Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Year 2060: Education Predictions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts
  • LocationLondon

• Italian Ufo and Zeitgeist123 like this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,347 posts
I hope they will increase our wage lol
The Polar Bears of this world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites.
- Italian Ufo-

A Polar Bear's liver contains enough vitamin A to kill A grown human.

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationGermany
Nice vid, hopefully it's changing in the way he predicts.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam

Thought this was appropriate:

Posted Image

• wjfox, H3llion and StanleyAlexander like this
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 4,585 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I support the idea of a world where our basic necessities are provided for free (via automation) and we learn advanced concepts (any subject we want to master) on our own pace if we wish to obtain more "exotic" assets or entertainment.

I strongly think this will be in our future, if not exactly sure when it's going to come in full circle.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

I think (I should say I hope) that education will move away from learning concepts and toward critical thinking and creativity.  Learning the "required material" for a history course no longer makes sense when it's all available online.  The existing educational status quo cannot possibly reform quickly enough.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 4,585 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
I think (I should say I hope) that education will move away from learning concepts and toward critical thinking and creativity.  Learning the "required material" for a history course no longer makes sense when it's all available online.  The existing educational status quo cannot possibly reform quickly enough.

The process of learning new "concepts" will become obsolete. It will be automatic. But that won't be valuable by itself... the next challenge will be using the existing knowledge we gained automatically to come up with new concepts that have not existed before. So, yeah, in other words, critical thinking and creativity will be vastly more valuable in a post-singularity world. We will come up with ways to dramatically enhance critical thinking and creativity, so much that Leonardo Da Vinci will seem like a snail that has no idea of the higher plane of existence.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

^ hell yeah.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

School sucks. I like the 2060 prediction because it means school will no longer suck. It means that future generations of children won't have to suffer as did we.

Edited by Casey, 05 January 2013 - 12:57 AM.

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

These type of school will be available only to the rich, and not to the "poor". Rich people are going to get richer and poor will be poorer. Why do people expect that singularity will happen in our lifetime(I don't think that will ever happen). You need basic knowledge to understand so that you can go to more advance things. You need to learn to crawl before you can walk.

Here is the next generation of rich people

http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/

Now can you tell me that there is hope

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

there is hope. :)

money won't always mean what it means now.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
Now can you tell me that there is hope

Sure. The only thing that link proves is that there's a sizable demographic of stupid and immature people, just like there's always been. While that one caveman who discovered fire however many thousand years ago was busy doing important things such as that, there were probably dozens of other cavemen back home wasting time by jousting with wooly mammoth bones. I don't think the current generation is worse than most others that we've cycled through throughout history; they're probably above average if anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users