Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

50 years of the UK in space

50 years UK Space

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,354 posts
  • LocationJupiter Station, June 1st 2500 C.E.

From swirling star formations deep in the cosmos, to sat-nav in cars and the daily weather forecast, the UK has played an significant role in space exploration and technology over the past 50 years. And it is big business - with the UK space industry worth more than £9bn a year.

Or see the BBC's version at http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20691288

Nice piece of Space History for the members.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Where the England is going politically and economically they won't be able to afford it

Demo

Demo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Are you talking about the possible breakup of Great Britain, or do you mean the UK pretending it will leave the EU?

Thats a fascinating video, I never knew we had so much involvement in space. It's still not enough though, more I say!

Edited by demo, 30 December 2012 - 04:56 AM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationUtah, Logan

England is coming out from the recession even if this dosent mean that the economy will grow esponentially in the future. That said I think England will still have funds for space missions and research in the next decades.

Anyway congrats to UK for its 50 years in the space.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, New Jersey, US

Like any country actively involved in space, they're all taking hits at the moment. I agree with Italian though they'll eventually pick up the pace again once the economy is out of the mud.

• Italian Ufo likes this

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 50 years, UK, Space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users