Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will human-like robots become real and when? - Important

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I know about Asimo and the other ones with the human look but I'm asking how long is it going to take for them to make robots like in the movie "Artificial Intelligence" a lot like humans. To be honest, i'm not really into science... I'm just a helpless human being trying to survive without hope. Cause I have no hope, and my brain keeps telling me that this can be a hope for me. My story is pretty long, if I must cut to the chase, I'm brutally in love with a married soccer player with 2 kids (i didnt know he was married when i first saw him but it was too late cause i fell in love with him at first sight 5 years ago), and I will never be able to be with him and I was wondering if they're gonna be able to make those lover-robots who look and sound 100% human so I will get myself one that looks like him. Its still better than hugging a jersey with his name on it everyday for years. I can/will never be with another human male either. So its the only thing I can think of at this point. I'm in my early twenties, will they ever make them before I get old or die?... I know I sound rather crazy, but what I'm experiencing is not a silly love-sickness or a stupid fantasy or an obsession. I feel like I'm him, sometimes. Everything that makes me live is in him. I'm completely empty without him, I'm dying for years and years maybe I'm already dead, I dont know. Its like I'm a piece of him, a piece of his flesh and I was torn away, somehow I know I belong to him... anyway. If someone could give me any correct info on this I'd so very much appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance..

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

if I have to be honest maybe end 2050-2060 a Robot football/soccer team may beat the English National football team.

Robots will be still rare by then just like cars in early  1950s but they will start to become wide spread and robot companis will start to hit the market. By 2080-90 we will se many robots among human society with all extraordinary capbilities often even more advacne then humans themself.

it may also happen that at one point robot will get independent thinking and develop a conciousness and wish to be reconized as humans. This will be pretty messy but I dont think it will happen until next century in my guess. Thats when the definition of human will change in  law books.

Edited by Italian Ufo, 04 January 2013 - 10:42 AM.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Welcome to the forums! According to the Timeline, we should get flawlessly human androids by the beginning of the 22nd century.

Of course they'll have a lot of (failed) attempts before then.

I think we'll start seeing androids sometime around 2050-2060, and they'll be exceedingly human-like before 2110.

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

I really would like biological robot that means that they are entirly biological except the brain

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

2050 - 2060 ? Great I'll be dead by then... or a 80 year old. Its useless to me..

Edited by BonnieSkywalker, 04 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,320 posts
2050 - 2060 ? Great I'll be dead by then... or a 80 year old. Its useless to me..

Well hopelly being 80 at that time will be like being in the late 60s now...so dont desperate...

also cryonics will be well developed by then and this gives a further hope that you will be resurected and enjoy robots at that point

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,557 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Yeah and please get some help or try and meet people. Robots can't make you feel better. Just wait for full immersion virtual reality. I'd guess 2040.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

Bonnie, the technology you should be excited about is full-immersion virtual reality made available by nanotechnology that should be available within the next 30 years.  Nanoscale robots (nanobots) can be inserted into your nervous system non-invasively (think of taking a pill) which will interact with your neurons and completely take over your sensory perception for as long as you wish.  Instead of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting or feeling the real world, your sensory input will come from the nanobots.  You'll be able to "plug in" and go walking on an abandoned beach with your football star, and the experience will (eventually) be indistinguishable from real life.

EDIT: hah! me and SG-1 just gave you the same estimate on the same tech at the same time.  That's how you know we're right :)

Edited by StanleyAlexander, 04 January 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,557 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Hey stanley.. Jinx

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

STOP!

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Well hopelly being 80 at that time will be like being in the late 60s now...so dont desperate...

also cryonics will be well developed by then and this gives a further hope that you will be resurected and enjoy robots at that point

60 is very old too, for someone like me. besides i dont think i'll live that long either. I was hoping I would be at least 35 or something... actually this idea came to me from a movie called "The Companion" its not a very well known movie but it was pretty good. A woman buys one of those robots called 'Companions' she chooses what he looks like etc... 

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

4 minutes? you totally got me.

Posted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

But Bonnie should also refer to some psychologist. i mean thats pretty serious if it is true what she is narrating.

i dont judge or say this is just stupid because everyone has different feelings.

me myself i got crazy for a lady who i never met yet and it took me a while to forget of her.

but i think this is because she was very beautiful and i always imagined a bright future with her.

meeting her in reality or  living  with her could have been a  different story.

So Bonnie see a psycologists or try to exercise yourself to change your thoughts. you can do this...sometimes is very simple sometimes is hard.

dont wait for virtual reality or robots. be happy now!

Edited by Italian Ufo, 04 January 2013 - 11:39 PM.

• StanleyAlexander likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

60 is very old too, for someone like me. besides i dont think i'll live that long either. I was hoping I would be at least 35 or something... actually this idea came to me from a movie called "The Companion" its not a very well known movie but it was pretty good. A woman buys one of those robots called 'Companions' she chooses what he looks like etc... 

Also bear in mind that this is not the solution...sex and love with programmed robot is just an illusion. he dosent give the same type of reward emotionally speaking. it may at the start but for me it will decrease with time...

Trust me...move one..you still young

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

good call.  the future will no doubt bring us all great things, that's part of what this forum is about, but there is most definitely happiness to be found for you right now.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Bonnie, the technology you should be excited about is full-immersion virtual reality made available by nanotechnology that should be available within the next 30 years.  Nanoscale robots (nanobots) can be inserted into your nervous system non-invasively (think of taking a pill) which will interact with your neurons and completely take over your sensory perception for as long as you wish.  Instead of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting or feeling the real world, your sensory input will come from the nanobots.  You'll be able to "plug in" and go walking on an abandoned beach with your football star, and the experience will (eventually) be indistinguishable from real life.

EDIT: hah! me and SG-1 just gave you the same estimate on the same tech at the same time.  That's how you know we're right :)

I dont want it if i'm an old woman. I want it while i still look young.

Yeah and please get some help or try and meet people. Robots can't make you feel better. Just wait for full immersion virtual reality. I'd guess 2040.

i just wish so bad that people will make those robots before i get old so i'll have his robot-twin and believe me i'll feel a lot better than now.

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted Image

oh :(

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

I dont want it if i'm an old woman. I want it while i still look young.

i just wish so bad that people will make those robots before i get old so i'll have his robot-twin and believe me i'll feel a lot better than now.

There's also hope for tech in the future to reverse the aging process altogether.  Think of being 85 but looking, feeling, and functionally BEING 25? http://www.futuretim...9.htm#longevity

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

?

whats the difference between what you said and having a dream in your sleep?.. that still doesnt sound good enough for me..

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Having a robotic replica of a man isn't the same as the man either.  Like UFO said earlier, I think there are better ways of becoming happy and nurturing happiness than having hope for technology that we may achieve in decades if we don't blow ourselves up.

EDIT:  That said, this timeline is awesome and helped me build hope for the future and prioritize my life.  You should browse the main futuretimeline.net site

Edited by StanleyAlexander, 04 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

• Italian Ufo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users