Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What happned to hippies ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London
They were so stong in the 60s 70s and early 80s
now you hardly see them.
In italy they are not longer popular, i went to the official page of the italian hippies and it counts only about 300 members. why the movment declined? anyone one knows precisely? i' d like to hear personal opinions.

Also do you think some sort of hippies will retunr in the future? (i know this is a section for the past).

I think that hippies should be included in the past timeline.

Posted Image
http://www.crystalin...woodstock69.jpg
Posted Image

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond
It's a generational thing.
Hippies are old. Seeing as they were born during the mid-40's after WWII and came of age during the '60's, a lot of them are at least 10 years older than my dad.
Other movements have come along to replace them. The "rise of the nones" is a growing movement, and for the first time in history the religiously unaffiliated group is becoming a major force to be reckoned with, at least in America.

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, New Jersey, US
Which is also why a lot went conservative and abandoned it as they got older. My sister's godfather who's now 70 was a bit into the hippie movement but now today he's a pretty hardcore conservative. The war on drugs, rise of the Reagan and Thatcher Era, falling welfare support, scandalous presidents, and morphing into the consumerist culture of the 80s changed all of that.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London
I dont understand why in the contemporary world we don't have a similar movment who talks about a social revolution.
A world free of money, laws who uses science as a tool to improve humanity...
really as an anthropologist i am heavely questioning myself. why no one really orginize a movement that calls for a better world? and anyway why hippies couldnt exhist today..i know it s generationaly but why in modern society they dont longer have a place.

the last hippie movment i been was in the state of NY in 2001. it was called the winter hawk and i had a great time..
lots of love, children, hugs , money were not allowed inside you had some stones that you had to buy at the beggining before you entred in the park..
it was on this huge valley in the state of NY it was awesome...
only dissapointment was to see some people going heavey on drugs..

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London

Which is also why a lot went conservative and abandoned it as they got older. My sister's godfather who's now 70 was a bit into the hippie movement but now today he's a pretty hardcore conservative. The war on drugs, rise of the Reagan and Thatcher Era, falling welfare support, scandalous presidents, and morphing into the consumerist culture of the 80s changed all of that.

yes i am sure many of them are big capitalist today...

the sad part is that we all give up for a better world...

i am watching a movie right now who takes place in the early 1970s..young people are represented to be full of ideas...
honestly in such a world i would be a big dreamer...

but what about today? what we dream of exactly? what our society really dreams of ?

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Our generation is generation of rationality and reason

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Our generation is generation of rationality and reason

Oh if only that was true...
  • Italian Ufo and Cody930 like this
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London
I think i would indentify myself in a movment like that now days..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users