Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

I used Google Glasses

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,350 posts

• Colonel O'Neil, EVanimations, Cody930 and 1 other like this
The Polar Bears of this world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites.
- Italian Ufo-

A Polar Bear's liver contains enough vitamin A to kill A grown human.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Meh, I hoped someone from our forums used it :)

Still cool, but I'm waiting for more "real" report/review.

• Italian Ufo likes this
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts

So we will see almost everyone with glasses when we walk around in the street?

The Polar Bears of this world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites.
- Italian Ufo-

José Andrade

José Andrade

I am the VR crazy around here!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I wonder how well they will work outside USA, if the GPS is precise with the directions and all that.

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

If they are as popular as some of the newer cell phones then it is certainly possible by the end of the year or early next year we will see everyone walking around with them on. 

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I will get this as soon as it comes out.  I can't wait for it and I'll wear it all the time, when I'm driving and hiking.  It would be so convenient to have this for the split second moments where you need a camera but you can't get it out in time, and even then it isn't exactly what you see because it isn't taken from your perspective. 

It would be cool to take a picture automatically every 30 seconds or so, and stitch a short video slideshow of your day.  It would also help jog memory.  I read something like this called, "Total Life Recall" in a book called Total Recall.

• tushain likes this

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts

The social impact of these glasses will be  intense. We will always be careful of what we do or what we say as everybody will have these glasses on. The tought scares me.

Edited by Italian Ufo, 23 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

- Italian Ufo-

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

available later this year? i hope so!

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow
The social impact of these glasses will be  intense. We will always be careful of what we do or what we say as everybody will have these glasses on. The tought scares me.

It scares me, too.  Can you imagine what a backlash there would be if way more of the dumb shit people did ended up online, simply because someone wearing glass saw it?

And it is really that easy... are any of you familiar with audio (or video) recording software?  ProTools for one has this feature where audio can be playing through it, and it will automatically record until you hit 'stop.'  This way if something cool happens during sound check, before the engineer is actually recording, he can hit the 'record' button after the fact and capture whatever happened.  Tevo and DVR, the live TV recording systems, have this feature as well, but they'll only record a backlog of 30 minutes or some other limit.

This feature would be incredibly popular on a platform like glass.  Think of all those times you saw something cool and just didn't get the camera out in time.  What if you could say "record" after it happened, and have it?

This means anytime someone wearing glass saw you do something, it is potentially online for all to see.  So yes, it scares the hell out of me, too.

That said, I will probably buy it and love it.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Brain-in-a-Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationEverywhere and nowhere. At once.
The social impact of these glasses will be  intense. We will always be careful of what we do or what we say as everybody will have these glasses on. The thought scares me.

At least it will keep our police, politicians, and businesspeople more honest.

Edited by zen_mutiny, 24 February 2013 - 12:30 AM.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." 

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Hahaha yeah right.

Do politicians lie on camera already?  That's rhetoric.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Brain-in-a-Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationEverywhere and nowhere. At once.

Maybe so, but more of their slip-ups will be exposed to the public, a la Romney's 47% gaffe. Bottom line is, with the advent of a "democracy of surveillance," those in a position of authority will be held up to a greater accountability.  A lot of the sleazebags who inhabit public office now, would have less of a chance, or at least have to try harder to seem like decent human beings. The all-seeing eye of the Internet will become even more omniscient.

Edited by zen_mutiny, 24 February 2013 - 01:30 AM.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts

At least will prevent policeman to be more fair to people.  I have been stopped by the police several times while driving. Once it was only for  passing with the red light on a traffic stop in the middle of the night on one way road. They stoped me and they start to insult me  on a personal level, when I protested they said that if I did that again they would have taken my license off. This is clearly an abuse of power. Now Imagine having google glasses. The assholes would have think twice before pronouncing these words. it could cost their jobs and even more.

That said they may ask you to remove these glasses.  The solution to these problems may be contact lenses so they are invisible or a laser to shut the brain of stupid policemen. lol

- Italian Ufo-

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Vitam

• Members
  • 3,589 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Recording a policeman with audio without permission is a crime here in America.

http://gizmodo.com/5...ecording-police

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3u-C__4T8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3u-C__4T8[/url]

Edited by SG-1, 24 February 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts

Thats sick. People  should report these kind of cases more to court so that they would make legal to tape policemen.

One days judges or law makers they will review these laws in favour of authority.

Police abuses of power are increasing more and more nowdays.

- Italian Ufo-

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Also it might be illegal to record policeman in uniform. This was jut some random dude who pulled a fucking gun instead of fucking badge.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts

If police men have their cameras why we shouldnt have ours? after all we pay for secuirty with taxes. I am in favour of cameras on cars and motor scooters.

- Italian Ufo-

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

Here's the corresponding written article from the guy in the video:

http://www.theverge....monthly-updates

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

The article makes me want to buy them now too. I have glasses (bad vision and astigmatism) and I could get this corrected by laser eye surgery but i'm uncomfortable doing so. If I could fit my prescription in these things it would be awesome.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 11,350 posts
The article makes me want to buy them now too. I have glasses (bad vision and astigmatism) and I could get this corrected by laser eye surgery but i'm uncomfortable doing so. If I could fit my prescription in these things it would be awesome.

this will happen for sure.  in 5 years all the opticians  will sell google glasses

Edited by Italian Ufo, 26 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

- Italian Ufo-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users