Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The Rise and Fall of the Ottoman Empire

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London
Thats how Islam got into the Balkans. The Turks made the problem and then lelt.
This is what eventually made the big mess.
Anyway I have been to Istanbul several times and I am impressed with the Ottoman architecture.

BgKnight

BgKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This is a very soar conversation piece for anyone in the Balkans, including myself. Sadly, people in the balkans can't make the distinction between the Ottoman Empire and the Turkish republic, and we hate the Turks for it. I am Bulgarian and I can vouch that everyone in this peninsula hates everyone else, the cultural revanchism is the norm in the Balkans. 

Not that I am all about friendship and happiness, like i support a unification of the Balkans, but things like Macedonians stealing historical information from left and right and claiming its theirs and prosecuting Bulgarians and Serbs, kind of bugs me. 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London

I want to be precise on one more thing...about Islam in the Balkans especially in Bosnia and Croatia and Macedonia...

There had been relations between Turks and Bosnians in pre-Ottoman Era as well. The Bektashi Fathers (Islamic religious order) were the first to visit the region before the warriors and it is very well known how local Bosnians were hospitable for those heartfelt visitors. It is even argued that, that relationship between Bektashis and Bosnians made it to easier to occupy this are by the Ottomans

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • LocationRome/London

Thats an intresting documentary about Turkey to be watched

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users