Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

so what will you do in virtual reality?

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

it all sounds like a plan

José Andrade

José Andrade

Anime fans, talk with me!!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Oh well, where should i begin?

First of all i want a video game balanced and where skill is the important factor. Like Sword Art Online. 100 floors, a beautiful world to explore, guilds, events, raid bosses, player vs player, etc. I think the Grand Line from One Piece would be an awesome adventure too.

I want horror games too, Amnesia: The Dark Descent style.

Sex of course, being able to satisfy all my fantasies.

Seeing another times of history as people above me already said it.

Fly.

And experiment a wide range of things we can't do in real life because we would die or go to jail. For example being a thief. I always liked the idea, the adrenaline, etc but i never steeled anything.

• Accelerator likes this

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Seems that everyone wants to be Arnold Schwazneger in Total Recall (1990) lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.joblo.com...all-science.jpg

• eacao likes this

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
When we can perfectly simulate reality, down to the sub atomic level and even below.  It will be possible to increase the clockspeed of that reality so that time moves faster in the simulated environment than it does in reality, right?

So we could eventually put AI into these simulated realities and they could do research much faster because time is faster in there.  We could have a whole new singularity doing that!

This sort of thing could also be useful for figuring out what's your next counter-move in a real battlefield. Suppose an massive assult by your enemy is occuring so fast you only have mere minutes to come up with a way to blunt it, you enter in a simulation reality where you have thousands of years to figure out the most effective counter-move to the assault that is happening in the real reality...

But what if the enemy also have the ability to predict your "counter-move" by entering a simulation of their own? :)

• Zeitgeist123 likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationChina

To be able to explore completely new worlds, fly/port trough the universe and time is most intriguing to me. 

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

I'll do everything I can think of doing, starting off with being a comic book character. Hey, has anyone heard of the Culture series by Iain Banks? In this society, the AIs(called Minds) spend their free time simulating ENTIRE UNIVERSES for fun, apparently because ours is too boring. Here:

This was the way the Minds spent their time. They imagined entirely new universes with altered physical laws, and played with them, lived in them and tinkered with them, sometimes setting up the conditions for life, sometimes just letting things run to see if it would arise spontaneously, sometimes arranging things so that life was impossible but other kinds and types of bizarrely fabulous complication were enabled.

Some of the universes possessed just one tiny but significant alteration, leading to some subtle twist in the way things worked, while others were so wildly, aberrantly different it could take a perfectly first-rate Mind the human equivalent of years of intense thought even to find the one tenuously familiar strand of recognisable reality that would allow it to translate the rest into comprehensibility. Between those extremes lay an infinitude of universes of unutterable fascination, consummate joy and absolute enlightenment. All that humanity knew and could understand, every single aspect, known, guessed at and hoped for in and of the universe was like a mean and base mud hut compared to the vast, glittering cloud-high palace of monumentally exquisite proportions and prodigious riches that was the metamathical realm. Within the infinities raised to the power of infinities that those metamathical rules provided, the Minds built their immense pleasure-domes of rhapsodic philosophical ecstasy.

That was where they lived. That was their home. When they weren't running ships, meddling with alien civilisations or planning the future course of the Culture itself, the Minds existed in those fantastic virtual realities, sojourning beyondward into the multi-dimensioned geographies of their unleashed imaginations, vanishingly far away from the single limited point that was reality.

The Minds had long ago come up with a proper name for it; they called it the Irreal, but they thought of it as Infinite Fun. That was what they really knew it as. The Land of Infinite Fun.

It did the experience pathetically little justice.

My idea of heaven.

• StanleyAlexander likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

NEW GAME!!!!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF THIS ACTUALLY.  GO BACK TO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OR MIDDLE  SCHOOL WITH THE KNOWLEDGES I HAVE NOW! WHAT PANIC IT WOULD BE. YOU COULD CONTRADICT TEACHER AND BE SENT TO THE PSYCHOLOGIST, THEY WOULD START TO STUDY YOUR BRAIN, YOU WILL BE ALL OVER THE NEWS, YOU WOULD BE PRAISED BY PARENTS , CREATE PANIC, GO ON TV, MESS AROUND BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING.!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK LOL?

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC
NEW GAME!!!!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF THIS ACTUALLY.  GO BACK TO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OR MIDDLE  SCHOOL WITH THE KNOWLEDGES I HAVE NOW! WHAT PANIC IT WOULD BE. YOU COULD CONTRADICT TEACHER AND BE SENT TO THE PSYCHOLOGIST, THEY WOULD START TO STUDY YOUR BRAIN, YOU WILL BE ALL OVER THE NEWS, YOU WOULD BE PRAISED BY PARENTS , CREATE PANIC, GO ON TV, MESS AROUND BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING.!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK LOL?

LOL You could also use your knowledge to become the world's first trillionaire. You go back far enough to a time Apple, Microsoft, SpaceX, and Google haven't been invented. You invent them all by yourself! :)

• Italian Ufo likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
I would like a full immersion virtual reality of a spitfire pilot shooting down enemy aircraft, maybe replace real war with virtual war so no one dies and we can sort our differences through a game instead of killing each other for real.
  • Accelerator likes this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

That won't because war is not a game. 

Countries wouldn't say "Oh, darn.  I lost the game, I guess I will have to comprimise because I value human life!"

They would say, "A game?  Ok you play the game and I'll just send in my drones, bombs and soldiers"

War isn't going to be safe, ever.  We may send robots to fight in wars, but ultimately it will always resort to a battle to the death if the stakes are high.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
NEW GAME!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK LOL?

LOL You could also use your knowledge to become the world's first trillionaire. You go back far enough to a time Apple, Microsoft, SpaceX, and Google haven't been invented. You invent them all by yourself! :)

By the time we get this technology, money would become obsolate, i wouldnt find it intresting.

but i am sure some people would. lol

I want to make some chaos in society instead!

seems we are going to have lots of entrateinment.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Countries wo uldn't say "Oh, darn.  I lost the game, I guess I will have to comprimise because I value human life!"

They would say, "A game?  Ok you play the game and I'll just send in my drones, bombs and soldiers"

War isn't going to be safe, ever.  We may send robots to fight in wars, but ultimately it will always resort to a battle to the death if the stakes are high.

I don.t agree with this my friend. Our society will become a society of warriors. War will serve as catharsis (from greek to purge). In other word will be an emotional relief for us. Everything will be nice and perfect on this planet and humans the way they are now, they cant sit on the chair and be quiet. We will always want to mess around, in a way or another.

So we will have lots of war games.

like this one for example but very real...with pain and blood.

I can also see warhammer games real, a more violent form of rugby or american football, Gladiators fights, naval battles, world war II, fighting car races.

Edited by Italian Ufo, 29 March 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Thats a game I always wanted to do in virtual reality. It was very famous in ancient Rome.

Edited by Italian Ufo, 29 March 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace

I would probably play a fixed version of Skyrim and any other future game in The Elder Scroll Series.

Imagine this (for those who played it):

- Everything is in real time.

- Every NPC has appropriate AI, that means humans have human AI, elves have better AI and deer have deer level AI

- Fully bug fixed

- Expanded cities 

- You say what you say and not a predetermined speech.

If this happened I would have at least 5 years of entertainment in playt hrough alone. Questing, fighting dragons, killing bandits. I would also include Sex AI as well. I just hope this kind of technology comes out 2060.

• Cosmic Cat likes this

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationSnodland, Kent, UK
NEW GAME!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK LOL?

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Thaizasaskand, 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

Another of my hobbies that I've never mentioned on this forum before is visiting theme parks and attractions, mainly THORPE PARK and Chessington World of Adventures Resort, both of which are local to me. But I've recently been thinking, could VR put theme parks out of business and eventually make them obsolete? I mean, if you could go on a virtual roller coaster in the comfort of your own home, why travel miles to visit a physical theme park?

What other things do you guys think VR will make obsolete?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

first thing i'll do is have sex over the internet. we're all gentlemen here. lol

• Italian Ufo likes this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Fatalbert911

Fatalbert911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationusa, east coast

well guy some good post's indeed! thanks for the many reply's and you better believe i'm so ready to begin the adventures of a life time. this IS the single most exiting thing for me and what i look forward to the most about the future! but you know besides the entertainment value vr can also have some major piratical uses for example how about instead of having to go to work you just work from home in a vr space and if it requires manual labor simply use the family robot controlled via virtual reality to do it =) 

• Zeitgeist123 likes this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Countries wo uldn't say "Oh, darn.  I lost the game, I guess I will have to comprimise because I value human life!"

I don.t agree with this my friend. Our society will become a society of warriors. War will serve as catharsis (from greek to purge). In other word will be an emotional relief for us. Everything will be nice and perfect on this planet and humans the way they are now, they cant sit on the chair and be quiet. We will always want to mess around, in a way or another.

So we will have lots of war games.

like this one for example but very real...with pain and blood.

I can also see warhammer games real, a more violent form of rugby or american football, Gladiators fights, naval battles, world war II, fighting car races.

Oh yeah we will definetly have war games.  I know I want to be a gladiator lol.

I mean we won't take these war games seriously in real world politics.  We aren't going to play a war game with a dictator who oppresses his country and expect it to do anything in the real world.  It may hurt someone's ego but it won't actually drive a political faction to give up power.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

VRMMORPG

VRMMORPG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

A lot of you is talking about creating your ideals worlds in fivr, but take this into consideration: if you want to create your ideal world you will have to know a lot about programming, because a lot of fantasies of yours involves people from the past, customized exo-planets, sexual fantasy, body morphing, etc.

Dont take me wrong, full inmersive virtual reality and mind upload is what i really expect to have in my lifespan, but creating your customized content will require a skill that esentially,  will need you to become a really good programmer.

Edited by VRMMORPG, 11 April 2013 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users