Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The last movie you watched?

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

The Surrogates

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Starship Troopers amazing how so many so called film "critics" didn't get it and thought it was a dumb action movie .  :banghead:  Rather than a satire of war movies and of a pro war jingoistic society.

8/10

Posted Image

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

^ definitely ahead of its time. Fits in nicely with Dr. Horrible, etc.

DanielofFutureLondon

DanielofFutureLondon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug two weeks ago. City (can't remember exactly what it was called) looked quite gorgeous, very Germanic/Polish-looking village, action scenes were great, female elf and elves generally were quite sublime-looking & attractive, although the best bit by far was the scene involving the huge dragon called Smaug. Very monstrous and evil-looking,

It also had a scene at the end involving molten gold which I won't spoil further ( and voiced by the silky, Byronesque voice of our own Benedict Cumberbatch, no less, you have not heard what posh British voices are capable of till you hear his one, at least.... :p)

Edit: damn, forgot to add some words without which one of the sentences didn't quite make sense, all fixed now though

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

CY: 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
Toy Story 3 made its TV premiere today, and I hadn't seen it, so I watched that today. :)
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some great movies on TV for Christmas viewing :) (plus Doctor Who of course, which was amazing!)

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

thecrazycelt

thecrazycelt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Starship Troopers amazing how so many so called film "critics" didn't get it and thought it was a dumb action movie .  :banghead:  Rather than a satire of war movies and of a pro war jingoistic society.

8/10

Posted Image

Movie was cool, book was awesome...

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • LocationGloucester, England, October 7th 2025 CE.

Posted Image

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

ConorT99

ConorT99

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationIreland
The last film I watched was either District 9 or The Social Network. Forget which as I watched them on after the other.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users