Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Digital Chinese caves preserve history

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, USA, 1st March 2060 CE

_65087714_xts_digitalcave_center.jpg

Digital caves are a revelation for tourists - and offer respite for ancient historical sites. Jane O'Brien explores how 3D recreations can be even better than the real thing.

Atmospheric music greets visitors to Cave 220 - part of the Mogau Grottoes of Dunhuang, an oasis on the ancient Silk Road in China's Gobi Dessert.

A flickering torch offers a tantalising glimpse of the exquisite murals painted by Buddhist monks some 1,400 years ago. And then suddenly, the cavern is ablaze with light, its beauty fully revealed in dazzling colour and extraordinary detail.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-20802947

Thats one way to preserve history.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,319 posts
  • LocationRome/London

We may do something similar in the future.

I have this fantasy thar runs in my mind sometimes. Many of current buildings, road, cimiteries, relgious temples with skull or very ugly representations will be all destroryed in a far future. This may happen in the era of Paradisism ( a sort of New Reinaissaince) where planet earth has to remember like heaven us much as possible. Therefore everything that looks aesteticlly ugly can be destroyed but stiil it can be saved in 3d or in a virtual world. So once can still visit it.

Peraphs a bad neighboor in Naples instead of being tottaly destroyed can be scaneed atoms by atoms and then being reproduced in a virtual world even with its smell. The original neighboor will be destroyed and it will be replace with a huge fouintain or building or statue...or simply with grass...

just crazy fantasy who runs in my mind...i thought of this since 2006-7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users