Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Could two-screen phones make a comeback?

Two screen phones e-ink Yota Devices Vladislav Martynov

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, USA, 1st March 2060 CE

Mobile phones with two screens have been around since the days when being able to see who was calling was still a technological treat.

But current smartphones appear to have moved away from the idea.

Richard Taylor talks to Yota Devices CEO Vladislav Martynov about why he hopes e-ink on the second screen is the answer consumers have been looking for.

From http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/9782115.stm

I've never had a two screen smartphone but will they come back?

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

That seems pretty good. It might not matter if we get better and more efficient batteries, but for now it seems pretty useful. You believe that I still don't have a cell phone though? I might have to break down and get one if they keep getting cool stuff.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Well, I didn't have one until about a year and a half ago, so don't feel bad, and even then, it's just a regular cell phone on a pay-as-you go plan and not a smartphone with a contract. It's minimalistic, but works great for what it needs to do. That said though, this seems like a great use for an e-ink screen while maximizing battery use. I got a Tablet for Christmas this year (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus) and I much prefer reading on my Kindle than with the tablet, mainly due to the contrast. For colour things such as PDFs though, it's great.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users