Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Resurrecting the dead / Mind uploading

resurrection nanobots mind uploading

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I've always wondered how we are going to wake up a frozen dead person.

Assuming that we can unfreeze a person with no crystallization damage or we find a way to use nanobots to do it, we will be dead. What makes us think that some day we will be able to wake a dead person?

Dead isn't as cut and dry as we like to believe. Heart stoppage? still alive. in fact cut off the head and do a futurerama style head in a jar, still alive. Just a brain in the jar with no senses, still alive. In a coma, still alive. Vegetative state???

If you could boot up the brain again by replacing damage until it's completely capable of functioning and jumping it's activity. If you could scan and decode a frozen brain for all memories and patterns of thinking it would have used and build replacements for all the parts that would need them. Then rebuild a body with cause of death fixed, and start it all running. Who says that's not reviving a near death like somebody whose heart has stopped or bringing somebody back from a perminant veggitative state?
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Brain death. As of now we have no way of unfreezing a brain and keeping it alive. In the future maybe it will be possible. I'm not so sure about those cryognenically preserved today will make it to the future. Using other methods that don't involve freezing it may be possible.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Could it be?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
I have this thing called loopkill...
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,766 posts

All you'd have to do is send a swarm of nanobots into the past

Is that all? :lol:

So even assuming time travel into the past was possible and people agreed to this idea of bringing back the dead, over a hundred billion humans [1.] have walked the face of this planet, where you going to put all these resurrected people? Or are you going to pick and choose who gets to come back?

I'd bring back men like Newton, etc. People that would advance humanity if brought back.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

Bump for a thread I'm making in the intro subforum.

Everything is predefined.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resurrection, nanobots, mind uploading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users