Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Pre-Brexit Premonitions Thread

Britain UK Sweden The Netherlands Denmark France Germany EU

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, USA, June 7th 2900 C.E.
Britain is "sleepwalking" into leaving the EU, which would undermine the UK's economy and leave it "voiceless and powerless," Ed Miliband will say. From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20385905 I know it'll be a bad thing to leave the EU but the UK also have the right to do stuff than the EU telling us what to do all the time.
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
i think that in few year the euro will overpass the pound and UK will be foreced to join the euro and to stay in the EU

LowLevelFunctionary

LowLevelFunctionary

The Classical Liberal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Britain is "sleepwalking" into leaving the EU, which would undermine the UK's economy and leave it "voiceless and powerless," Ed Miliband will say.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20385905

I know it'll be a bad thing to leave the EU but the UK also have the right to do stuff than the EU telling us what to do all the time.

We're far from sleepwalking into an EU exit, and I see a UK exit being very unlikely, although it would be no bad thing if we did. We'd not leave the common market for a start - and even if we did further down the line, it would probably be replaced by some kind of agreement with NAFTA.

i think that in few year the euro will overpass the pound and UK will be foreced to join the euro and to stay in the EU

Assuming the Eurozone hasn't shrunk, then a reversal of the values would benefit us within the common market by increasing our competitiveness. It'll be at least 5-10 years before this could happen though.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Much as Britain is uncertain about its future relationship with Europe, so Europe is divided about what it wants from Britain.

On a range of issues the UK has strong allies. Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark are just three countries who share many of the same instincts as London and would want to keep Britain in the EU.

There is a larger group of countries who want the UK in the EU, but with conditions. Berlin shares a similar economic approach to London, but Chancellor Angela Merkel's red line is that she will not accept Britain blocking measures that are seen as essential to saving the euro.

Britain has strong cards. Because of demographics it could be the largest economy in Europe by 2050. And much as UK exporters need Europe, so many European companies depend on access to the UK market.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-20927539

By the looks of it the Germans wants to tell the UK what to do like usual and Cameron telling her that we won't be spoken to like that.

Edited by Time_Traveller, 07 January 2013 - 12:23 PM.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

The Obama administration has publicly expressed concern about the impact of a UK referendum on its future relationship with the EU.

Philip Gordon, a senior official in the US State Department, said it was in America's interests to see a "strong British voice within the EU".

"Referendums have often turned countries inwards," he added.

The comments come as David Cameron prepares to make a major speech later this month on future European policy.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20961651

It's weird how the US is concerned about the UK referendum on the EU.

H. G. Wells

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Another day, another EU thread...

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

As Nick1984 said there is to many posts relating to the EU all over this section of the forum so can you please put all News and Discussions on the EU in here.

H. G. Wells

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • LocationCanada

What do you mean by EU? Do you mean all countries within the EU, or about the EU itself?

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Anything thats involving the EU such as the UK referendum going out of the EU.

Edited by Time_Traveller, 10 January 2013 - 08:11 AM.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Nick Clegg: UK 'valuable' to US partly because of EU

The UK is "valuable" to the US partly because it is a member of the EU, the deputy prime minister has said.

It comes after the Obama administration expressed concern about the impact of a UK referendum on its future relationship with the EU.

Mr Clegg said if the UK wanted to lead in the world you had to be "strong in your neck of the woods", but added reform of the EU was needed.

Labour said the UK was strengthened by its membership of the EU.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20969380

H. G. Wells

Demo

Demo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Another day, another EU thread...

Sucks having more than one country in the world doesn't it.

The US would benefit from the UK being in the EU, the EU if it isn't already will be their biggest trade partner and a fully unified EU state although an economic rival would have enough millitary power so China can be kept in check with no issues whatsoever. Having the UK in the EU makes for a very handy bridge between the two superpowers. Having the UK to balance the Franco-German core has to be in US interest, having an anglo nation pulling the strings has to be more appealing.  

I am curious how the trade agreements would work though. If the EU formed a common millitary surely the UK would be duty bound to supply it's latest tech. However the UK and US have special military agreements where we trade tech and hardware that no-one else in the world has. So would the UK stop trading millitary secrets with the US, would the EU be granted access to the agreement, or would essentially one state of the EU have access to things the rest doesn't?

Edited by Demo, 10 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

German MPs warn UK EU exit would be 'economic disaster'

A new, strongly worded warning against Britain leaving the EU has come from a delegation of visiting German MPs.

It follows Wednesday's expression of concern from a senior US official.

The cross-party delegation from the Bundestag's EU Affairs committee was in London to highlight Germany's growing alarm at the danger of a possible UK exit.

The chairman of the committee said if Britain left the EU, it would be disastrous for its economy.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20974666

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

EU debate: Conservative MEP deplores 'pitbull UK' image

The leader of the UK Conservative MEPs says stridently Eurosceptic opinions give the wrong impression that Britain is one against the rest in the EU.

Speaking in a debate in London, Richard Ashworth MEP said "we're making ourselves look pretty darned unattractive" as a partner in the EU.

Many of PM David Cameron's fellow Conservatives want a straight "in-out" referendum on the UK's EU membership.

He is expected to make a key speech on the UK's role in Europe on 22 January.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-20989537

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Heseltine attacks PM's EU strategy

Lord Heseltine has criticised the prime minister's European strategy, saying an "ill-advised" referendum would jeopardise the UK's business prospects.

In interviews with the Financial Times and the Times, David Cameron's adviser on growth says offering a referendum on EU membership would be a "punt".

The Tory peer also warns the policy would "drive away inward investment".

Mr Cameron is expected to announce this month that the Tories will offer a referendum after the next election.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20996376

It is thought he will make the announcement in a speech on the UK's relationship with Europe later this month.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Ed Miliband: PM's EU strategy 'incredibly dangerous'

Ed Miliband says David Cameron's EU policy "is incredibly dangerous" and is "sleepwalking us towards the exit". The Labour leader told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show promising a future referendum on the UK's relationship with the EU would be "an incredible gamble". He said the prime minister was reacting to the threat from the UK Independence Party and Eurosceptic Conservative MPs. Mr Cameron wants to renegotiate the UK's relations with the EU and then seek "fresh consent" from voters.

There is speculation that this might take the form of a promise of a referendum after the next general election - although Mr Cameron has opposed the idea of offering an "in or out" vote.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21002984

Edited by Time_Traveller, 13 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Eric Pickles: New EU 'influx' may add to housing problems

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles has warned that an "influx" of Romanians and Bulgarians could add to the existing housing problems in the UK.

He said he had not yet seen reliable estimates of the numbers who might move to Britain after they get the right to live and work in the UK in December.

Because he did not want to prompt a "scare story" he had asked for more information before giving a figure.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21002988

In my opinion we have to many people from from foreign Countries in the UK already.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

David Cameron 'confident' of UK getting EU changes

David Cameron has said he is confident of getting the changes he wants in the UK's relationship with Europe.

He told BBC Radio 4's Today he wants a "fresh settlement" with Europe and would then seek "consent" from Britons.

Although he declined to say this would be done via a referendum, he said it would done in a " straightforward way".

Mr Cameron is expected to announce his plans - including a future referendum - in detail in a long-awaited speech on the UK and Europe next week.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21009375

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Eric Pickles says EU membership 'needs to be in our interest'

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles has said the UK should only remain a part of the EU if it suits its own national interest, but not "stay at any price".

Mr Pickles told the BBC he would not vote along party lines in a future referendum on the UK's EU membership.

"I'll be voting on what I think is the interests of the country," he said.

David Cameron is expected to announce in a speech later this month that his party will offer a referendum after the next election.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21007308

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

David Cameron to make key Europe speech on Friday

David Cameron's long-awaited speech on the UK and Europe will take place on Friday.

He is expected to announce plans for a future referendum on Britain's relationship with the EU.

The prime minister told BBC Radio 4's Today that he wants a "fresh settlement" with Europe and would then seek "consent" from Britons.

Downing Street said the speech, which had been expected before Christmas, would be delivered in the Netherlands.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21009375

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 5,969 posts

Nick Clegg warning to PM over EU referendum

Nick Clegg has warned David Cameron that it would be "unwise" to create "a prolonged period of uncertainty" over Britain's relationship with Europe.

Mr Cameron will make a speech on Friday in which he is expected to announce plans for a future referendum on the UK's relationship with the EU.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21024123

H. G. Wells

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Britain, UK, Sweden, The Netherlands, Denmark, France, Germany, EU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users