Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Gay marriage: Religious 'opt-in' offered, but not to CofE

Gay marriage CofE Church in Wales Religion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
The Church of England and Church in Wales will be banned in law from offering same-sex marriages, the government has announced. The plans are due to be introduced before the next election, in 2015. From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20680924 The government are getting on with it and basically tells The CofE and Church in Wales your banned from this.
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Judge attacks gay marriage plan

Ministers are pursuing the "wrong policy" on gay marriage, and should be focusing on family breakdown, a High Court judge has said.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20842884

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

hellgorama

hellgorama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I'm against gay marriage, but not for religious reasons. I don;t want gay and lesbian marriage to fall prey to the corrupt money hungry marriage/divorce industry like heterosexual marriage did. Lets face it, thx to deteriorating relations between men and women, traditional marriage is going down the pipe. Less marriages means less divorces means less need for divorce lawyers, family court judges, marriage counselors, wedding planners, attorneys, police officers (responding to DV cases between husband and wife), relationship experts and dating services. So they need a new market to make money from. The rising trend of homosexuality provides them the perfect opportunity to once again profit from marriage and divorces (but this time between same-sex partners).

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

Marriage as an institution is indeed decreasing in popularity, particularly in developed countries.  I don't think it's because of deteriorating relations between men and women so much as it is because of the increased isolation of the individual, though.

I do see the issue of gay marriage in mostly practical, financial terms.  Gay couples should be able to take advantage of the tax benefits and adoption rights offered to married couples.

Marriage has definitely seen a lot of commercialization (perversion, some would say), but c'est la vie.  If there's money to be made, someone will make it.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gay marriage, CofE, Church in Wales, Religion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users