Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Big meteor falling and exploding over Russia

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

More and more videos are coming in every minute. Lot's of unconfirmed claims about people hurt.

I'm not going to post all vids here, because there are too many, here's few combined:

Also multiple videos can be seen here:

http://www.rmf24.pl/...elab,nId,933314

Check second for sonic boom blowing windows and turning on car alarms

And here:

http://www.slate.com...ver_russia.html

First vid shows fall, 2nd and 3rd record this immense shockwave hit.

I'm sure there is much more to come.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Holy shit...

• Yuli Ban likes this

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Of course there are already conspiracy theories that russians shot down big asteroid with rocket and this is just remains (funny since all those vids record one and the same thing).

Still there may be more to come.

Oh and as for injuries - yes there are many, but it's all from exploding glass shards.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

The girl I am seeing she lives in UFA cen tral Russia. I just sent her this video. Hopelly she will tell me more about what going on.. thanks for posting this

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

http://io9.com/59844...ded-over-russia

Another set. Just ignore that burning crater video at the end (I guess they'll remove it soon) it's totally unrelated.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Gosh like war shootings

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Just your daily reminder about insignificant humanity is. Sorry to hear people got hurt, impressive footage none the less.

Edit: Here to hear...

Edited by MarcZ, 15 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Tonight more metiorite are expected to hit Russia. One is going to be in Tambov 23:30 Central Europe Time. I hope nothing bad  happens.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

In the first video, did you all see how fast the meteorite was streaking across the sky? Nothing short of a ballistic missile can come that close.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

I wonder if this and later flyby will raise some awareness maybe get some more funding to asteroid and space-related activities.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond
I wonder if this and later flyby will raise some awareness maybe get some more funding to asteroid and space-related activities.

Beat me to it. Anyway, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully this will light a fire under the world's pants, it's a reminder that we are still at the mercy of nature.

If a meterorite is going to hit any landmass on Earth, it might as well be Russia, seeing as Russia probably constitutes 25% of all landmass anyway. I don't know if I'm exaggerating.

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Impressive. Of course, it's bad that there were a lot of people injured by this and houses damaged, but it is nonetheless impressive and, in a way, beautiful.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

POPULAR

I don't think there's much seriously hurt. It's mostly just from glass. Unpleasant but not life threatening.

5yzRHtL.jpg

• wjfox, Raklian, eacao and 10 others like this

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Beat me to it. Anyway, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully this will light a fire under the world's pants, it's a reminder that we are still at the mercy of nature.

If a meterorite is going to hit any landmass on Earth, it might as well be Russia, seeing as Russia probably constitutes 25% of all landmass anyway. I don't know if I'm exaggerating.

Even with all that vast unoccupied land Russia has, this meteorite exploded above a small city. It's like winning the lottery no one wants to win.

It's a good thing Planetary Resources, Inc. made the recent announcement that they will deflect asteroids as part of their business model.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Did you guys see the shock wave at 0:11? Don't play it as it's too fast for your eyes to capture it, just pause the video.

You can see it on the left side of the fiery explosion, propagating to the left.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

http://wattsupwithth...-now-urbanized/

3% of 29% = 0,87% so slightly less than 1 for every 100 asteroids should hit urban area :)

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
http://wattsupwithth...-now-urbanized/

3% of 29% = 0,87% so slightly less than 1 for every 100 asteroids should hit urban area :)

That 0.87% becomes more like 33% if an extinction-causing massive asteroid comes to pay a quick visit. I guess it all depends on the trajectory, composition and size of the rock.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Latest: the meteor explosion released as much energy as a nuclear blast. Hundreds of kilotonnes. Largest impact event since Tunguska (1908).

• Yuli Ban likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

http://s.telegraph.c...ges/Meteor5.png

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
Latest: the meteor explosion released as much energy as a nuclear blast. Hundreds of kilotonnes. Largest impact event since Tunguska (1908).

http://s.telegraph.c...ges/Meteor5.png

All this damage by a mere 2-meter rock...

I shudder to think of what a common 100-meter rock will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users