Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will human-like robots become real and when? - Important

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

BonnieSkywalker

BonnieSkywalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
there's another way... i could kidnap him if i had enough money and take him to a solitary island surrounded by oceans and wait years for him to get used to it. its risky, but with a good plan it could be done.  :resent:

That's a bit much for me. Protip: crime is bad.

Posted Image

haha... it was just a thought. its not like i'm serious. lol anyway.. thanks everyone for the informations and paying attention. appreciated...  :suicide:

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Psychiatry is a pseudo-science.Tthere is no proof that it works in the large majority of cases. i am not sure that would help her.

Someone should have a look at this site http://www.cchr.org/

I would talk to a psychologist and try to coperate with him or her and work through my emotions without any drugs.

But for doing this you need the coperation of the patient.. but this is not the case for Bonnie. She has horse blindfolds for this guy and she dosent want to improve at all.

And call your emotions however you wish Bonnie...you are in love but being love so much is not always an healthy things.

Love is like playing a game, you also need to have fun to play well.

Good Luck in life

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

I was under the impression that psychiatry and psychology are the same thing?

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
How is psychiatry pseudoscience? It uses drugs. People with mental disorders like schizophrenia need those drugs. Id say psychology is more likely to be pseudoscience, but the brain can be studied. I believe consciousness can override some predispositions though.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,322 posts
How is psychiatry pseudoscience? It uses drugs. People with mental disorders like schizophrenia need those drugs. Id say psychology is more likely to be pseudoscience, but the brain can be studied. I believe consciousness can override some predispositions though.

http://en.wikipedia....Anti-psychiatry

http://www.antipsych...rg/25reason.htm

These and many other likns. Drugs can be pseudo-science.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,322 posts
I was under the impression that psychiatry and psychology are the same thing?

Not they are not. They coperate and  have some similrities in some cases...but the education is different, some thoeries are different and often even the  treatments.

http://psychology.ab...sychvspsych.htm

Edited by Italian Ufo, 05 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,136 posts

I dunno, Italian UFO. You are the guy who recently posted a "scientific proof against evolution" topic, linking a page that cited the Bible as its resource. :p

I'm looking this psychiatry vs. psychology thing up.

EDIT: The titles "psychiatrist" and "psychologist" are most often used interchangeably to describe anyone provides psychotherapy services. They both conduct psychotherapy and research, but there are some key differences:

A psychiatrist has a degree in medicine and a psychologist has a doctoral-level degree of psychology (the study of the brain and its functions).

So really, the choice you have is between medical help (being prescribed medicine so you can feel better) and psychological help (venting your problems to a therapist so they can find the root of your problems).

I'm certain neither of them is pseudoscience.

Edited by EVanimations, 05 January 2013 - 07:22 PM.

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,322 posts
I dunno, Italian UFO. You are the guy who recently posted a "scientific proof against evolution" topic, linking a page that cited the Bible as its resource. :p

I'm looking this psychiatry vs. psychology thing up.

EDIT: The titles "psychiatrist" and "psychologist" are most often used interchangeably to describe anyone provides psychotherapy services. They both conduct psychotherapy and research, but there are some key differences:

A psychiatrist has a degree in medicine and a psychologist has a doctoral-level degree of psychology (the study of the brain and its functions).

So really, the choice you have is between medical help (being prescribed medicine so you can feel better) and psychological help (venting your problems to a therapist so they can find the root of your problems).

I'm certain neither of them is pseudoscience.

in the post about evolutions i said take the Bible out for the discours  and look at science. There atheists and scientiests who dont believe in eveloution and here I close the discourse about that. I dont see what that has to do on what we are talking here right now?

psychology is not just venting your problems and find the root of it.  there are mental therapies, excercise you can follow.

while i never believed to solve mental problems just with drugs or things like eletric-shocks (which are still in use).

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,136 posts
in the post about evolutions i said take the Bible out for the discours  and look at science. There atheists and scientiests who dont believe in eveloution and here I close the discourse about that. I dont see what that has to do on what we are talking here right now?

'Twas a joke. Hence the smiley.

• Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,322 posts

sorry i took it too personaly :)

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
2050 - 2060 ? Great I'll be dead by then... or a 80 year old. Its useless to me..

in the meantime, why not get yourself an appointment with a shrink. better to live in the present rather wait for the future, for all we know the future might be worse than now... 

The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users