Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Futurnative

future tech technology alternatives thinking reasoning text

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

8Gaston8

8Gaston8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I just thought I could share my recent blog with you.

It's called Futurnative and is all about Future Alternatives to today's technologies and habits.

I hope it will appeal to your interests!

You may consult it here: http://futurnative.tumblr.com/

If you want to comment on it and be more pro-active, you can add it to one of your Google+ circles:

https://plus.google....606035635/posts

Thank you very much! ;)

• StanleyAlexander likes this

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

Welcome!  I like your ideas, they're well presented and the implications well considered.

The idea behind the ink or pixel will always remain, only now its freedom is extended virtually. The virtualisation of ideas, and the abandoning of their old physical selves, is slowly building a new state for the thinking mind.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

Practical Mind

Practical Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationAustralia

A very interesting blog, but why did you have to make the discussion such a pain? 

Facebook / G+ comments are not suitable for longer, in-depth discussions. 

8Gaston8

8Gaston8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

I know it's a bit limited right now for discussion...I thought G+ could be a good place to start though.

Do you have any suggestions?

Practical Mind

Practical Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Thanks, 8Gaston8. Personally, I am more comfortable with a forum or a thread in a forum. This forum, BTW, could be a great venue. You can post links to your Tumblr posts and open discussions. 

H3llion

H3llion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUnder your Desk

Nice. If you are looking for proper discussions then I recommend getting a domain/host and get phpBB3 (powerful free forum). If you need help setting that up I can always help if you wish (for free of course).

But as above said, maybe bring this over here, if not maybe some sort of linkback / partnership if you decide to get a proper website/forum and it gets popular (partnership/linkback between FTL and your site), but of course that is something that needs to be discussed over with the Admins heh ^^

Edited by H3llion, 01 January 2013 - 04:22 AM.

8Gaston8

8Gaston8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks to both of you.
I might start posting some of my posts as topics here then! :)

I am also looking into the website option. I have a few ideas already so I wont need your help right now H3llion, but I might in the future! (thanks!)
Another thing, i'd really like to find someone who could create illustrations to go with my articles! Maybe drawings would be cool...futuristic of course but not too modern in style. I love beautiful book covers like those: 

http://www.google.fr...iw=1440&bih=828

Maybe something like that.

Do you know anyone who would do it for free? (or at least find me some good images which are copyright free)

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

There's a member of this forum called EVanimations who I think does illustrations, you should talk to him

Humanity's destiny is infinity

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Whuzzat? Oh hello! I'll be willing to illustrate for your blog if you approve of my styles and talents. Great stuff, by the way. Kudos!

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future, tech, technology, alternatives, thinking, reasoning, text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users