lore.

It follows the time-travelling exploits of a highly-evolved man from the far, FAR, FAR future named Xleek, and two "modern" humans that he abducted earlier on. I have the whole history of humanity from now until then planned out on paper, but long story short, things get bad for us, then they get worse, then they get awesome, then they get flat-out strange.

This website and forum played a huge role in planning out the technologies these people use. At first I didn't really know where to start, all I knew about these strange future people was that "their technology is Sufficiently Advanced and they appear to us like aliens with flying saucers".

Now their background is much more fleshed out. What remains of humanity are actually fetus-like things with huge brains (neoteny has had a crippling effect on their biology). They are first enhanced with cybernetics and AI, and then are kept inside INCREDIBLY powerful shells of nanotechnology that (usually) take the form of short, gray, humanoids with large craniums and eyes. Their 'humanity' or 'souls' are kept intact through all of this.

CYBGl.jpg

Their society is a caste-based system. Your role in this society determines your level of artificial enhancement. The lowest of the castes, like Drones, have rudimentary AI and artificial bodies specifically adapted to their designated tasks, while the Universal Triumverate have god-like AI and are vast, intangible entities with no need for physical bodies.

They've colonized most of the known universe (yes, they are more than capable of extragalactic travel and perform it on a daily basis) due to Quantum Blink technology, which can take you anywhere you want instantaneously. Computer science as a field has been obsolete for hundreds of thousands of years. The Milky Way galaxy has been transformed into the first Glactic Hive-Mind, each planet being a 'neuron' in its great brain.

These are just a few examples of their technology. If you guys are interested I'll make a post on the events that took place in the million years leading up to this time.

EDIT: working on the timeline post now.

• eacao and SG-1 like this

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
That is awesome! You should try and upload yo YouTube too, easier controls. I watched the pilot and the first three episodes.
I would be very interested in seeing the timeline you came up with. Also, do you have some kind of story that you have written out yet? The background information is nice too, I don't want any spoilers though haha

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

That is awesome! You should try and upload yo YouTube too, easier controls. I watched the pilot and the first three episodes.
I would be very interested in seeing the timeline you came up with. Also, do you have some kind of story that you have written out yet? The background information is nice too, I don't want any spoilers though haha

Very well, I may make another post about the timeline (when I have the time) but for right now I'll just disclose some of the story that's relevant to the series. So, Xleek is a 'Normal', humanoid, Greyman. He was in charge of stocks, but lost his job after the stock market crashed in 1002008 (parallels). He turns to socialized financial aid for help, but that doesn't help, so he finds a job as a test subject for highly experimental technology for Scientist Trox. Among this technology is the Fluxx Capacitor (tsk), which allows for time manipulation. He uses it to abduct two of his ancestors, Brian Albertson (the modern guy) and Meredith the Beetcropper (the medieval peasant). Trox is angry at Xleek for this, because that detour wasn't part of the plan, but Xleek wants to keep them around for company and study, so Trox lets them stay.
Xleek begins his first test with a Monolith, which boosts the Homo Erectus' intelligence and setting the evolution of the human brain in motion. Meredith screws with the controls and they end up in an 'intermediate' era in the future.

That's all that's happened so far. All I can say is, over time, they make enemies and friends, piss off the creators of the universe by consistently disobeying the laws of physics, and accidentally create a hive-minded, nigh-unstoppable horde of alien locusts that were paradoxically always there. Time-travel shenanigans!

With this series I aim to introduce fairly new-ish science fiction concepts, while parodying existing conventions.

Edited by EVanimations, 11 April 2012 - 03:10 AM.

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
That's really impressive. Way more than I get up to anyway. :victory:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationWales
I genuinely enjoyed watching through those! Looking forward to seeing more :)

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, USA, 1st March 2060 CE
I really enjoyed watching these and hope there going to me more.
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Immortal

Immortal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Great work ! looking forward to the next episode :)

Kynareth

Kynareth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPoland
Your show is truly exciting and funny, hoping next episode is approaching. Personally I prefer longer(more than 5 min) episodes, that's just a suggestion.

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
When is your next video?

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
I don't know. These things are pretty time-consuming to make. The last one took a month, but that's because I was pressed for time. My copy of Flash was on trial at the time and it's since expired, so now I'm trying to put the trial on loop. Once I get that done, however, it should be a piece of cake if homework, classes, work, and life in general don't intervene.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
Thanks for making these. This is some legit work. :)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
Yes, thanks. I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to make a video. Hopefully you find time to finish them since they are so good.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
Well I guess those who are interested in my series would be pleased to know that my next installment is making great progress!

I can't know when you guys can expect it, but you should know that it's at least coming along steadily.

Enjoy a screenshot.

Yes.

Posted Image

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationBerlin
Awesome. Kudos to you, for tackling such a huge project. Personally, I lack the stamina to really go through with things like these (I don't do movies, I write sometimes...) and after some time, I quit my projects =/ I am looking forward to the episodes to come :)

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
Allow me to once again direct your attention to ME, SELF-PROMOTIONAL EVAN!

I have a progress screenshot for you and it's not bad!

For real though, I just want some opinions from my fellow futurists on the design aesthetic I'm going for. I really hope humans could begin building like this in my lifetime.

Posted Image

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
You have a completely different idea of what the future will look like than I do. You have dark colors and curvy features, I imagine the future to be white, black and silver with lots of glass and sharp edges.

I do like it though, I can't imagine what people will be building in the far future. The picture I have in my mind is probably what it will look like in the short term, thanks to Apple and sharper looking gadgets.

I think it looks good though. It makes you think that humanity is so advanced that it is completely alien to us.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,281 posts
  • LocationRome/London

Allow me to once again direct your attention to ME, SELF-PROMOTIONAL EVAN!

I have a progress screenshot for you and it's not bad!

For real though, I just want some opinions from my fellow futurists on the design aesthetic I'm going for. I really hope humans could begin building like this in my lifetime.

Posted Image

it seems pretty good

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
I figured you guys would enjoy this little screenshot.

What do you think?
Posted Image

In other news, the animatic is almost complete. I'm hoping to get this flash done by mid- December.

Edited by EVanimations, 18 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,281 posts
  • LocationRome/London
One remembers me Mr. Bison from Street Fighter II

Posted Image

I like your design ))) I hope you have time for my logo now ;)

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
Never played Street Fighter.

I would tell you more about him but it would spoil a lot.

I'll just leave this.

Posted Image

And this.

Posted Image

I like these hats.

Edited by EVanimations, 19 November 2012 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users