Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

New contender for oldest dinosaur

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts
  • LocationLondon
New contender for oldest dinosaur

Palaeontologists have found what is likely to be the oldest known dinosaur, filling in a yawning evolutionary gap.

A study in Biology Letters describes Nyasasaurus parringtoni, a new species from 10-15 million years before the previous earliest dinosaur specimens.

It walked on two legs, measured 2-3m in length with a large tail and weighed between 20 and 60kg.

The find suggests that many millions of years passed between dinosaurs' first members and their dominance on land.

"It fills a gap between what we previously knew to be the oldest dinosaurs and their other closest relatives," report co-author Paul Barrett, of the Natural History Museum in London, told BBC News.

"There was this big gap in the fossil record where dinosaurs should've been present and this fossil neatly fills that gap."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20594147

Posted Image

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond
I thought euparkarea was the oldest dinosaur-like lizard, and herrerosaurus and prosauropods evolved from that? Huh. Very interesting though.

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users