Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Sarajevo 80's Videos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

I went to Sarajevo in 2011  to do research for few months. it still seems to be in a city 1980s or early 1990s.. with the exceptions of internet, celphones and few new intrastructures. While I was there i felt like in Italy of late 1980s..wonderful sensation.

I cant wait to come back in this Romantic city. Sarajevo I love you!

Oympic Winter Village in Sarajevo. It was built still at the times of Yougoslavia. Today many of these  athletics tracks and football fields have turned into city cimiteries. During the Bosnian-War 1992-1995 Sarajevo citzend had an hard time to leave the city so they had no place to burry their deeds except in gardens and in sport fields..

I hope this county will resurect but I see it very hard.

LowLevelFunctionary

LowLevelFunctionary

The Classical Liberal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Is it easy to visit from the UK?  I've always wanted to visit the Balkans, and it sounds like Sarajevo is a good example of the region and the final chance to get a feel for what a Yugoslavian city would have been like (Well OK - putting Serbia to one side for a minute :p)

Edited by LowLevelFunctionary, 09 January 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,460 posts
Is it easy to visit from the UK?  I've always wanted to visit the Balkans, and it sounds like Sarajevo is a good example of the region and the final chance to get a feel for what a Yugoslavian city would have been like (Well OK - putting Serbia to one side for a minute :p)

Absolutely, anyone from the EU can visit Bosnia without any visas and same for Serbia.

Posted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,460 posts

Sarajevo has a very small city center. In 1-2 days you can see the entire city. Most of the toruistic things can be seen in one main Road and along the river Miljacka.

Things you can see in Sarajevo:

-The Latin bridge where World War I started whith an adjiacent musuem where you can see the  reconsturcton of the attempt to Ferdinand of Austria.

- The Old Towm or Ottoman District where you can see one of the most beautiful Mosque of Europe. While you are in old town you can buy a carpet, smoke shisha with different fregancies, eat Cevapi with Yougurt or Burak or traditional Bosnian sweets made with honey. Alchool is forbiden in this area but you can find lots of good beer around this place.

- The Libary in Ottoman style that is currently under reconstruction

-The main road of the city for shopping. But here you can also see the Catholic Church of the city, the main theather, and nice Orthodox Chruch with some moe mosaic. On the  main road there is also a huge skycaraper where you can see all the entire city.

-Then I suggest to have a look at the olympic village

- and along the river see the Jewish Sinagogue, the Art Accademy that looks like the architecture of Budapest, The Eiffel Bridge, The Bosnian parliament

-Last thing Bosnian National Museum where you can see Bosnian archeology from Pre-History to Modern Times.

Then there are other few things..but that the main part..

Then I suggest to go to Mostar, another city where you can see the Bridge and the Amazing nature of Herzegovina ( Mountians, Lakes, Rivers) If you like hiking thats the place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users